lovepedal cot

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by bojo, Apr 6, 2008.

1. bojo

bojo Member

i have some questions about the lovepedal cot.

there's a version of it without a volume knob and i'm wondering if it may be a concern for me cause i plan on using it on a board with other distortion pedal and i'm wondering if anybody who had try it has find it a problem? i mean, i don't want to add a pedal to my chain who's gonna be louder or that's not gonna be balanced with the rest of the chain and for which there is no volume adjustment possible.

also, how well does it works with other dirt pedals? does it stack well with other dirt pedals without adding too much noise and compression? this is mostly how i'm planning to use it, first in chain to add some gain to other pedals and of course i'm gonna use it alone to get a smooth and dynamic overdrive.

toughts and comments are welcome :)

2. Jumblefingers

Jumblefingers Supporting Member

The standard version has a fairly significant volume boost that cannot be truned down unless you have the tools to drill and solder in which case you can add a 100k pot between the output of the board and the footswitch as a passive attenuator/volume cut which is what is on a COT Gold. I have done this and it works great.

Otherwise expect the volume boost. As for tone and response it is among the best and most responsive pedals I have tried and adds a high end presence a bit like a treble booster along with the dirt. A great box!

3. slopeshoulder

slopeshoulder Senior Member

If you put it before another pedal, the output of the later pedal will control it. Otherwise, it's much louder.

4. shahry

shahry Member

It will be much louder unless you play with the amp already breaking up.

If you play on a clean channel a lot and do mind the vol boost, get the COT50 gold that comes with a vol control.

5. bojo

bojo Member

yeah i guess the gold would be the way to go...

6. slopeshoulder

slopeshoulder Senior Member

I read here at TGP a recent comment that said that the Gold sounded a bit different? Not sure, check it out.

7. Andre357

Andre357 Member

I own both - they both sound great - It took me a while but I'm now able to dial the Cot gold to sound just like the Cot 50 if wanted......and the volume knob really comes in handy at certain gigs where I really need to keep my volume in check.

If there is a difference it is extremely subtle, you will not hear a difference in a live gigging situation.

It's one of my favorite OD pedals - I use it for crunchy rythmns, and for stacking with my eternity for extra oomph...

Turn your volume down on the guitar and you get great "hairy " cleans....