Love for the DynaComp

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by WickedSailor, Feb 12, 2012.

1. WickedSailor

WickedSailor Member

I'm relatively new to pedals. Been playing for a while (just guitar into a fender blues jr.) but recently decided to take the plunge. I just bought the MXR dynacomp and tried it out at rehearsal today. I kept it on the whole time and loved what it did for my sound. I kept messing with the output and sensitivity settings. I was able to turn up the volume on the amp (fender blues deluxe) but regulate it with the output knob. There is a serious volume drop with the comp on. It was quiet (save for the buzz thats always there when i use the neck pickup only on my strat) The sensitivity all the way up was good for a funky kind of sound and I kept messing with it from song to song. Anyway I am new to this forum as well and just thought I'd come on and share my excitement for the dynacomp.

2. Jesus freak

Jesus freak Supporting Member

I liked mine. but I was doing a comp search, and ended up with a Wampler Ego.
    I would get another Dyna, if i needed another comp, or to try some mods out on it.
    A lot of guys really love their Dyna's

3. TheGuildedAge

TheGuildedAge Member

Stock dyna works for what I need, no need to change. I loved my Carl Martin, but don't need the transparent studip type anymore.

4. WickedSailor

WickedSailor Member

To be fair I haven't tried any others so I'm biased I guess. I definitely went with the dynacomp because of the price. I'm saving for the TC hall of fame reverb.

5. durbanpoison

durbanpoison Member

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the Dyna Comp. I like less heavy handed compressors, like the BJFE PGC, but, hey, to each his own!

6. Hey_wilson

Hey_wilson Member

7. WickedSailor

WickedSailor Member

how similar are the traditional ross and the dynacomp?