Loud pop when engaging EHX soul food

there have been a few threads on this topic.

the (non-soldering) fix is to run it in 'buffered bypass' mode and the pop goes away.

ibis

Change the internal switch to buffered. That'll fix it. The buffer is good. No tone suck I can detect.

iama

Yup, switching to buffered fixed the problem.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

snow and steel

Silver Supporting Member
also be fore you use it/plug it in/turn it on/whatever - step on it about 5-6 times. This will discharge any static that has built up in the switch which can sometimes make a pop.

manticorefx

Anyone else experiencing a loud pop every time they engage their soul food pedal?

EHX didn't bother to include a drop down resistor, the thing that keeps the pedal pop-free. A pretty poor design choice. The easiest solution, as everybody else is saying, is to just run it in buffered mode. But if you really want to run it TBP and get rid of the pops, you can solder a 1M, 2M, or 2M2 resistor between the effect's input and ground. Any good tech should be able to do this in a matter of minutes and the resistor should cost 2 cents or less.

Lolaviola

Silver Supporting Member
is there a trim pot inside to switch it to buffered? anyother ehx pedals do this?:huh

It's a miniature switch.

Here's my story. I was getting a pop with my brand new pedal. I also got the pop on buffered on mode. THEN I started to have an intermittent switch where it would cut the signal. So what I did was to open the pedal, access the switch, (which thankfully is not soldered to a board) and open the switch up and clean the contacts. I also put a big nylon washer on the switch between the case and the top nut.
Now my pedal works normally.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom