Lovepedal BBB07 versus Morph Pedals

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by dewman, Jul 22, 2008.

1. dewman

dewman Gold Supporting Member

So both are Si/Ge hybrid fuzzes. I've owned the Morph and regretfully sold it in favor of the 200lbs. I wanted to know how the BBB compares to the Morph. Anyone care to elaborate?

PS the amp will be a non MV Marshall type amp, strat and Les Paul are the guitars...

2. gregory49

gregory49 Member

BBB07 isn't hybrid . Nothing Si sounding about the BBB07. Straight up germanium man! AND it also sound great with both Les Pauls and Strats!

3. dewman

I thought the BBB was a hybrid...maybe the BBB07 is germanium? Or are they all germanium?

4. todd richman

todd richman Senior Member

I remember the 07 being a hybrid while the older BBB which I think Destroy All Guitars now has a a special edition is all Ge.

5. imjustadrummer

imjustadrummer Member

I own the BBB'07 and I've heard the Morph online...

the BBB'07 is similar to the Morph with more gain?!? and more overall flexibility in the tone dept.

BBB07 seems to go in the direction of Fuzz face sounds with Ge overtones
    It will also do overdrive type tones or treble boost reasonably well. Cleans up lightning fast. Sounds awesome. I'm not selling!

6. gravy

gravy Member

i have both. BBB07 is definitely deeper-can tweak to a warm boost, OD, treble boost, fuzz face. the morph for me works better in full on SI mode, big knob clockwise. i use the morph on the board for gigs, the BBB07 for recording.

7. dewman

got one on the way, how's the BBB07 LIVE in a band setting?

8. sweetpea

sweetpea Supporting Member

Sounds awesome Dewman. I used it this last Thursday night out and got some nice Hendrix to EJ tones. You are going to love it! Very versatile.

9. jb1911

jb1911 Member

The BBB07 is my favorite fuzz of all time. There's really nothing dirt wise that it can't do.

10. gregory49

gregory49 Member

BBB07 has an OC76. How could that be hybrid? It's NOT.

But Dewman, the BBB07 is my fav fuzz of all time as well, amazing in a live band setting!

11. smogfalls

smogfalls Member

I'm pretty sure it is hybrid. One ge and one si transistor. This has been talked about many times and if I remember correctly, it was the run of BBB'07's from last summer (when I got mine) that are hybrid but the BBB's that came before then weren't hybrid.
    The blend knob goes from Silicon (anticlockwise) to Germanium (fully clockwise) so you can blend the two sounds together.

12. smogfalls

smogfalls Member

13. dewman

well regardless of hybrid or pure Ge trannies, I am looking forward to messing around with this pedal. I like how Sean and also Zack Vex give a lot of volume in their fuzz pedals, helps them cut through. My sunface has to be maxed to cut through, or I do the trick where you run a beano after the fuzz. Cuts through then!

14. gregory49

gregory49 Member

Smog, open up your BBB07 and look at what it says inside. The big metal transistor that was OC76 is the same kind of GE transistor that was used in some old treble booster. If I'm not mistakin the blend knob controls the actual temp thats going to the tranny. So it changes not only the gain but how each individual string racts in the middle it sounds like an overdrive/dist while the setting to the left is pure treble/clean boost. the full right setting is GE Fuzz Face.. This is how this pedal works Sorry to derail again Dewman , BUT THIS PEDAL CAN NOT DO Si FUZZ!

15. smogfalls

smogfalls Member

I have opened it up to look inside (had to perform a minor solder repair). Anyway, I'm still not entirely sure, I was just quoting what Sean had said to somebody. Whatever it is, it surely rocks my socks :dude

16. cuz/karl

cuz/karl Supporting Member

17. amphead777

amphead777 Member

Yup, mine has the OC 76 and a silicon

18. dewman

well Ge/Si or whatever, mine arrives in a few days. I am really looking forward to something that can do fuzz and rangemaster tones, two of my favorite pedals!

19. cuz/karl

cuz/karl Supporting Member

I've one of these for some time.I love it,its the only fuzz on my board right now & I have about 9.
    The SI is just there to stabalize the fuzz ,it is GE in tone.
    The Morph actualy does SI & GE tones.

20. gregory49

gregory49 Member

what kind of silicon? mine never had it. Mine just had the oc76.

it really is killer dewman! Never sell it. I regret it so much. I'm ordering a Germanium and an "hybrid" when i get the coin.. lol sorry guys i've just never seen a Si tranny in one before. now i got mine from Cliff with DAG so that could be different, his had just the single oc76 as well.