Love the Empress Buffer+ but wish it was togglable!

Pseudonymous

I don't mind what it does to my fuzzes except one: the Red Witch Fuzzgod II (similar to the ZVex Fuzz Factory). When you engage feedback mode, you can't screw with your guitar's volume knob to get DJ scratch noises or whale song noises. That sucks! Is there a modification out there to allow it to be togglable or is there another pedal out there that does the same thing that is togglable?

It seems to be a well-known issue with the buffer but they have zero plans on changing it which I think is crazy.

Orwells Ghost

It's not an issue with the buffer, that works as it is supposed to. You'll just have to place your Fuzz pedals before the buffer. The oscillation noises you like have to do with your pickup interacting with the fuzz pedal, and any buffer between your pickups and said fuzz will prevent that interaction from happening.

Pseudonymous

The "how does it work" was something I was going to ask but forget to! Thanks a bunch for that. I figure if the buffer was able to be toggled that'd be nullify my problem though, yeah?

Orwells Ghost

If you could turn the buffer off, yes that would allow your fuzz to oscillate, but then you lose the benefit of having a buffer at the beginning of your chain and may notice some reduction in high end due to cable capacitance. There are switchable buffers, but why bother when you already have an excellent on, and can just put the Fuzz god before it. One less switch to step on, ya know?

Pseudonymous

I have a number of pedals I prefer to be before that one though, like the Microsynth and POG. I don't use the oscillatory thing much so reducing the highend is perfectly fine with me in the short run.

Trending Topics