Lovepedal for Classic Rock from 70s & 80s ??

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by guitarman1956, Jun 9, 2008.

1. guitarman1956

guitarman1956 Supporting Member

Im ready to pull the trigger on a LOvepedal...I was considering the Eternity. I play through a Fender Twin, so I don't want a mid scooped overdrive. I gig on ZZ Top, Judas Priest, Zeppelin, Bad Company...etc.

Which Lovepedal for me?

Thanks

2. jimfog

jimfog Senior Member

Eternity will do it. I honestly don't use it on my blues gigs, because it feels and sounds so instant "Rock n Roll" when I click it.

With a Twin, mos def find a Roadhouse or handwired Burst version. The others I've tried have tended to be a wee bit thin and bright, IMO.

You'll need a boost of some kind for Priest and heavier sounds, though.

3. Strat58

Strat58 Member

Hi you also can try the Voodoo 1 from Roger Mayer great sixtiies and 70thies rocksound.
    Peace Strat58

4. guitarman1956

guitarman1956 Supporting Member

PLEASE......NO THIN AND BRIGHT...Must have muscle :munch

5. madscientist

madscientist Member

either an eternity or, maybe, a 200lbs of Tone...It's a fuzz, but it can get into the classic rock OD range

6. gang twanger

gang twanger Member

What about the COT50 Gold? Or an FT OCD (as long as your not playing through a Fender Twin w/ a JBL)?
    Maybe a BB Preamp.

7. Clumsy Fingers

Clumsy Fingers Member

I don't use a Twin (but I do use a DR, among other amps), and the BoR fits the bill nicely for 70s era crunch :phones

8. spookyelectric

spookyelectric Supporting Member

Unless his amp is already overdriving at a good click on its own, then the COT50 Gold won't be enough. I know-- I play the same sort of stuff, and just sold the COT50 Gold because it wasn't near enough gain or "rock" enough for my needs.

9. gang twanger

gang twanger Member

I would think that the Eternity would not have enough gain for the early '80's hard rock/metal stuff (isn't that an 808 clone? Maybe the Purple Plexi.

(The weirdest thing just happened. As I was typing in "Purple Plexi", I accidentally held one of the keys down too long, and the link for it appeared on the screen.)

10. amphead777

amphead777 Member

I really think the Woodrow fits the bill. Especially with single coils. Great pedal, and not thin or bright.