Louis Electric Tremblelux Sound Clip

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by jumpnblues, Aug 11, 2008.

1. jumpnblues

jumpnblues Member

In case you're interested I just posted a clip ("Heaven St.") on the Member Clips board of a USACG Tele with Don Mare pu's going direct to a Louis Electric Tremblelux. There is about a 15 second lead in, so be patient. I did notice there is some sound quality loss but not too major of a loss. I'd be interested to know what you think, good or bad. But keep in mind I have thin skin and might cry. Just a pitiful sight. :D:D:D Listen below:

http://www.box.net/shared/static/z96atf0zn2.mp3

Tom

Last edited: Aug 14, 2008
  2. Bloomfield fan

Bloomfield fan Silver Supporting Member

Great to hear a sound clip for this amp. It is on my short list of amps I am interested in (also KR12). I listen to a lot of blues music so this is right up my alley in terms of the type of clip I would want to hear. Nice playing and good tones.

3. jumpnblues

jumpnblues Member

Thank you for the kind comments. Glad you liked it.

Tom

4. jumpnblues

jumpnblues Member

Almost forgot...I was using a Scumback H75, which I really liked. But I think my ears like the M75 ever so slightly better. I like the smooth top end of the M75. I'd very much like to have a cab with both, but my reason for getting Tremblelux was for a lower powered, lower volume amp. If I use a 2x12" cab it kind of defeats that purpose. Soooo, I have to settle on one speaker.

Tom

5. jumpnblues

jumpnblues Member

Just curious...how do mic your amp for recording/clips? Thanks.

Tom

6. jumpnblues

jumpnblues Member

OK. Look above in the original post. Thanks for lookin' and askin'.

Tom

7. davebc

davebc Member

I posted after hearing your clip on Lou's site.
    I know exactly what you were after and you nailed it.
    Damn, if that isn't what Lou is the best at, building time machine amps with truest authentic rich vintage tone.
    Thanks a lot, now I have to buy a Tremblelux!

8. jumpnblues

jumpnblues Member

Ha, ha! Now just don't you be puttin' any clips of that Louis Electric Gattone up and given me ideas!! It's OK for me to be a bad influence on you. My wife won't allow the opposite (Tom trying to convince wife to let him buy another Louis Electric amp...:argue...). Thanks Dave for the nice words, by the way.

Tom

9. davebc

davebc Member

Tom, the Gattone(like the Tremblelux) is just compact enough to keep a secret.
    Geez, I keep forgetting God is watching me.:jo

10. jumpnblues

jumpnblues Member

11. davebc

davebc Member

Tom, this is a (gattone) subliminal message. (gattone)
    So, it sounds like you're enyoying the new amp(gattone)
    How loud (gattone)were you running it? (gattone)
    I'd post a clip of my latest Louis aquisition (gattone) but I'd have a tough time choosing which tone from the huge array (gattone)

o.k. I'm actually starting to annoy myself.

12. M I K E D.

M I K E D. Supporting Member

I'll say what I said on TDPRI

Milkshake THICK tones to die for! Great feel too- now I really want to sell my 5e3 and buy a Tremblelux...

nice clip.

13. jumpnblues

jumpnblues Member

Get behind thee you satan!! LOL!!!

Tom

14. jumpnblues

jumpnblues Member

Hey Miked,

Do it. Believe me you won't regret it. And Lou will build it however you want with whatever you want in it...even 6L6s (it comes with 6V6s, which I love).

Tom

15. davebc

davebc Member

Yea, Lou called me up all excited the other night. He took the stock Tremblelux, loaded it with 6l6's instead of 6v6's and ran it through a 2-12 cab. OMG!

16. jumpnblues

jumpnblues Member

Yeah, I'd love to do that but it then kinda' gets into KR territory. I mainly got the Tremblelux for a great sounding low powered amp for small venues. And it's perfect for that just the way it is. There's enough tonal difference between the Tremblelux and my KR-10/12 to have two different sounding but outstanding amps in their own right.

Tom

17. davebc

davebc Member

I had the same thoughts. I dig the Tremblelux for what it is.
    Tom, how loud do you run the volume?

18. mad dog

mad dog Silver Supporting Member

Oh, that sounds good! Add another amp to the sweaty-palms list. I've long wanted a tremolux type. This sure looks to be a good one. It can take 6L6s too? Do you know how the power changes with those tubes?

19. jumpnblues

jumpnblues Member

Dave,

It's a fairly efficient amp overall, with good headroom for a low powered amp, so I run it wide open. Doesn't start to "really" break up until about 10 on the dial (It goes to 12!!!!!!!!! LOL!!). Doesn't seem to matter what speakers or tubes you use...it still maintains fairly good headroom for 25 watts. If you want more overdrive use a pedal. I don't use pedals much but I did try a Red Snapper through it and it sounded superb. I'm using it without pedals though unless I have volume issues at a venue.

mad dog,

I'm not sure how much the power is boosted with 6L6s but call Lou Rosano at Louis Electric. He can tell you. Lou said it sounds killer with 6L6s and was trying to talk me into converting, but I don't want anymore volume. Just a gorgeous sounding amp though anyway you hear it. Oh, by the way almost forgot...it has a 5 watt switch.

Tom

Last edited: Aug 16, 2008
  20. davebc

davebc Member

Lou told me the 6l6's jump it up to about 28 watts.