Lovepedal Eternity waiting in the post office!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by ToneRanger, Feb 3, 2006.

1. ToneRanger

ToneRanger Member

WO-HOOO!! It's here.. Just got the message from my girlfriend yesterday that the post boy had left a note for me to pick up a package from Mr. Sean Michael.. I work in another town at the moment, but today I'm heading home again and guess what's the first thing I'm gonna do? I'll be able to plug it in tomorrow morning, so today's dedicated for drooling.

This is the one:

www.lovepedal.com/withlove.jpg

I'm in pedal heaven.. Last Friday I got the EGDM and now Eternity.. Then it's just the Timmy and I'm done for a while.

You can be sure that I'll report back, don't worry ;)

2. webb

webb Member

I'm sure you will enjoy it. It's a great sounding overdrive. Yours is beautiful.
    cheers

3. ToneRanger

ToneRanger Member

Thanks webb.. I sure hope it lives up to all the hype.. Though I'm not worried at all 'cause I have the COT 50 and based on that Sean is brilliant.

4. webb

webb Member

Personally, It has lived up to the hype and then some. I hope it does for you.

5. ToneRanger

ToneRanger Member

Actually I feel pretty confident about it.. The BJF EGDM that I just got week ago really lived up to the hype and the COT50 is probably my favourite pedal.. Man I cant wait to be done with work and head back home to pick it up.

6. rawkguitarist

rawkguitarist Member

Awsome!!!

I think that since your's has the asian symbol on it, means it's extra kick ass.

Look forward to the report. Little FYI... at first it my just sound like a "great" OD, maybe not blow you away, but still great... Wait till you put it to work with other pedals, use it as a treble boost, as a low (real low) gain OD, high gain "one-pedal-gigger", and the list goes on for it's many applications. It is by far my favorite pedal. Again, it's the only pedal I own two of.

7. sanhozay

sanhozay klon free since 2009

The Eternity is a tube amplifier disguised as a pedal. Too much love.

8. newstrat60

newstrat60 Member

is the E quiet when "on" but not playing ? i've read it can be noisy...

9. Phil M

Phil M Supporting Member

Fo you guys that use both an Eternity and a COT50 at the same time, do you like to run the Eternity into the COT (like running an OD into an amp), or do you prefer to boost the Eternity with the COT?

10. gtrguy17

gtrguy17 Member

COT into Eternity. That's the special goodness.

11. lv

lv Supporting Member

one of the best 'feeling' pedals i've played lately. awesome squish. great tone too, some would consider a full out distortion.

12. Spellbound

Spellbound Member

careful with the Eternity mines just blew up my koch 50 watt combo ! :Spank

13. ChazMania

ChazMania Silver Supporting Member

I run my Eternity into Timmy, I love them both. I have the COT50 on order. The EGDM didn't work well in my setup, but I heard it on another amp and it was fantastic. I like the rich, creamy, milkshake type od coming from the Eternity.

14. ToneRanger

ToneRanger Member

Ok, first of all, thanks for all the GAS talk.. I'm planning to go COT->Eternity since I have the COT as my first pedal and it's almost always on, lovely pedal.

I picked up the pedal... I opened the box (customs had opened it earlier, damn! and screwed up the box)... I fell in love. I don't even have to play it ::dude

Well, I'm am gonna play it, but drooling over it has to do for tonight.

The color and paint look really cool. Lovely off-white color and the china stuff is just plain cool, not to mention the knobs... The box is bigger than normal mxr type of box, at least higher.

Ok, here are some pics, not that great quality, but these will have to do.. Better pics would just make you guys more envious I guess ;)

[​IMG]

I took one from the inside as well, as usual for Sean, not that much stuff..

[​IMG]

15. Phil M

Phil M Supporting Member

Can I have it when you're done?

16. jpagey

jpagey Member

Huh?

17. johan

johan Member

I picked up a used one on this board some time ago and recived it today. A year old burst w blue LED. Nice little pedal ;)

18. rhmcfarland

rhmcfarland Member

It isn't a noisy pedal at all.

19. drolling

drolling Member

Just like mine- the Eternity in it's most basic form..no writing of any language - did you get any extra chips? I'm partial to the TLO72ACN.

One of my all-time favorite overdrives, yet w/the stock chip, I had no use for it at all.

Since surviving the transplant, I've been opening every box I own, looking for trim pots, dip switches, socketed op-amps...

20. gitpicker

gitpicker Silver Supporting Member

To ToneRanger - here is something cool to do:

Plug the COT into the Eternity (COT --> Eternity). Run the volume of the Eternity all the way up, and the gain all the way down. Now run the bias knob on the COT all the way down. Turn on both pedals and set the treble knob on the Eternity to taste - just another great flavor at your disposal!

(As if you won't try every possible combination within an hour of getting home!)