Lovepedal BBB11 and BBB7 silicon both very low output. How about yours?

Guppie

I had to dime the BBB11 and it didn't even make it to unity. The Silicon fuzz master has slightly more output but just a hair over unity. What gives!?

They both sound great but I really miss some power.

ciclosonico

I ended up selling my Gold Dragon and an old Kanji weird pedal for the same reason.
I got scared to buy other LP fuzz pedals since then.

ciclosonico

Mine were brand new.
Funny, I still find a few old comments of mine under YT videos or forum 3d, asking about the output level.... I was terrorized LOL :D
I remember they both had an internal trimmer, I messed up with it but it didn't solve the lack of output volume, so I gave up and sold them. I can love or hate the tone, but I can't waiste my time on volume problems, in this Pedal Age full of great products.

Last edited:

Guppie

I have mine setup after an "always on" clean boost. Maybe I will put it in front of of the clean boost and see how that works out. But that is not how I want to use the pedal.

GeorgeNada

Do you have the gain cranked up pretty high? On most of those old style fuzz pedals the gain and volume are very interactive.

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
You might post this on the Lovepedal mega thread. Also worth posting your effects chain and how you're powering it all.

Guppie

If it's Germanium?
Try it first in line.
Ask @MAGICboy
It's a SILICON Fuzz Master ;).

Do you have the gain cranked up pretty high? On most of those old style fuzz pedals the gain and volume are very interactive.
You might post this on the Lovepedal mega thread. Also worth posting your effects chain and how you're powering it all.
So I gather you don't have an output "issue" on your pedals? At the moment it's first in line and it's powered by a Carl Martin Pro power and I've tried a battery. It didn't change anything. I get slightly more output when backing off the gain but it's barely enough.

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
No, I don't seem to have that problem, although I don't have the BBB11 OR the Fuzzmaster. I do have the Kanji, which doesn't seem to have that problem and a BBB17 which doesn't either. I was just wondering if there were an impedance problem between that and the next pedal in line-at least some of Sean's designs don't have an output buffer (the Eternity for example, like the OCD) and the next pedal can cause all sorts of problems if it has a low input impedance.

Guppie

No, I don't seem to have that problem, although I don't have the BBB11 OR the Fuzzmaster. I do have the Kanji, which doesn't seem to have that problem and a BBB17 which doesn't either. I was just wondering if there were an impedance problem between that and the next pedal in line-at least some of Sean's designs don't have an output buffer (the Eternity for example, like the OCD) and the next pedal can cause all sorts of problems if it has a low input impedance.
Thanks, i will give that a try.

Guppie

I was just wondering if there were an impedance problem between that and the next pedal in line-at least some of Sean's designs don't have an output buffer (the Eternity for example, like the OCD) and the next pedal can cause all sorts of problems if it has a low input impedance.
Well, I tried it and it didn't matter. I plugged it in as standalone and output was the same. Just enough volume to work but I really would like to have some more range. The Silicon Fuzz Master is an awesome sounding pedal in every other way.

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
Sorry to hear that. I wonder if the bias is set wrong? I'd definitely head over to the Lovepedal thread, they know a lot more about this than I do!

Trending Topics