1. The target date for the upgrade is August 11, 2020. We expect a few hours of downtime during that process. We will post on Twitter and Facebook to keep everyone updated on the progress.
    Dismiss Notice

Lovepedal Amp 11

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by David-R, Oct 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ramblin390

Ramblin390 Member

I'd say thats being dumped, If buy a pedal , then sell it, its because I don't like it, I'm not so small time to spend all the effort to make a few bucks. I just mentioned the sales, not that if the pedal is good or not. I don't see a bunch of flashback delays being re-sold-and they have sold a warehouse full of those.

2. jpagey

jpagey Supporting Member

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/dumped

4. To place (goods or stock, for example) on the market in large quantities and at a low price.
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/dump

3: to sell in quantity at a very low price; specifically : to sell abroad at less than the market price at home

The attempt to claim a few pedals sold for a profit is "dumping" requires a new definition of dump/dumped/dumping. The facts don't support the negative connotation.

3. Ramblin390

Ramblin390 Member

ok, if you're using big works and internet searches, I'll give you the win, I think I'll go plug in since the wife went shopping. Peace....

4. cajone5

cajone5 Some guy Silver Supporting Member

:brick

Wow... really? Nitpicking the definition of words? Haven't we had enough of that with the whole "meaning of 'clone'" discussion in the now locked thread? ...

I think the context he used the word in gave it all the meaning it needed. And I tend to agree with what he originally said. I doubt they're all being flipped for a profit of $20+/-. I'd imagine it's from folks who tried them and realized they weren't a good fit. Use whatever term you'd like to describe it.

That said, I don't think this means they're good/bad/or whatever else. They can't work for everyone so yea, some are getting "dumped".

5. RickB

RickB Member

This! ^

I am constantly trying to convince the wife to go out and shop. Isn't easy! :)

6. coldfingaz

coldfingaz Member

You are perhaps the most defensive person on this entire forum (or do you just come across this way in Lovepedal threads?).

Anyways, congratulations! :drown

7. Toe

Toe Member

Try giving her money. ;)

8. RickB

RickB Member

I have! I do! Something about being exhausted from chasing around our 2.5 year old! I dunno. I wasn't really listening. :)

9. _jt_

_jt_ Member

Did yours come with any papers??? I had to go pick mine up at the post office for some reason. It was mailed in an floppy, unpadded, tyvex envelope which was completely ripped open. The USPS guy was holding the lovepedal box in his hand and put it back in the opened envelope before handing it to me.

I opened it on the spot to make sure it wasn't damaged. The only thing in the lovepedal box was the pedal. Nothing else was there. Pretty lazy packing, frankly. As much as I wanted to hate on the USPS for it, I was impressed with them because I still got it on time with the box loose outside of the envelope.

10. fieldsroyal

fieldsroyal Member

I think that's a generic Lovepedal sheet - not just included in the Amp 11 boxes - says something about the derivative nature of all their products - which is fine but doesn't marry up with the self-proclaimed "circuit guru" claims

11. Solideogloria

Solideogloria Member

I got to finally try it out tonight.... And I wasn't very impressed. I was expecting something more warm? This does sound a LOT like the TIM. Slightly thicker than the TIM but it is very similar... I'm disappointed, I don't think I need this pedal, I have no use for it.

12. Grant Ferstat

Grant Ferstat Some guy in obscure bands in a far away place...

Never said it was the main factor Ben, only that it was another factor. I'd agree the pot taper and different range of adjustment is probably the main factor.

Using an LM1458 in my Timmys instead of a 4559 does make a worthwhile & noticeable difference to me though as does running them in my preferred asymmetrical mode.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
  13. Hugo Da Rosa

Hugo Da Rosa Silver Supporting Member

The pedal is back on Sean's members only page, if anyone is still interested. Still at the introductory offer, but apparently at an even more limited supply.

14. MegaMang

MegaMang Member

Applying logic, since they're the only two differences in the overdrive circuit, why wouldn't you say they're the "main" factors?

I think I know which forum you're talking about. They like taking things apart, yeah?
    Is the forum REALLY forbidden to mention here?

15. rewog

rewog Member

Try posting the name.. your post will be automatically censored.
    TGP knows better than you what you should be viewing.. :tapedshut

Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
  16. fazen

fazen Member

It's not what you should be viewing. It's what is discussed on their forum.
    This is out of respect for the pedal builders on the forum.

17. rewog

rewog Member

OK.. thanks for that.

Any other areas of my life you'd like to tell me what I should be doing or reading ?
    :jo

18. circusinthesky

circusinthesky Member

Not being a pedal builder, I do not understand why discussing technical details of a pedal is disrespectful to the builder. Do builders not visit that forum? Can you explain?

19. MegaMang

MegaMang Member

Just like I can't speak for fazen, the builders that don't mind posting on F... er, Forbiden Forum can't speak for the ones that do mind the place.

I find it kind of funny how it's okay for boutiquers to take from the DIYers, which they do often, but apparently the DIYers shouldn't have a peek at what the boutiquers are doing. Because there are just as many DIYers who have a problem with boutiquers lifting their ideas as vice versa. Just a funny situation, and one I try not to get emotional about since there's nothing you can do about it on either side.

20. rewog

rewog Member

Exactly MegaMang..
    not to mention Boutiquers taking from other Boutiquers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.