Loudest Fender Head?

edwardsforest

What would you say?
May be looking for a fender head in the future... and I am looking for loud.
Pedals would be applied. Not to big on reverb effect as a whole, but I wouldn't care.
leave the budget out for now......:AOK

jzilla

i LOVE my BF fender showman. not sure if it's the loudest but it's plenty loud. 85 watts = tons of clean headroom. takes pedals better than any other amp i've had. if you want amp breakup this prob isn't for you, though. it has to be beyond LOUD for that.

re-animator

Dual Showman.

Goes from 1 - Ridiculous on the dial.

Also I think fender did start doing some dick dale spec Twins and Showmen in the 70s.... 180 watts!

RussB

low rent hobbyist
ToneMaster, Dual Showman, Bassman 100

Did Fender ever make any of those amps with six 6L6's in a head box?

sickboy79

You would love a ToneMaster........ I do anyway.:dude
+++10000!!!! I've owned one for about 8 years and it's one of the best amps in my collection - hands down. Fantastic tone - and to the question - LOUD!!! I'd also put BF Twins/Showmans in that category as well. Another one that is LOUD is the Dual Professional from the Custom Shop series. They don't make it anymore - but, it was in the same line as the Vibro King and Tone Master - designed by Bruce Zinky. Basically a high powered Vibro King with more headroom. LOUD!!!!

A lot of the SF higher powered amps from the mid/late 70s were SUPER LOUD, clean, and sterile sounding as well!

In Tune

+++10000!!!! I've owned one for about 8 years and it's one of the best amps in my collection - hands down. Fantastic tone - and to the question - LOUD!!! I'd also put BF Twins/Showmans in that category as well. Another one that is LOUD is the Dual Professional from the Custom Shop series. They don't make it anymore - but, it was in the same line as the Vibro King and Tone Master - designed by Bruce Zinky. Basically a high powered Vibro King with more headroom. LOUD!!!!

A lot of the SF higher powered amps from the mid/late 70s were SUPER LOUD, clean, and sterile sounding as well!
:hide SSSSSHHHHH!!!!! They"ll all be wanting one.

tbone666

i got a fender dual professional as a combo, pretty beat up and put the chassis in a head cabinet. Basically a hand wired twin - 100 watts, reverb, and trem. this thing is so loud and takes pedals nicely as that's where a lot of my sound comes from.

it may be on the chopping block as it is too much amp at this point, but it's f'n sweet.

XmasTree

Attn:
WARRO

Do you play that at all? Share your experience with that beast. Please. That'd be awesome. :)

Trending Topics