Lovepedal COT50 Blue? What is it?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by teddy boy, Jan 9, 2006.

1. teddy boy

teddy boy Member

Gents,

Just checked out the Lovepedal site. It seems Sean has put out a few new products. One is COT50 Blue. The price is nice and attractive, 50$ less than the normal COT price. Is the pedal the same though? Anybody have a clue?

He's also got a Delux 60 clean boost/buffer out, which at 99$ seems like a bargain...

If the COT50 Blue is the same as the normal COT50, I'm glad he's dropped the price a bit. Make my decission making a lot easier...

2. rewog

rewog Member

The COT Blue has a blue LED, and I think Sean says it has a little more Bass and a little less gain than the Red LED model.

3. T-bone

T-bone Member

I asked Sean and he said it sounds smoother, rounder, warmer, with less clipping at the top compaired to the regular COT.

I ordered one:D

4. ToneRanger

ToneRanger Member

Aargh!!! The GAS!! I've already got a COT50, with the new box and painting and all, but with a red LED. I used to have an older COT, with the sunburst finish, but I lost that one in a fire.

I think the newer version (with the folded chassis and the paintjob) with the red LED sounds better than the older one, it has less bass cut but is still real woody like the older one.

The blue LED version sure sounds interesting! The red LED version has bit of bass cut but nothing that annoys me, it's just part of the way the pedal sounds (and it sounds great).

I have an Eternity on order, I'll see how that works out. If I don't like the E maybe I should just order another COT, the BLUE version...

5. seanc

seanc Member

i might have to have a look at that delux 60 and COT50. they look nice. how long do you usually wait for those ones?

6. ToneRanger

ToneRanger Member

I'm sure they'll make a killer combo! I've heard so many good things about the 60 boost I'd like to try one myself as well but I've got a Catalinbread Super Chili Picoso coming in as we speak...

I ordered my COT directly from Sean in November 2005 and got it in 1½ weeks shipped to Finland so that's quite fast. Now I've got an Eternity on order from MusicToyz and that's takin nearly a month, so it just depends on what you're getting I guess..

7. EXP

EXP Member

i have an old blue Led one, liked it so much with my BF Fender i ordered another one this weekend.:D

it is cleaner sounding, smooth, less gain, clearer, and not too bright through fender amps. i like it alot for the clean Jimi tones

8. gkelm

gkelm Supporting Member

...and a bit more bass? Sounds like a winner. I tried two of the older COTs and while I liked the character of the tone, they were just too bright for me.
    Greg

9. teddy boy

teddy boy Member

Oh bugger,

Sounds fantastic! Might have to get one. Although I do dig the amount of gain available on the red LED COT50 for that fuzzy Jimi tone. I'l have to give it some thought...

10. gkelm

gkelm Supporting Member

You guys sold me...ordered a Blue. :)

11. jpagey

jpagey Member

I love the CoT Blue, I feel it is more evenly balanced (and for sure less gain) than the CoT Red, which I feel tilts slightly towards treble--especially at lower gain spots on the bias knob. I also slightly prefer the Blue with humbuckers. I have both CoT's, you can't go wrong with either one.

12. Phil M

Phil M Supporting Member

Is it much different than the unpainted ones he made this past summer? I have one of those (with a blue LED no less!) and it is definitely warmer than the Musictoyz version I had in 2004.

13. slowburn

slowburn Supporting Member

pfreagin enablers... must focus on credit card balance... cannot... mustnot... order another lovepedal...

14. EXP

EXP Member

$150 for a Limited Time Offer! :D

15. teddy boy

teddy boy Member

Aaargh! *doubles up in pain*

What should I do? Get one? Works well with humbuckers eh? I know I won't sleep tonight!

16. cameron

cameron Member

I just succumbed as well. This site is a hazard.

17. MarkWorth

MarkWorth Member

i think i just bought both :(

18. MarkWorth

MarkWorth Member

19. marrelero

marrelero Member

Is there a DC-jack on this smaller version, and how much gain comparable to for instance a Keeley BD-2?

Anyone, plz?

20. Ned

Ned Member

i just pulled the trigger on the COT50 Blue deal...this thread just sealed the deal for me...seems like a great fit for i already have the raw and powerful FAB50 and now ill have a smooth COT for some variation :) ahh now back to work so i can afford all this GAS