Lost My Pedal Board

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by drod2045, May 5, 2008.

1. drod2045

drod2045 Member

So this past weekend my band and I played the Bamboozle Festival in the meadowlands in East Rutherford, NJ. We played one of the mainstages (NowWhat.com Stage). After our set, we were promptly urged to get all our stuff out of the way for the other major acts loading in behind the stage. I grabbed one of my guitars and my pedalboard and ran to my car.

At this point, I was filled with adrenaline and excitement from just playing a great set and everyone loving us. I get to my car and the cars on either side of it are extremely tight next to me. I then put my board down in front of my car and squeeze between the cars to load my guitar into the backseat. I close the door and hoped in the drivers seat, back up, and drive away eager to get back to the loading/unloading area to get my amp and my other guitar. What i didnt realize is that I left my board sitting right in front of my car until the NEXT morning when we had to play again!

When I sat in the drivers seat, i couldnt see what was directly infront/below of my hood (VW Passat). I have no one to blame but myself and its such a terrible and frustrating thing that the way that I lost it was in such a simple and, may i say, innocent way. Someone is walking around with a lot of gear for free and they have no idea how much time, effort, money and care went into putting that thing together.

I was one of the first ppl to order the Lovepedal 200lbs back in jan, and I just got it. Also, this being my first major show, I just bought a wireless system specifically for this event. i recieved it last week and only got it use it twice. It just hurts knowing my good hearted efforts were squandered away by my own dumb forgetful self.

I hope this doesnt come off the wrong way but Im not looking to make this a sob story. Im writing this just in case anyone comes across a board being sold with the gear in my signature somehow. Also, Im writing this because you live and you learn and although Im out of a board; at least I have my health. I played a festival and had a blast. Its just money, before I know it, I'll be up and running again.

The following gear was my board:
    Trailer Trash Board w/ SC
    200 lbs of tone
    Korg DT-10
    EB Vol Jr
    Crybaby Standard
    Barber Tone Press
    Barber DDSS
    Ibanez TS-7
    EHX Wiggler
    Behringer DD400
    Visual SOund H20
    Keeley Katana
    X2 Wireless
    George Cable and Ends
    (2) Fulltone Gold Cables
    One Spot w/ (2) Daisy Chains

Thank you for reading. I hope everyone can elarn from my mistake and not let hype/excitement blind you from your job

2. C-Dawg

C-Dawg Member

So how many times have you thrown up?

3. Rock72

Rock72 Member

I feel for you. Hope it turns out OK in the end. You're right, it's only $, but it hurts nevertheless. We all know the price of gear. Congrats on a good show though.

4. jb1911

jb1911 Member

Holy Crap! Sorry guy.

5. lazy912

lazy912 Member

that really does suck. sometimes dont you wish you can go back in time and change one thing, just one thing to make life more easy? well, i feel for you, but everyone makes mistakes. we are who we are.

6. gregc

gregc Member

Ouch! I hope it finds it's way home.

7. LavaMan

LavaMan Gold Supporting Member

Man, that sucks. I have done things like this myself (I think we all have) As an example, I left my guitar (2001 AM Strat) at a blues jam about a year ago and luckily got it back the following week. Just got my tuner back this past week after leaving it at a jam...

Send me your address: mark@lavacable.com and I will send you a pedal board kit and two Lava ELC cables (total length 35' - need to know what plugs straight or right angle).

Mark

8. drod2045

drod2045 Member

Thanks guys. For the record, I have not thrown up. But going from feeling like a major act rock star to being back at my desk in a cube - uugggh...i almost want to forcefully yakk to get kicked out.

9. radcliff

radcliff Member

That sucks and I'm sorry, but I hope you're not posting this list in the hopes of finding your lost stuff or the person who took it.... IMO you left it there, it wasn't really stolen. We should all start putting our addresses on our boards, we might be better off, I know I fear leaving stuff behind at gigs too :)

10. drod2045

drod2045 Member

Mark, i just emailed you. I dont know what to say...im almost in tears... Thank you

11. localmotion411

localmotion411 Supporting Member

+1 -- I wonder if it would do any good, but I'm probably going to put a tag w/ my name and address on all my stuff, in case a good samaritan finds it and might possibly return it to me.

12. localmotion411

localmotion411 Supporting Member

Mark, you flat out rock!

13. drod2045

drod2045 Member

No no...Like I said, it is no ones fault but my own. 99.99% chances are that a non-musician has it. I just wanted to tell people to be more careful than myself

14. charmboy

charmboy Member

Sorry to hear about your losses drod. That's a total drag, and I hope you recover quickly.

LavaMan, that is a seriously wonderful act of goodwill!!!

15. LavaMan

LavaMan Gold Supporting Member

No problem...I will send this week. Will repsond when I get back to my shop...

Mark

16. lazy912

lazy912 Member

i continue to see mark going out of his way to help people and show his kindness. what a great guy. superb customer service, a down to earth type of guy and someone who helps other musicians in need. mark, keep up the great work your doing and so far i'm loving that pedal board kit. :p

17. matt5150

matt5150 Either U Know Or U Don't Supporting Member

I have been there. Left a guitar in the back of my truck when I was unloading my gear one night and it got stolen but it was entirely my fault. A tough way to learn a valuable lesson.

PM me your info. I have a new Boss TU-12 and a Ibanez TS-9 I will send you to get you started again.

Peace,

Matt

18. Phillip_H

Phillip_H Supporting Member

Once again, I am reminded that TGP is pretty freaking cool.

19. Franklin

Franklin Member

Very cool lavaman!

20. Chito

Chito Member

Almost the same thing happened to me last week. Came home from a gig, got the guitars and amp and cables all into the house. Left the pedalboard outside. I was on my way to work the next morning, opened the front door and there was my pedal board. I thought I was pretty lucky.

Sorry to hear about losing your board.