Louis Electric Buster

Discussion in 'Amps & Cabinets Demo Videos and Soundclips' started by dez, Apr 4, 2015.

1. dez

dez Member

When researching equipment I find that demos never really address the needs I have - how something sounds in a band setting and in different types and sizes of venues. And so many demos are recorded with equipment that exceeds the cost of the item I'm researching. So I made the type of equipment demo I wold like to see - the write-up below the video explains further (basically Strats, Teles, MusicMaster into an OD or Fuzz then into the 1x12 25w 6v6 Louis Buster Combo).

Anyway, I think that Louis Electric Amplifiers Buster is a killer amp. If you want something that sounds great, is simple, versatile, loud and light I dont think there's anything better.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
  2. dez

dez Member

Anyone else using a Buster - or any other of Lou's other amps?

I get alot of decent comments about the amp when I'm playing but dont see many other Louis Amps out there in gigland.

3. flantrax

flantrax Supporting Member

I have a KR12...awesome amp...I'd love to try others but not many make it out to the West Coast...

4. dez

dez Member

Do you use the KR12 for gigging? How does it cut at gigs? I've heard some of Lou's bigger amps and they always sound really good, but seem to be really loud. Which is cool, but can be overwhelming in certain small gig situations.

I was able to play some of his blackface line and was also very impressed.

5. flantrax

flantrax Supporting Member

I use it all the time live...works great...it's pretty loud but totally manageable...Although I play in a pretty loud band...might not be the best amp for cover/bar gigs where volume can sometimes be an issue...I mostly play larger venues where you need a little extra juice...

6. dez

dez Member

Nice! Lou's amps are always good for the little extra juice!