• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Los Straitjackets?

Phil M

Silver Supporting Member
I like their sound and vibe a lot--saw 'em live once and that was really cool. I'm not sure what they could put on a disc that I haven't heard them do before though.

mad dog

Silver Supporting Member
I'm a total fan. Got to meet Eddie Angel and Jason Smay at a non-LS gig in NYC. In addition to being outstanding musicians, they are down-to-earth, unpretentious people. Last time I saw the full band was last year in Piermont NY. One of the best shows (of any type) I've seen in years.

rogwerks

Si!!

First Time I saw them was on Conan's show years ago...!!

I thought, Look @ these dudes!!!

Beyond cool...

coldfingaz

Bumpin' this old thread because I saw these guys twice at a festival this week. They were really cool. I'd heard good things, but this was much better than expected. If someone told me a week ago I'd be seeing an all instrumental surf band twice at this festival (and loving every minute of it), I never would've have believed it.

Lennox Lewis

Love em'! Saw them at the Southgate House with Southern Culture On The Skids not too long ago. Great show with fantastic musicians. The drummer absolutely kicks ass too.

mikelaw

Modern day Ventures. They are one of my favorite bands and I am amazed when I talk to musicians and they have never heard of them or have never seen them.

psyandy

Silver Supporting Member
One of the coolest surf bands of all time. Total throwbacks with amazing tone and totally down to earth. I love them and Deke Dickerson.....they did the Guitar Geek event at NAMM together in the past and it was a reverb drenched blast!!!

Fatherflot

Great fun band, especially when they are performing with the Fabulous Pontani Sisters burlesque show.

Nice guys too. I interviewed Eddie and and Danny on my little college radio show years ago and they came to the interview with the masks on, posed for pictures, did a bunch of promos, talked about Link Wray, the Astronauts, Hank Marvin, etc. It was like a dream come true for me.

Love the crazy retro DiPinto Guitars they play: http://www.dipintoguitars.com/product.php?id=2

Last edited:

Gas-man

Unrepentant Massaganist
I like it for about 15 minutes.

Seen them live and everything but the schtick just gets old.

Trending Topics