Lost a classmate and former neighbor this weekend

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by explorer76, Feb 9, 2015.

1. explorer76

explorer76 Member

I grew up with and graduated high school with a kid who lived directly next door to me. We've known each other our whole lives. Parents are still friends with my parents. I still have somewhere a photo of the two of us all dressed up and ready to step on the school bus for the very first time! Grew up playing backyard football, baseball, etc. He went on to be a very very successful high school athlete and excelled at wrestling in particular. We were not extremely close in high school but we were always friends. I saw him about 4-5 years ago at another classmates wedding.

I found out today that he took his own life on Sunday. No further details have been made available.

He is leaving behind some kids (I think teens by now), ex-wife, a girlfriend, family and of course friends. Very tragic and sad!

2. EricPeterson

EricPeterson Member

Very sad, sorry to hear this.

3. Lava Lamp

Lava Lamp Member

Very sad. My best childhood friend (and next door neighbor) did the same thing a few years ago. I have no idea why. Sorry for your loss of your friend.

4. tone4days

tone4days Member

sorry to hear it man - i hope all who mourn these passings find comfort

5. explorer76

explorer76 Member

Thank you all for your comments! Been a hard couple of days so far. I've been in contact with the family so classmates have been turning to me for details on the funeral and calling hours. Fielding a lot of sad txt messages, facebook posts and phone calls. Its tough.

6. cratz2

cratz2 Member

Really sorry to hear that. I know it's always tough, but when it's someone your own age that you've known for quite a while, there seems to be deeper implications, regardless of the circumstances. For me anyway.

:(

Stay strong and good on you for stepping up and helping the family in their time of need.

7. RJLII

RJLII Member

I've been down my share of bumpy road, but I can't imagine the pit of dispair it would take for someone to end their own life. Sorry for your loss. Hang tough.