Lovepedal Ezekiel ???

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Don Rusk, Nov 7, 2005.

1. Don Rusk

Don Rusk Gold Supporting Member

Anyone have one ??? description sounds like what became the black beauty balance kind of.........:cool:

2. rhmcfarland

rhmcfarland Member

I just got one a couple of weeks ago.
    Mine has 2 Phillips OC76 trannies, and is configured like the BBB with volume, gain, and balance controls, and an internal trimmer.

Great fuzz!

3. muddy

muddy Member

it's a ge version of the bbb and it's gotta be the best fuzz sean has ever made! i don't know why he doesn't list it at his site, though. i think that's a mistake. it's such a good pedal.

ml

4. Don Rusk

Yeah great vintagy fuzz this one has a 'filter' knob tone control I guess......very tasty fuzz

5. rhmcfarland

rhmcfarland Member

Muddy & DonneR,

Does yours use the OC76 or the Raytheons?

Randy

6. jpagey

jpagey Member

Is there an Si version of the BBB? My BBB from October 2004 is a Ge...

7. aquadog

aquadog Member

Another question for you guys- whatd you pay for your ezekials. I've been meaning to give sean an email anyways to tell him how his cot, twin60, and vibe have been working together. The gainster got it right: the twin60 and cot play together like no other, and the vibe is just endless fun.

8. rhmcfarland

rhmcfarland Member

I thought the BBB was a si/ge hybrid.
    The rangemaster-type settings sound thinner than the Ezekiel, which might be from the silicon part of the circuit.

9. muddy

muddy Member

it's (the bbb) a hybrid.

ml

10. MAGICboy

MAGICboy Supporting Member

they are an experiment.. I think I made 10 or so..

Very fussy to get the right mix of GE transistors in q1 and 2

11. Don Rusk

nice experiment ! is this a proto for a coming model or just a lark build ??? will there be anymore?

12. MAGICboy

not sure don.. I'm glad you like it.. its not that hard to build but a major pain in the butt to get sounding the right way.. thats where I'm having troubles with it

those 10 I did were gold but to do them on a consistant basis with those results is scary.. The last one I did looked like this..

[​IMG]

13. zappafrank

zappafrank Member

I was very lucky to snag one of the 4 that I saw Sean selling on Ebay a few months back--mine has a purple/green/blue flakey-rough paint job, no writing---and sounds great through tweed---i've been playing in a straight 50's style blues band lately, so the only effects i've been using live is an outboard reverb tank and a tuner!!---Such a waste, too, 'cause I've got 3 of Sean's pedals, (Ezekiel, Cot50, Vibe) and i wanna use em'!!!---as soon as I can figure out how to incorporate one or 2 of these with a harp based blues band, I'll get back to ya (the Ezekiel should work, if I can slip it in---!)---you effects experts got any tips? I'd like to use a Super Duper somehow, as well! Luckily, the amps sound pretty
    good on their own---but that fuzz is cool!

AC:cool:

14. zappafrank

zappafrank Member

BTW---Sean, would you say that your Twin 60 is similar to a Zvex SuperDuper, or is it a totally different beast?

Just Curious---but as soon as I can justify it, I'm wanting an Eternity REALLy bad!

ac

15. MAGICboy

totally different.. The super duper is ALOT louder and uses a neg feedback controled gain thing.. I would say the SD is more grit and presence to it sound.. The SD is cascaded stages of the SHO that can be used independently or together..

TWIN 60 is a 2 ch MOSFET based circuit preset bias with 2 volume controls instead of neg feedback controlled gain controls like the SD.. TWIN 60 is not cascaded circuits, it is one circuit with 2 channels.. The sound is warmer than a SHO, not as loud, smoother, less presence as well..

16. rhmcfarland

rhmcfarland Member

I've had a little more time to experiment with the Ezekiel, and I have to say that I am more impressed as I go along.

I used a Fulltone '69 for several years, and a Soul-Bender as well.
    I always thought the '69 was a pretty good sounding pedal, but it needed more gain.... I always wished it had another 2 or 3 notches of gain. Decent tones, but not enough balls.

The Ezekiel has A LOT more gain than the '69, and the balance control makes it extremely versatile. Full counterclockwise does the germanium Rangemaster thing incredibly well, and full clockwise makes for a huge germanium Fuzz Face tone. Mine came with a chart that shows FF, Rangemaster, OD and MKII settings, and I have to say that they are all excellent.

Frankly, I bet if Jimi or Jeff had had an Ezekiel back in '69 they would have used it and left the others behind. Its that good. Man, its just too bad.... only 10 were made! Oh well....:D

17. Brick

Brick Member

I missed out on those Ezekiel's as they hit ebay...I always seemed to search just too late or they became available in the middle of the night and were gone by the time I got up.

I think made up for it yesterday when I found this waiting on ebay:

[​IMG]

I'm a big fan of Sean's work

...can't wait..

:dude

18. bullet69

bullet69 Member

so what exactly is the difference between the ezekial and the black beauty balance

19. basscracker

basscracker Guest

BBB GE/SI,EZEKEIL two GE trannies

20. bullet69

bullet69 Member

so are we talking subtle or huge tone difference between BBB and ezekial