Lovepedal 200lbs and Analogman Sun Face

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by lifeson1, Mar 16, 2008.

1. lifeson1

lifeson1 Supporting Member

I'm sure there may be some feedback on these pedals head to head, but I just thought I'd start up a thread after I just received the 200lbs the other day (thanks, Sean!!!!). I had recently just got my Sun Face and fell totally and utterly in love with it. . . After putting both pedals up together, I think they both 'shine' in their own right. The 200lbs certainly has more grit and firepower than the Sun Face, and the Sun Face has this compression that really smoothes things out at 3/4 up. I love both of them, probably interchange a bit, still pushing each pedal as far as I can. Any other thoughts?

2. RickB

RickB Member

Well, since the 200 is silicon and the SF is germanium, they are sort of apples and oranges in my opinion, albeit that they are both fuzzes. I have both of them on my board and wouldn't try to use one in place of the other as I don't find that they are interchangeable at all.

3. Jason Lynn

Jason Lynn Member

Not all sunfaces are germanium.

4. RickB

RickB Member

Yeah, I know, thanks. When the OP didn't say they were talking about a BC108 or BC183L SF, and with the way the OP described the sound (compression, smooth), it seemed pretty safe to say that the OP was referring to the regular ol' germanium SF.

So what are your thoughts on the two pedals? :confused:

5. Jason Lynn

Jason Lynn Member

Who me? I'm still waiting on the 200lbs. My SF is an NKT sooooo your comment is valid in my case ;) Love my sunface..but for live use it had it's drawbacks. I never had time to set the bias before gigs when I was playing out. By the time the gear was on stage they were ready for us to set volume and gooooo. It generally aways sounded good but there were times I had wished I could tweak that bias control. Not really a problem now since I'm not playing out at the moment. It'll probably get replaced on my pedalboard though if I start playing out again with a sili fuzz.

6. gregory49

gregory49 Member

the 200lbs will be my second LP fuzz.. my first was the BBB07 which was an amazing fuzz that i shouldn't of sold. But I have the sunlion and its incredible.. I love it very much. Where does everyone set their sundial?

7. lifeson1

lifeson1 Supporting Member

I put my sundial at about two o' clock. Running two fuzzes on the same board is questionable for me, I mean - if you've SEEN my board you'd say this guy has WAY too many pedals. . . Especially OD's. That being said, I really love both of them, and for those that DON'T have their 200lb's yet, you're in for a heck of a treat. . . I'm looking at both of them right now and pretty amazed by arsenal of tone that both bring to the table. And odds are, I wouldn't have known ANYTHING about them if I wasn't part of this community. Thanks, guys.