Lovepedal Believe

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by muddy, Apr 7, 2008.

1. muddy

muddy Member

i FINALLY got one of these this weekend (thanx jivebaby!), and god-DAY-um!!! it's definitely got some warm grease goin' on under the hood! it has one really obvious need; a vol pot (transparent!) on the output, really more for lowering than raising it. otherwise i'm really happy with this thing. it's even better than i imagined. i'm really glad i held out, & didn't buy a green ringer clone to save $; wouldn't have cured my curiosity anyway. it's incredibly dynamic (sounds awesome BEFORE a wah), & to DIE for running it into a dirt roy. i have an idea for an additional circuit that would make it un-bloody-touchable, though, something that has NOTHING to do with changing (or adding to) it's tone...

ml

2. gregory49

gregory49 Member

I have one to. I love it.

3. muddy

muddy Member

believe > wah (onANDoff) > dirt roy-ch.1 > flanger hoax... YA-WHO-O-O-O-O-O-O!!

ML

4. gregory49

gregory49 Member

5. muddy

muddy Member

here's mine:

[​IMG]

ml

6. flyingvees

flyingvees Member

For me the best part about the OP is playing in lower registers like f...Kind of gives me a synth quality and you can really drain so exciting notes from it. Only one I ever had that works well below the 12th fret.

7. gregory49

gregory49 Member

mine works fine for my tastes. It works better with my new London Fuzz though :D

8. muddy

muddy Member

the everman oct-x is still the king as far as octavia types go. hands down! the octron is another one to consider. but the believe has the best feel. it's got the magic.

ml

9. Dexter.Sinister

Dexter.Sinister Still breathing Gold Supporting Member

My Believe has pot. Pedal is baby blue colour. Very nice pedal! One of favorites.

DS

10. teleus52

teleus52 Member

I've just ordered a Lovepedal Believe from Sean yesterday... very febrile! I already got a Burst Eternity and a COT50 and don't hesitate a second to go with Lovepedal again for my clean octave need! So what is your recommandation for the best position in my chain: before or after my wha? I know that it's best before overdrive-distortion.

There are my pedals on the board:

Korg Pitchblack tuner - Teese Picture Wha - Lovepedal Believe (on order) - Sweetsound Mojo Vibe - Sweetsound Fillmore West Fuzz - Lovepedal COT50 - Lovepedal Burst Eternity - Skreddypedals Top Fuel - Retro-Sonic Phaser - Analog.man mini chorus - Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay - MI Audio Boost n Buff - DRRI (with 2 Weber 12" speakers / homemade cab)

Tanks a lot for your comments,

11. teleus52

teleus52 Member

IS IT A RECENT NEW MODEL? OR MOD... Do you have a picture?

Tanks,

12. muddy

muddy Member

beefour the wah.

ml

13. Jumblefingers

Jumblefingers Supporting Member

Were the jacks on yours moved to the top too? If yes that was mine at one time and I did the mods. Added a passive volume pot to tame the boost and moved the jacks to the top end do they did not stick up. Sorry I sold the the thing!

14. Perry D.

Perry D. Supporting Member

Yes, details on the volume pot mod please. :)

15. Dexter.Sinister

Dexter.Sinister Still breathing Gold Supporting Member

My Believe has jacks on left and right, pot on top, no DC jack, Baby blue colour. Does not appear modded. I do not have a picture, but I will take one some time.

Cool pedal.

DS