1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lovepedal Balance has landed

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by gitpicker, Mar 13, 2006.

1. gitpicker

gitpicker Silver Supporting Member

I just recieved my new Lovepedal Balance today in the mail so I thought I would post a few intitial thoughts:

This pedal is a cameleon - it exhibits characteristics of both an OD and a fuzz - leaning more toward the OD side of the equation. At lower settings, it functions very well as a fat boost. Around 12:00-1:00 you start getting into some hair, after 3:00 the tone begins to take on fuzz-like characteristics. This pedal is very interactive with the volume knob on your guitar - it cleans up very well. Like the COT, as you dial the guitar volume back not only does the tone clean up, but it also becomes brighter and less compressed sounding although, overall, this pedal is a little less bright than the COT). Running this pedal into the Eternity (with the E's gain dialed all the way down) is pure heaven, plus the tone control on the E comes into play, allowing even more control. Sean describes this pedal as a "200 lb COT", which is a better description than I could come up with. If you dig the COT, you will love the Balance. All and all, this pedal is a winner!

bloomz likes this.
  2. GAT

GAT Gold Supporting Member

I have both too. I use the COT for humbucker leads and the Balance for Strat leads. Seems the Balance has a bit more mids and a bit less highs. I love both. Also have a Karl for the over the top stuff. Running them into a Plexi with both volumes on 7. Very fat and articulate.

3. seanc

seanc Member

yeah i got my eternity and my balance last week. i love the balance after the eternity as a clean boost. the eternity is the best pedal yet to sleep on my pedal board. i dont use the balance for fuzz (i know it has that function) however i use my magic boy fuzz for that purpose.

plus that gloss silver looks dang cool!

4. JackButler

JackButler Supporting Member

So, less gain than a COT?

5. rewog

rewog Member

Sean - would you say your Balance is the same as my older version ?
    Greg

6. seanc

seanc Member

Hey Greg,

well man its tough. i think yours hit the fuzz alot better then this one. your fuzz was so thick. nice a crisp for hendrix and could pull metal if i wanted. this one is far better as a clean boost and a bit of a grit boost but lacks on the fuzz. well not as good as the fuzz on yours. they sort of even out if you know what i mean. plus yours has the cool graphics and mojo that mine hasnt. hahaha!!! we will a/b them when we get together next man.

S.

7. JKoeth

JKoeth Supporting Member

Sean's BBB is a killer and versatile fuzz. Mine is the best one I've ever played or heard. I've had some changes lately that unfortunately may force me let some of my best gear go. I hope I can hold onto it. We'll see.:(

Anyway, Sean is a great guy and has very good ears. His BBB is my favorite Lovepedal.

8. gitpicker

JackButler quote:
    "So, less gain than a COT?"

Nah, just the opposite. The COT is a little brighter but definitely has less gain. The Balance is like a COT on steroids - more gain, more mids, slightly more compressed. The Balance falls in between the COT and Eternity as far as gain, but both the COT and Balance clean up really well - very interactive with the guitar volume knob. All three of these pedals work really well together, and combining them opens up even more possibilities! I can't wait for my Dragon to show up this week, just to see how it fits in the mix. Honestly, I don't know how long it will take just to explore all the different possibilities, but I am sure it will be awhile. Even Sean's one knob pedals are far from being one-trick ponies.

9. gitpicker

Jujo wrote:
    "How did you get hold of Sean?"

Here is the link to his email:

KIMSUZZE@aol.com

10. jpagey

jpagey Member

I just got a used Balance form TGP Emporium. What a smoking pedal with humbuckers (McCarty)...I didn't have time top try it with my. I tried it with a few other LP's I have here that I think sound better with humbuckers and kepy coming back tot he Balance. I set the knob anywhere from 10-2 o'clock and it just sounded like my amp turned up--loud. Fat, nice amount of grit, dirt and sustain and still maintained the warmth and sweetness of the McCarty. This pedal should get more attention...the cheapest in the LP line, right?

11. JackButler

The one knob Balance is amazing!

12. utterhack

utterhack Member

+1

Why does the COT get all the love :confused:

13. JackButler

I think a dual box with a Balance and COT would be awesome, best of both worlds!