Lots of Great stuff at NAMM

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Upgrade, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Upgrade

Upgrade Member

Cool-
    Little Big Muff
    HBE Mimic Analog Delay
    EH Russian mics

Fender Super Sonic amp kicks ass!

more later. . .

2. Mojoman

Mojoman Supporting Member

Nice!
    MORE UPDATES MORE UPDATES!!!!:D

3. Upgrade

Upgrade Member

The new Boss RC 50 Loop Station was impressive
    The Boss RT 20 Rotary did not sound any better than the L6 Rotomachine
    Cool display though!
    Hello Kitty Squire Guitars??
    Way too many rich hippy swirly wood grain gold plated mother of $$ inlaid
    guiitars and amps Ugh!!!!! :horse

4. oxtone

oxtone Member

Upgrade,

Thanks for the reports! I'm watching Harmony Central for updates, too.
    I've been to the NAMM six times since the 90's - love the show!
    Keep the updates coming! Couldn't make it this year, but was there in '03 and '04. Love the warm weather (I'm from Minnesota - cold in Jan., but not that cold this winter, so far).

Is the Fender Supersonic an all tube amp? What does it sound like?

Check Hall E, downstairs. Lot's of cool, smaller companies down there.

5. Upgrade

Upgrade Member

I've been to NAMM every year since 1979!!!

SuperSonic is all tube channel switching amp. Done in old school piggy back style w/ head and 2x12 cab or a combo. You can get black tolex w/ wild grillcloth or traditional blonde/oxblood. The clean channel is great with a switch for Bassman/ Vibrolux voicing. The drive channel rocks pretty hard tone controls are very nice and there is reverb.To me, it kicks butt on the VibroKing ( I had one) I believe it's 60 watts all tube SS rect. I want one!

6. ChazMania

ChazMania Silver Supporting Member

Hey Oxtone,

You were recently looking for a killer combo amp, don't know if you scored one or not. I heard and played through perhaps the greatest sounding combo amp I could possibly imagine at Namm today. Bogners new Duende! Ahhh....wow, dude...where to start: First Greg V was demoing the thing, and he is just a monster player. 18 watt, 1x12, 2 6V6, channel switcher, blendable channels, reverb and tremelo. With Ch 1 being clean, warm, rich, and can get to some drive when pushed. Ch 2 was the Gain channel I have heard so much about regarding Shiva and other modded Marshally tones. Blending the channels was insane. A Gold top Les Paul straight into that amp, nothing else and it was tonal supremacy.
    I told Reinhold I would give him my kidneys to get on the list for it! My friend I was with offered him his son! Reinhold was really funny and a great guy to talk to. I'm going again tomorrow, and if that thing sounds that good again, I am making serious plans to sell stuff to get one, even if I have to sell kidneys, spinal fluid, plasma, eyeballs, whatever....!! :D

7. Upgrade

Upgrade Member

Tomorrow I'll be hooking up with Alf (Mr Zendrive) and my pal and great drummer Josh Freese. I plan to visit with R Keeley and Zak Vex. Also I tried the new Moog 1040Z Delay. It's very nice but not better than my Maxon AD999. I'm going to spend some time with the Memory Lane. Loved the Fender Eric Johnson Strat- neck is pretty beefy. Got a killer Bad Cat shirt!

8. gururyan

gururyan Member

Somebody check out that new Koa Strat from Fender for me!

[​IMG]

9. Last Nerve

Last Nerve Supporting Member

I am also DIEING to try the Bogner Duende!
    Could be a great compliment to my Shiva.

10. ChazMania

Chris (Lastnerve).....Reinhold said it's tonally similar to the Shiva. I told him I had been wanting a Shiva, but never need that much power, and he said "then this is perfect for you." Actually more than perfect, the Duende can combine channels giving yet more secret sauce to the mix. You ravved about your Shiva to me, I'd love you to hear the Duende and tell me what you think.
    Wow man...wow.....holy freakin wow...

11. justicetones

justicetones Member

Maybe Chazmania and I will run into you at one of those stops. We shall be around those booths a bit too. It would be cool to say hey to Josh also. Wow what a killer drummer. I have had the pleasure of working with him. Great guy........

12. grinder965

grinder965 Member

Is the show open to the general public?

13. moodog

moodog Member

Nope...

:(

14. johnrea_77

johnrea_77 Silver Supporting Member

It used to be that Skip's Music in Sacremento had an event that a lot of the NAMM presenters attended a week after the "closed" event. It was a great way to check out new gear with company reps and demos. I was there on a business trip back in 1992 and attended. I don't think they still do it.

Just have to keep looking around for public guitar shows.

15. rockster12

rockster12 Member

Naw, he quit doing that a few years back. He now has a big parking lot swap meet once a year. And it has been huge. Last year a buddy of mine picked up an all tube Ashdown 1x12 combo for under 200.00. And it was brand new out of the store.

16. Upgrade

Upgrade Member

I tried it without plugging in- NICE!!! great looking and neck had some birdseye. Plays as good as any new strat.

17. ChazMania

splatt- thanks for the word..(fixed my post)..i barely remembered my name after playing that amp.....you could have called my ThelmaLou and I might have answered! No dis intended to the german genius.