1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Looping Questions!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Halal Cool J, May 24, 2011.

1. Halal Cool J

Halal Cool J Member

Hi there! Hope everyone's well [​IMG]

A few quick questions to see if anyone's got suggestions, ideas or experience for looping live percussion to replace a drum kit (downsizing!).

OK, I have a djiembe, wood blocks, a wicked Bigfoot stomp box & a hi-hat stand. Basically I've got everything needed to make a compact little drum kit that can sit next to me or two of my friends on a small stage.

Question 1a :
    Looping beats... would this be possible with one mic? On one of those flexible silver stands that you can move on the fly to where it's needed. Since the stomp box doesn't need amplification, that's out of the equation - so the mic would only have to move around 300mm (1ft) or so max.

Question 1b :
    If I can figure this out with one (or two) mics, do you think it would run smoothly enough through a Boss RC-20? If there's any other equipment, compressors, EQ's, etc that would help balance it out... please advise. (Clearly I'm new to this techy side of things [​IMG] hehe.)

Question 2 :
    I've got a Takamine acoustic with a tube pre-amp, it sounds awesomely warm. Would a Boss OC-2 or OC-3 give it a clean enough bass sound to loop basslines as well as rhythms and leads from the same guitar?

So in summary, I've got percussion, stomp box, one guitar, Line 6 DL4 Delay, Boss RC-20, Flanger & Super Chorus, Shure SM58, AKG D5.

I'm wanting to loop basslines, rhythms, leads, vocals & percussion tracks.
    I've got the dexterity down pat. But no idea how to bring it to fruition technically. Please help! Kudos & mad props up for grabs haha [​IMG]

Cheers guys,

BJ

2. 4nd3h

4nd3h Member

Mics into a mixer into RC20 would work.

3. zastruga

zastruga Member

I'd just get a drummer... but of course, you would have to feed him :messedup

4. Halal Cool J

Halal Cool J Member

Thanks guys :JAM

Even you zastruga haha. I'm going with the foodless option. Times are tough, and drummers are hungry.