Lovepedal Eternity-- just got one

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Caribou, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Caribou

Caribou Silver Supporting Member

I just bought one of the new black smd E's and have to say it kills. Yeah it's not cheap, but I'm likin' it much more than the other od's on my board already. I'm still working on dialing in the sounds I'm after-- going 335 into an Evil Twin. I'm not as crazy about the sound with the drive level really high (needs tweaking), but I can get a really excellent, woody od tone with just the right amount of bite if the drive level is moderate. It's got such a sweet voice! I can't wait to try it in a group setting.

The one thing I couldn't appreciate from watching all of the demo videos on the net was how this thing feels. It's probably the best feeling od I've used (though the OCD is right up there for me as well). I can't compare it to the myriad ptp E's out there since I haven't played one, but this is the second smd E I've used and I think it's fantastic. Too bad my wife isn't as happy as I am ("Youre' buying another one of those pedals?!"). I'm pretty sure my neighbors hate it too. Oh well! Thanks TGP! :AOK

2. Geetar_Will

Geetar_Will Supporting Member

3. ManCas

ManCas Member

Yeah, I got a burst E from a fellow TGP'er and I am AMAZED! it's exactly what I was looking for, I'm using it more like a boost (gain at 8-10 o' clock), like one would use a Tubescreamer and I cannot get one bad sound out of it. Congrats on yours!.

Cheers!

4. Lt_Core

Lt_Core Supporting Member

I'm assuming the OCD has more gain than the Eternity? I just traded an OCD + cash for something else but want to buy another one. Makes me think about an Eternity.

5. Flying Panda

Flying Panda Member

For sure. Like the previous poster said, I use my E like a TS, as a slightly gritty yet woody boost. I love my OCD too, but it's a step up in gain and what I turn to for medium grind.

6. aberrant

aberrant Member

The eternity is awesome....

Did any body see the special edition Orange Eternities new, and possibly grabbed one...?

Sold on Ebay

7. Geetar_Will

Geetar_Will Supporting Member

8. Caribou

Caribou Silver Supporting Member

Though it's new to me, I can see using the E in the same way. The adjective "woody" makes so much sense to me now. The OCD gives me a different and more intense kind of grind at higher levels of gain with more on bottom. I could very easily cover all of my od needs on a gig with these two boxes, adding a Crunchbox if I needed serious distortion. :dude

9. Flying Panda

Flying Panda Member

Which is my setup exactly. :AOK

But I had to have a fuzz, too.:dude