1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Love for the DynaComp

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by WickedSailor, Feb 12, 2012.

1. WickedSailor

WickedSailor Member

I'm relatively new to pedals. Been playing for a while (just guitar into a fender blues jr.) but recently decided to take the plunge. I just bought the MXR dynacomp and tried it out at rehearsal today. I kept it on the whole time and loved what it did for my sound. I kept messing with the output and sensitivity settings. I was able to turn up the volume on the amp (fender blues deluxe) but regulate it with the output knob. There is a serious volume drop with the comp on. It was quiet (save for the buzz thats always there when i use the neck pickup only on my strat) The sensitivity all the way up was good for a funky kind of sound and I kept messing with it from song to song. Anyway I am new to this forum as well and just thought I'd come on and share my excitement for the dynacomp.

2. Jesus freak

Jesus freak Supporting Member

I liked mine. but I was doing a comp search, and ended up with a Wampler Ego.
    I would get another Dyna, if i needed another comp, or to try some mods out on it.
    A lot of guys really love their Dyna's

3. TheGuildedAge

TheGuildedAge Member

Stock dyna works for what I need, no need to change. I loved my Carl Martin, but don't need the transparent studip type anymore.

4. WickedSailor

WickedSailor Member

To be fair I haven't tried any others so I'm biased I guess. I definitely went with the dynacomp because of the price. I'm saving for the TC hall of fame reverb.

5. durbanpoison

durbanpoison Member

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the Dyna Comp. I like less heavy handed compressors, like the BJFE PGC, but, hey, to each his own!

6. Hey_wilson

Hey_wilson Member

7. WickedSailor

WickedSailor Member

how similar are the traditional ross and the dynacomp?