Lovepedal Fuzzes and TIMs: White Dragon and 200 lbs.

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jbp, Mar 22, 2008.

1. jbp

jbp Supporting Member

Hey good people-

I need a bit of advice here, as I'm used to getting all the dirt from my amp. But let's just say Lovepedal has converted me. :AOK So...I need some opinions on stacking, FX order and how to get the most of of these boxes.

I just recently got a White Dragon (thanks Josh!) and my 200 lbs came in a few days after it. The WD is my fave so far...Man, what a great box with so many tonal shades. It's a bit rare evidently (all germanium). Sean said he only made about 50 of this variety.
    - My only niggle with the White Dragon is that it picks up various radio stations. Is there any way around this or is it just the nature of the beast? (No pun intended!)

The 200 lb is a totally different animal...brighter, edgier and cleans up amazingly well. More of the smiley faced EQ than the WD. The WD has a more robust, warm and woolly midrange.
    - However, no matter how I set my amp (clean, JTM 45 on the edge, pretty overdriven) I can't even get close to the tones on the website. It's still quite bright...not a round EJ sort of sound at all. Should I futz around with the internal trimmer? That "Fat" control helps tune the bottom, but I need to tame the top.

Effects Order: Here's what I've got on the floor: White Dragon, 200 lb., Z Vex Wah Probe and a TIM.
    - Now boys and girls, I know you can set this up a million ways and that there's no wrong way to do it, but what works for you? I think the wah will work best first, but I'm new to this. Does it matter which LP fuzz is first? And where in the world does the TIM go?

Thanks in advance-
    J.B.

2. Rumblefish

Rumblefish Silver Supporting Member

In order to give you best feedback,I'd need to know what amp you're using and what speaker(s).And guitar.:AOK

3. jbp

jbp Supporting Member

Yo Rumblefish-

Here's the scoop on my gear:

guitar: CP Thornton Fusion (alder/maple): H - S - S. Fralins.

amp: Guytron GT-100 F/V

cab: Dr. Z 2-12" (EVM 12L and Weber Blue Dog Ceramic)

4. alnico2

alnico2 Member

White Dragon is a fun box and occasionally it picks up radio stations. Maybe it is the nature of the beast.

5. amphead777

amphead777 Member

Ireally like the versatility of my BBB07. I think it's just like the
    WD except it's all germanium.

6. Unburst

Unburst Member

I can get the tones on the website with my 200lbs easy, back the fat control and your guitar's tone control way back.

7. gregory49

gregory49 Member

+1 Great Pedal:dude

8. Rumblefish

Rumblefish Silver Supporting Member

Only thing I can think of is maybe you're standing right in front of the speaker
    so you're hearing too much of the dust cap.If the cab is resting on the floor,sit down on the floor at an angle to the speaker so you hear more of the midrange and less of the dust cap.Just move around in front of the cab and notice how the tone has a sweet spot at particular angles.And yes,turn the tone knobs on the fuzz and the amp way down.Dark channel of the amp helps too.:NUTS