Lovepedal Hermida SNS Appreciation Thread Part Deux--The Ham Sammich Lives!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by la noise, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Sergio Rojas

Sergio Rojas Member

Kevsonic, scatto and rwijaya like this.
  2. Sergio Rojas

Sergio Rojas Member

You know what would be really cool?!
    A Father's day (*cough* weekend) SNS. :D:cool:

3. rwijaya

rwijaya Member

the tumnus has a lot more bottom end than the centura. but both of them nailed that Klon high mid Krang! although, the tumnus has a white noise hifi Hiss when its cranked up. its very audible to me, but it might not be an issue for you.

the tumnus deluxe takes the tone shaping ability to even the next level. might not be for people that just want a quick instant KLON tone out of it.

Sergio Rojas likes this.
  4. stevieboy

stevieboy Clouds yell at me Silver Supporting Member

Besides the Tumnus I just posted about, my other Wampler pedal is a mini Ego. Mini, so a compressed compressor!

I got it for slide, for sustain. Don't use it a ton, but I've tried it some other ways and it can sound good, depending.

5. stevieboy

stevieboy Clouds yell at me Silver Supporting Member

Just setting the two extra knobs at noon give you a straight Klon setting, nice to have the option especially the mids, I turn in down a little for P90s, up a little for a Strat.

We know each other by the way, from jams. Been awhile though!

rwijaya likes this.
  6. rwijaya

rwijaya Member

they are all a great KLONE imho. people can argue all day how one don't sound the same as a real KLON, but they all nailed the KLON characteristic to the T. Although there is things like the EHX soulfood pedal that is FAR from a KLON sound but a lot of internet people swear that its like a cheap version of KLONE.

Fretlessbaby likes this.
  7. ellsworthman

ellsworthman Supporting Member

I'm doing ok, Dee. I've been dealing with my mom's latest crisis - she fell and fractured her pelvis in several places - catching up on projects after a late arrival of spring, and weeding out pedals (for the umpteenth time). I've been busy - Thankfully work is slow right now ;)

The Centura is my favorite of the Klones...other than the KTR, all the rest seem to inflict a bit of tonal coloration I don't like. I just wish the Centura were a bit smaller than a breadbox...

8. Fretlessbaby

Fretlessbaby Supporting Member

I am so sorry to hear about your Mom's fall Greg. I am glad your doing ok. I miss you and Dave around here. Take good care always my friend!

9. Oinkus

Oinkus Member

Good to see you around @ellsworthman , sorry to hear about your Moms. Speedy recovery , just did my mothers second partial knee replacement that was a fun few weeks and she is still rehabbing after some complications. My friend received his SNS booty , Reverb 3 , 5k Vibe and the Rotary Reverb. He brought me the Rotary Reverb to play with on his lunch hour after I spoke with him this morning. Nice dern pedal with some great sounds in it , in the unfriendly line level loop of the Prosonic. Lot of various textures with the 3 way options and got a really nice chorus that resembles the EPH 3 on my other board into my TM 36 combo. Dave's not here man.

ChicagoJoe and ellsworthman like this.
  10. ellsworthman

ellsworthman Supporting Member

Thanks. Ma is tough, she'll make it through...she has more lives than a cat.

I am supposed to be clearing pedals out but I need some retail therapy. F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5...;)

Wolfboy1, bloobeastie, blues and 5 others like this.
  11. RMosack

RMosack Supporting Member

My sentiments exactly.

For the Klone thing, I like my BYOC Silver Pony better.

For the dual OD thing, especially with one or both low gain and one or both potentially always on, I like a few Lovepedal options better:
    - COT-Eternity Stack
    - Box of Awesome (black version with the K'zoo and OD11)
    - White Zen-Zen II
    - Amp 11

12. hunter

hunter Supporting Member

There can be only one. Lest we all forget:

[​IMG]

Gotta sell that thing some day.

hunter

13. scatto

scatto Member

Another vote for the Centura as well. I have the MO vintage spec and like it a lot, but the Centura has better feel and clarity, especially if you're someone like me that runs the gain fairly low.

AceBSpankin, rwijaya and Sergio Rojas like this.
  14. Glass Onion

Glass Onion Toneful truth seeker. Gold Supporting Member

Just re roofed about 130 square feet of my rental house. My buddy who rents it told me it was leaking inside. Large area of the roof had rotted and we replaced the decking boards as well as the framing that had started to rot as well.

Re affirmed my choice to not roof for a living.

We had redone the roof 5 years ago and that was no fun the first time. At least with experience it was easier this time.

Now to sip and play a little to unwind.

15. Glass Onion

Good to hear from you man.

Take care of yourself and family. Hope your mom is well soon.

16. Glass Onion

A great friend got a centura and thanks to that he gave me his Rockett Archer silver. I love that thing. His daughter was in my class that year and it was her/their gift to me for Christmas.
    Like I said great friend.

I bought him an EPH 3 I think. I know I got him a 50 bones lovepedal. Lol.
    I still love that thing he said the centura was just a bit better to his ears. I am glad it was so I got my first real Klone.

Wolfboy1 likes this.
  17. Glass Onion

Next year he got me an Orange Rubber Chicken.

We keep giving each other pedals. A great tradition for sure.

Wolfboy1, bloobeastie, blues and 2 others like this.
  18. Oinkus

Oinkus Member

Roofing sux in every way possible. That is some pain I do not miss ever. Can't believe you guys are talking about K@#$*. Mine is way better than all of them maybe even the original. Is the reason I joined TGP 5 years ago instead of just reading stuff to contact him. Gifts of pedals are a good thing , I keep letting my friend borrow whatever is lying on my shelf and he calls me up and I can hear him smiling from ear to ear. New to tube amps and pedals at 57 the world is crazy!

Hbom, Wolfboy1, bloobeastie and 2 others like this.
  19. pewing33ny

pewing33ny Member

It's funny you guys are talking about Klones now, I never had any interest in them before and never even checked them out...

But at the Brooklyn Stompbox Expo I really wanted to get a MIAB and went to try the Wampler Plexi on their demo board but they didn't have it. I tried a few other pedals on there though and tried the Tumnus Deluxe, not knowing what it was based off of and really liked it. It reminded me of a Splawn modded 1987x I owned about 15 years ago, super dry, grindy, middy, but also super clear. So I did some research and spent last night watching Klon demos and am totally hooked. Think I'm going to start off with a Tumnus Deluxe unless there is a Lovepedal equivalent this upcoming weekend.

Wolfboy1 likes this.
  20. blues

blues Supporting Member

Purple Plexi,Purple Plexi with boost,Purple Plexi 100,PP pro.

COT50, Jubilee,Jubilee with boost.

A friend had the Wampler. To our ears the PP old school built was better.