Lovepedal dragon

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by drezdin, Mar 13, 2006.

1. drezdin

drezdin Member

Does anyone know how much the lovepedal dragon cost. It's already gone from the site.

2. cuz/karl

cuz/karl Supporting Member

The Dragon is a veriant of the BBB.It is custom order only as are all BBB'S.
    Go to the site & click on the kARL.You will find the BBB info there.

3. rewog

rewog Member

The Dragon's were listed on the site for a short time at $150-00.

4. teddy boy

teddy boy Member

Gone already huh? Guess Sean was short on parts or something? Or then he had too many orders.

5. dividedsky

dividedsky Member

Check out the Dragon thread on HCFX for hilarity/drama.

6. teddy boy

teddy boy Member

That was a good read. Zeus!

7. drezdin

drezdin Member

8. cbpickin

cbpickin Tweed Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

That HC thread is something else! Man, I was going to click "order now" on the Lovepedal site Friday for the Dragon, but I was able to get an Eternity from Musictoyz instead. I figured I could get the Dragon later, but I have been really GAS'n for an E and when one was available I jumped on it. Now, I'm wondering if the $150 price for the Dragon was only a ltd. time offer and if it will be higher if/when more are available.
    Oh well, I'll have the Eternity this Friday and I have a TIM I should be seeing in the next couple of weeks, so I'll just go play for a while.

9. cbpickin

cbpickin Tweed Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

Doh! I was about to click BIN until I looked at the end dates.

10. SkatePunk

SkatePunk Member

My Dragon just arrived today. It'll be a while before I'll really be able to see what this thing can do. I can tell you that it looks nice.

11. Phil M

Phil M Member

I have one on the way. It sounds intriguing. Can a pedal REALLY morph between Rangesmaster, MK II and Fuzz Face sounds simply by turning knobs? I hope so.

12. ToneRanger

ToneRanger Member

The Lovepedal GAS is hitting me again. I'd really love to get a Dragon, BBB and an old-school balance. Lovepedal stuff just blows me away every time, I keep on digging my COT50 and Eternity, both just wonderful pedals, they never fail me!

13. jpagey

jpagey Member

I just got mine. Quick impression: smoking pedal! If you like the CoT 50 Red, you should like this as well. The pedal likes an amp that is breaking up a bit. A variation on the Rangemaster and distortion/MK II tones are so far my favorite, with the filter and drive knobs in between the extremes of the 2 settings suggested by the settings page included with the pedal. There is more bass than a CoT, so this would go nicely with a CoT. I haven't tried stacking it with an Eternity or CoT--but I have a feeling the warm smooth od/boost setting and those pedals will sound killer. The FF setting has plenty of gain and hair and turning down my volume kniob gave me some cool warmer cleaner tones. I did NOT do a head to head with my CoT yet, but I am darn sure there is more gain than a CoT set to 5 o'clock.

I used my custom rosewood board, ash bodied strat, Barden pickups and Songworks amp set on verge of breakup into the matching 1 x 12 cab. ymmv.

14. Phil M

Phil M Member

Thanks for the report back. When did you order yours, jpagey?

15. jpagey

jpagey Member

I can't remember (we have a new baby on the way, any moment, so it has been hectic--last week?). Playing the pedal some more, I realize it has WAY more gain than a CoT--and it can be set louder. The low gain tones are just as cool--warm and fat, even with the filter set near 9 o'clock. Like most of Sean's pedals, the pedal cleans up nicely when I roll my volume back.

I know it is cliched, but Sean's pedals really do sound natural and like an extension of the amp--rather than a ss pedal stuck between the guitar and amp. I guess that's why I have bought so many of Sean's pedals!

16. MrMunky

MrMunky Silver Supporting Member

17. aquadog

aquadog Member

I've only had about ten minutes with it so far, but it is definatley a cool one. I guess its aobut time to give the lovepedal tone report I promised sean.
    I got this dragon, balance, and the karl.
    Might as well do a big one and include the vibe, cot50, twin60 as well

18. Phil M

Phil M Member

Man, that was quick. I just ordered it on Friday and it came yesterday. I was at rehearsal though so I am just seeing the box now. Should I open it?

19. rwe333

rwe333 Supporting Member

Well - as expected - it's an amazing pedal. I'm only had a few minutes w/ it at low volume, but it does as advertised and more. Sean's so freakin' brilliant. Man... More soon.