Louis Electric KR 12 clips anyone?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by choppy7, Aug 1, 2008.

1. choppy7

choppy7 Member

Man, I am dying to get my hands on one of these amps.........but being in Australia makes this a little complicated !
    Can ANYONE with the ability PLEASE post some sounds clips of the KR 12 demonstrating all its gain stages ( even better , a you tube video !)
    I will be forever grateful !

2. lgehrig4

lgehrig4 Silver Supporting Member

Have you checked the Louis Electric forum? I have a KR12, but unfortunately no clips. Great amp! I think there is a KR12 and Ferrari for sale on on this forum. If they are willing to ship to Australia it's definitely an amp worth taking a chance one. Given the gear on in your sig I would bet you'd love it.

3. choppy7

choppy7 Member

Hi,
    Thanks for the reply..........I have checked that forum and the clips are pretty average. The KR12 has disappeared from this forum just yesterday ??? and I am not quite in a position to buy until I sell something... But am working on it ! I probably will take a chance on the KR 12 as soon as I have $ in hand ! Would you say its usable at low and high volumes?? How would it compare to say an AC30 Volume wise?? About the same ? Thanks again

4. lgehrig4

lgehrig4 Silver Supporting Member

Sounds great at all volumes with the newer master volume. If you buy a used one make sure it has this new master since it would be difficult for you to have one added.

I have an AC30 clone and the volumes are similar, but then again the AC30 is a 2x12 tne the KR12 a 1x12

5. 57special

57special Silver Supporting Member

Volume is about the same as a healthy sounding AC30. MV works very well, even the "old' one. The Ferrarri is very similar...smaller cab, i think, maybe a touch less loud. It depends on which transformer he put in it. Since he does them all himself, he will build to suit, i.e., put a 35 watt tranny in a KR12 to lower headroom, or vice versa.
    Hard to find, but the NYCTF (New york City Tonefest) video had the KR12 being played through by our own Jackaroo, with Lou Rosano taking the amp through it's various gain stages.
    It basically goes from tweedish cleans, through tweedish bluesy sounds, into maxed out tweed Pro, then quite a bit beyond any gain levels that a vintage tweed can achieve. For those who don't know, a healthy 50's Bassman can be an absolute monster when cranked! I had a 55 that would eat "high gain" amps for lunch.

6. choppy7

choppy7 Member

Thanks for that useful info all ! I will do a google search for the Tonefest and try find the KR12 sounds ! Cheers.
    Yes, it will be hard to find a used one with the newer master vol ..........but one will turn up eventually.
    Thanks again