Love the Tim/Timmy - what else kills for lower gain OD?

jdel77

The Tim/Timmy circuit is flat out awesome. I use a Tim on my smaller practice board, and currently have a Timmy on my main board for low gain overdrive.
Just interested in what other alternatives have worked for people who found other great low gain drive sounds. My main gigging amp is currently a vintage Orange head; soon I will have a custom built 50w Plexi clone arriving too. Through a 2x12 G12H cab.

Heady Jam Fan

Always thought the Barber line of pedals sounded good. I just bought a Tim though... go big or go home I guess is my mentality, even if I was happy with something else - would it be better with the Tim?

jdel77

Hmm. I've been thinking of building a Bluesbreaker clone. It's the one low gain OD I haven't tried.

harpinon

I too love my Timmy and low gain pedals and such.
The Barber 1/2 gainer sounds very similar to the timmy only with some midrange control and two drive channels. It might be my favorite of all low gain drives.

I also have a kingsly jouster. It's much Like the barber only with smoother clipping. More kot or klon-like.
Very expensive dual tube drive pedal.

cayle_6

Half Gainer does it for me in the low gain territory. I can set one channel for a cleanish boost, then the other channel for a bit more hair to the tone.

katuna

Gold Supporting Member
EP Booster, but I assume that's not considered OD? AC Booster and Eternity

Trending Topics