• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Love for the DynaComp

WickedSailor

I'm relatively new to pedals. Been playing for a while (just guitar into a fender blues jr.) but recently decided to take the plunge. I just bought the MXR dynacomp and tried it out at rehearsal today. I kept it on the whole time and loved what it did for my sound. I kept messing with the output and sensitivity settings. I was able to turn up the volume on the amp (fender blues deluxe) but regulate it with the output knob. There is a serious volume drop with the comp on. It was quiet (save for the buzz thats always there when i use the neck pickup only on my strat) The sensitivity all the way up was good for a funky kind of sound and I kept messing with it from song to song. Anyway I am new to this forum as well and just thought I'd come on and share my excitement for the dynacomp.

Jesus freak

I liked mine. but I was doing a comp search, and ended up with a Wampler Ego.
I would get another Dyna, if i needed another comp, or to try some mods out on it.
A lot of guys really love their Dyna's

TheGuildedAge

Stock dyna works for what I need, no need to change. I loved my Carl Martin, but don't need the transparent studip type anymore.

WickedSailor

To be fair I haven't tried any others so I'm biased I guess. I definitely went with the dynacomp because of the price. I'm saving for the TC hall of fame reverb.

durbanpoison

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the Dyna Comp. I like less heavy handed compressors, like the BJFE PGC, but, hey, to each his own!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom