Love pedal 1/2 watt Vintage .What speakers & pedals are you using?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by cuz/karl, Jan 25, 2006.

1. cuz/karl

cuz/karl Supporting Member

Just got mine.I'm using an Eternity set to clean boost w/ treble boost hight & a bd2 fuzz freak set for some lead fuzz.
    Through a vintage 30 112 cab.
    les paul & firebird

What are you using.

2. exodus

exodus Member

Cab: a Germino 2x12 closed back loaded with greenbacks.

Guitar: mainly a '69 custom shop, rosewood board with wagner sr single coils and a titanium tremolo block

pedals: clyde wah > McFuzz hot > Megavibe > v-stack Tweedy (to eq) > Swamp thang tremolo > ad-900

1/2 watt kept on lowest setting.

It sounds pretty good but it can get a bit "boomy" with the low end. I might convert the cab to an open back.

I'd also like to shift the eq up a bit. I'm thinking a GE-7 modded boss eq might help.

3. rh

rh Robo Sapien Noise Maker Gold Supporting Member

Z-Best 2x10. Lowest setting. Perfect 'home' amp for me.

I'm thinking very seriously of selling my MAZ 18 NR and GT Soul-O 45 heads, and most of my effects, since I really don't need them for anything.

If Sean makes one with more headroom, it'd be perfect for the one remaining gig I do (low volume electronica duo in very small NYC clubs).

4. Last Nerve

Last Nerve Supporting Member

I've been using it with my Bogner Shiva sized 1x12 combo!
    Great results, btw..with the vintage AND the Cannibal. :)

5. cuz/karl

Hey some are saing it's too loud ,other not that loud.
    Loud guys .....whats your speaker.
    Not that loud guys ...what speakers.

I'm tring to get the too loud out of it to use with a band that practices VERY QUITE I don't know how the drummer hits this light.
    I can't get my 15w loud enough to get past that thin tinny sound before half on the vol knob without them bitchin to turn down.So I thought this might work,sence I read how loud some say they get.

Do I need tens????

6. cuz/karl

JPAGEY WHERE YOU AT? HELP A BROTHA OUT.

Sean says you got the low down on the speaker ****.

7. cuz/karl

8. RickB

RickB Member

I have been plugging mine into the 2-12"s in my Fender "The Twin". Volume is just right. I haven't tried running pedals into it yet as I like the sound of it just the way it is.

9. Occam

Occam Member

Guitar: Fender Antigua Reissue Tele with Lollar special in the bridge and Lollar Charlie Christian in the neck strung up with D'Addario half-rounds

Pedal: an old analog man modded TS9 and a Homebrew Electronics Germacide for raunchier tones

Cab: Mesa 1x12 Thiele cab (EVM loaded)

...I'd really like to find a nice 1x8 cab but they're really hard to find by themselves.

10. r9player

r9player Silver Supporting Member

I'm using a 1x12 Closed back made by Park with a Celestion inside, forgot what Celestion it is .. but I think it is rated 65 watts or so.
    The Lovepedal is loud but certainly not too loud, I was chaining it with my Champ for a bit and that sounded pretty killer by itself I wasn't too impressed. Hoping to get a Powerblock actually and putting the Lovepedal in chain with that to make a rather interesting yet convoluted 1x12 on the go.