LORD VALVE? (Help)

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by Mooncusser, Aug 26, 2006.

1. Mooncusser

Mooncusser Member

Hi guys,

I was wondering if someone could give me a little feedback on a tube dealer who's business is named "Lord Valve"
    I have visited his website, but never delt with him.
    I have an offer to trade some tubes I have for some that were bought from him, and I know nothing about him or his reputation
    I appreciate your time,
    Mass

2. Mondoslug

Mondoslug Supporting Member

He might have a problem with you being from the land of the Kennedys....

ducking

3. Mooncusser

Mooncusser Member

Hey guys,

Thank you for the advice and opinions.
    I am sure he is the nicest guy in the world,
    I just never delt with his business.
    Mondoslug,
    You are gonna crack up beyond belief when I tell you this...........:crazyguy

I work for the most specialized mechanical service company on Cape Cod as a licensed plumber, pipe fitter, gas fitter and oil burner tech.
    I have a special security clearance due to the fact that I am a police academy grad and a former MP.
    The Kennedy's use our company exclusively and guess who is sent to thier compound for all mechanical repairs,installations or emergencies....
    You got it!, ME!
    I was there last a few months ago, working on Ted's house and Mrs. Robert F Kennedy's place, which is housed directly next to John F. Kennedys house.
    Ted just bought John F's place a short time ago.
    It's really wild walking though and seeing the childhood pictures of the family.
    It's a small world, huh!..LOL!
    Take care and thank you again!
    Mass

4. aleclee

aleclee TGP Tech Wrangler Staff Member

He's my primary source of current production tubes. He doesn't do as much NOS as some other folks but everything he sells is gonna be well-tested.

Since he doesn't send out "catalogs" often via email, I've put 'em up on my web site.

5. Rod

Rod Tone is Paramount Silver Supporting Member

Hey Cape Cod man, Lord Valve is to tubes in Denver, what Jim Mouradian is to Guitar Repair in Cambridge Mass.....Jimmy does all of J Geils work as well as Brad and Joe's guitars

6. datguytim

datguytim Supporting Member

Lord Valve is a good cat - I've done business w/him before. Very knowlegable, honest cat - who won't sugar-coat you some dogsh*t.

7. Lyle Caldwell

Lyle Caldwell Member

Imagine you're dealing with a biker, but one who knows what he's talking about and won't steer you wrong, however rough he may be about it.

Totally trustworthy and sells high quality with good service. Just... a character.

8. rooster

rooster Member

Just ordered some Tung Sol 12AX7's from him yesterday to try them out. He seems like a nice enough guy. Very knowledgable, and pretty cool.

IMO.

rooster.

9. big mike

big mike Moderator - EL34 Emeritas Staff Member

Good product, good service. Just keep the discussion on the tube level, and you'll be fine. :)

10. jbltwin1

jbltwin1 Member

Is lordy putting his catalog out in THAT format? Like as in a string? I've gotten his catalog before but don't remember it being that run together.

11. ktimken

ktimken Member

Never got a bad tube from him and seems to be a straight shooter.

12. hasserl

hasserl Member

When it opens up in a txt file just hit Edit and Select All then copy it and paste it into a Word doc, it will read corectly.

13. JJman

JJman Member

I buy power tubes only from LV. Other stuff too but he burns them in as well as matching them. W/O the burn-in the matching is pointless. He is very knowledgeable and helpful. ..........Just don't ask him about Hillary.