Lovepedal Dragon?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by JKoeth, Mar 9, 2006.

1. JKoeth

JKoeth Supporting Member

Will someone chime in and let us know about this new creation of Sean's?

I'd like to hear about the differneces between this and the 3 knob Balance. Oh, Sean.....?

2. SkatePunk

SkatePunk Member

Earlier today in this thread, Sean described the differences as:

3. gitpicker

gitpicker Member

Starting... to feel.. somewhat bloated... pressure rising... madness ensuing...could it be?!?!?... NO!!!!... surely not!!?!.... oh no.... oh no.... PLEASE GOD NO!!!!!!!!!!.... its another GAS attack!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll be sleeping on a park bench, my children will disown me, my wife will... well now she won't!!!! Oh why do I do this??? Why can't I stop...why...why... WHY????!?!?!

Clicking on the "PAY NOW" button - I... am.... lost......

I hope this pedal rocks as much as my other Lovepedals!

4. jpagey

jpagey Member

My guess is it is similar to a BBB. Sean played one for me over the phone...so I bought one last night from his site.

5. Phil M

Phil M Supporting Member

I'm looking at this...is it a fuzz? I never heard a BBB.

6. JackButler

JackButler Supporting Member

I have a Dragon and it is really cool! Versatile galore, that's one thing I really like about Sean's pedals, so many "usable" tones! Ya know how lots of pedlas only have "that one good tone" and a few alrights, well every darn Lovepedal I have gets me lots of beautiful tones. Problem is, where do I dial each one in at! His pedals continue to blow me away!
    I have not tried the BBB, I believ every word Sean says about his pedals and how they sound, his explanations nail it to my ears every time. The Dragon can be a straight rocker or set for a nice fatty fuzz breakup which I use for things like Red House, back gtr colume down and turn it up for leads, nails it for me.

7. Phil M

Phil M Supporting Member

What are the 3 controls--vol, gain and tone?

Cleans up well with guitar's volume knob?

Can it do flat out fuzz (not distortion)? I'm thinking of pedals like the Sunface, etc. I do realize that it's a hybrid and not a pure germ. fuzz like the Sunface.

8. jpagey

jpagey Member

9. RickB

RickB Member

Is it battery operation only?

10. Phil M

Phil M Supporting Member

I think it is. No LED and no power jack. I will find out soon because I am weak and just got a bonus; I had to order one. Sounds very intriguing and versatile. I am going to ask him about an LED.

11. Realfi

Realfi trying to re-MEMBER Silver Supporting Member

I'm eBaying a KOT....I was born in the year of the Dragon....I haven't had a pedal with fuzz capability for a long time....hmmmm

12. basscracker

basscracker Guest

great pedal,got one offf ebay awhile ago.to me it seems brighter than the BBB i have.

13. mustangman

mustangman Member

wow that pedal looks pretty good. can anyone tell me what sounds they get out of it, like what other pedals/amps can it sound like???

14. ToneRanger

ToneRanger Member

Man I wish I had the money to buy a fuzz from Sean..

The Dragon looks superb, the only thing that troubles me is the placement of the third knob which is very very close to the footswitch. I've had a lots of headaches concerning hitting pedals accidentally and changing the settings..

15. JackButler

JackButler Supporting Member

regarding the closeness of the swotch, I htought the same hting,b ut nope, no problems for me at all. The knob is lower, so I dount it would ever come into play.