Lots of Pedals...To Looper Or Not?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by MG90, Feb 19, 2012.

1. MG90

MG90 Member

I am redoing my pedal-board, and I am not sure if I should use a loop switcher like Loop Master or not. I was just looking at the newer pedal board thread and there are healthy boards with no loopers, just 2 big rows of pedals.

If you have lots of pedals on your board please tell me why you do or don't have or want a switcher setup.

Pics and or board measurements are a bonus. The size I am building is 18" x 32"-36".

Thanks. ​

2. teleclem

teleclem Member

Hi,

I believe my board is roughly the same size, iirc. It's from TT's pro series.

I had a 7 loop one made by a friend. If I'm not mistaken, I think this one's 14.5" wide.

It's a great solution for someone with big clumsy feet like me (size 13, wide shoes). Even with my thin Toms, I can still accidentally nudge knobs and stuff. Primary reason I went with a looper was for the elimination of tap dance.

Tone-wise.. I guess it helps lessen the length of your chain? Also, problem pedals can be isolated without having to rewire stuff.

I used to run an Octaswitch but I felt that I wasn't really maximizing it that much.

Pic isn't updated, but the board's roughly the same:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

With the octa:

[​IMG]