Lovepedal 200lbs of Tone

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by RickB, Jan 14, 2008.

1. RickB

RickB Member

2. PlexiFuzz

PlexiFuzz I know karate. Voodoo, too.

Damn, how did you get it before me!?!?

Must be quick shipping to Boston.

3. Phil M

Phil M Supporting Member

Is this a fuzz/distortion along the lines of the Dragon and BBBs? I lost track of what this one does.

Power tap?

4. justonwo

justonwo Member

Aw man, I don't wanna wait for mine! Give us a full report.

5. PlexiFuzz

http://www.lovepedal.com/tchula.htm

...ignore that is says tchula in the url.

6. themusicboxstudios

themusicboxstudios Member

hmmm ... i wonder if it arrived at my apartment in boston ...

7. Troy T. Blues

Troy T. Blues Comstock Station

Wow! What a great pic!! :)

Congrats!

8. John Hurtt

John Hurtt Supporting Member

9. Last Nerve

Last Nerve Member

Yes, he did. But he's using the same URL page that the tchula was on. :)

10. sfdoyle

sfdoyle Member

Hello Rick,
    so have you had a chance to demo it yet? does it clean up on the guitar volume knob much? can't wait to get some feedback on the pedal. THanks
    Mel

:munch

11. themusicboxstudios

themusicboxstudios Member

just checked my tracking number ... it arrived at DHL in boston ... but no delivery ... probably tomorrow :crazy

12. teleblaster

teleblaster Supporting Member

Nice pic! That tele is the meat and potatoes. CS ? rusted screws. I like. Oh, the pedal is pretty cool lookin too.:drool

13. PlexiFuzz

Yes, that's why my post says, "ignore that is says Tchula in the url."

14. GAT

GAT Gold Supporting Member

Got mine today too!

This is a fuzz I can actually use! The controls work great and you can vary the tone/fuzz/gain to achieve many different tones.

The violin sound is there in spades. Vinetto-->200lb-->Naylor or Mad Professor! I also tried a BFJ Red Rooster after it and that combination just kills.

You guys are gonna love this one!

15. PlexiFuzz

Well, it actually did arrive in town, and since I'm impatient and have nothing to do tonight, I'll be heading to my DHL facility in an hour or so.

Can't wait to check it out.

16. GAT

GAT Gold Supporting Member

17. AfterDarkMusic

AfterDarkMusic Member

I'd love to hear some clips from folks on here, particularly that move through different settings on the pedal... and include an idea of what the gear sounds like without the pedal.

I'm shopping for a fuzz.

18. John Hurtt

John Hurtt Supporting Member

Gotcha, I took it that you thought they were the same. There was quite a bit of that on a previous thread.

19. al carmichael

al carmichael Member

If I owned one, I'd make you some clips. I do, however, work with Sean and helped with the r&d on this pedal, lending my ears and playing it. I did nothing with the circuit design--that's Sean's field of expertise. I just used my ears and made a couple suggestions, which he was really on top of already. It is like a BBB but uses silicon transistors--which are not so prone to changes in temperature.

I am not a huge fuzz guy, but I found at least five different settings that were useable in this one. It definitely cleans up very well when you back off your guitar volume to about 8. You have an incredible fuzz, rangemaster and a blend between the two. With adjustments to intensity, you can go more into an overdrive territory or go all out Jimi.

I found myself playing and experimenting with different settings and spent a good 30 minutes, enjoying everything I discovered. Its a real cool pedal. My biased 2 cents.

20. RickB

RickB Member

The DHL tracking said it arrived at the facility a town away from me on the 14th but it wasn't scheduled to be delivered to me until the 16th. So I called them and arranged a pickup. Not sure why they sit on things for three days!

I never had a BBB but I have a White Dragon and yes, this is along the lines of that but voiced much differently and the range of tones is wider in my opinion. Yes, it has a power tap on the top (regular BOSS adapter type, center negative).

I only got to spend about 30 minutes with it last night. See below for initial thoughts.

Thanks Troy. :)

I only got to spend about 30 minutes with it last night. It does in fact clean up with the guitar's volume but what has stood out to me is how great it sounds with the fuzz knob on the pedal backed down. Usually a silicon fuzz only sounds good with the fuzz cranked.

Thanks. Yes, CS Relic born 6/5/06. :AOK

It was late last night when I got to spend a bit of time with it so I didn't get to do any videos. I will try and do a couple today after work.

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

The tone knob or whatever you want to call it is much like the blend on the White Dragon however, at it's full clockwise setting, instead of going into full on fuzz like on the White Dragon, it turns the sound fatter and darker but doesn't lose it's cut. At the other end of the spectrum, it is more of a treble boosted sound but still pure silicon fuzz goodness. There is a ton of gain in there but I was surprised to hear how good it sounded with the gain backed off. There are a LOT of different sounds in there at various gain ranges and tone sweeps. It can sustain for days and with the tone knob turned right to darken it up, it can in fact do the EJ thing with ease. I found a couple of sweet spots in it during the short amount of time I got to play it. The gain knob is wired in reverse. I was liking it anywhere between noon and cranked and the tone knob anywhere between 2:00 and cranked. I know this doesn't mean much in writing but hopefully a video or two can help demonstrate this. All in all, it is much more versatile than I was expecting it to be. Sean has given us a real treat with this one especially at this price point. :AOK