Lovepedal Hermida SNS Appreciation Thread Part Deux--The Ham Sammich Lives!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by la noise, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Glass Onion

Glass Onion Toneful truth seeker. Gold Supporting Member

Agreed I love letting my friends try out Lovepedals and others and getting so many WTFs about changed ideas of good tone.

Then have em over and just plug into a great amp and change the dynamic again.

Fun times.

Wolfboy1 likes this.
  2. RMosack

RMosack Supporting Member

I used to do framing back in the summers during college in the late '80s. This was back in Cleveland with the hot and humid summers. As bad as we thought we had it, we felt like kings compared to the poor roofers that were next in line for the houses we built. We felt legitimately sorry for those guys exposed to the full sun on those hot, slanted roofs. Brutal job.

stratohiker, Wolfboy1 and Glass Onion like this.
  3. blues

blues Supporting Member

Not really any klone types. But there is the joker boost or any or the boosts that are on
    some other Lovpedals.

It's a clean boost. Does not color your tone.

Or you could try the Elephant Man. It's not totally transparent. I think its give me "more"
    of the tone of my amp.

I only dipped my toe into the klone craze when the Soul Food first came out. I did not like
    it enough to keep it.

Even if there are better klones I'm not going down that rabbit hole.

I'm more into Marshall and Tweed amps. I'm not trying to sell you any pedals but the
    Elephant Man really gives me more amp.

4. blues

blues Supporting Member

5. tonedover

tonedover Supporting Member

Since we are talking about it, love my centura

Kevsonic and Sergio Rojas like this.
  6. abby_normal

abby_normal Member

I built a 8x10' shed from a kit 16 years ago when we moved into this house. I was just looking at it today and said it needs new shingles soon. I'm now 61 and I think I this will be a job for a professional. We are still in the middle of a backyard makeover. Disconnected the hot tub today and moved it with just a little help from my wife who moved the PVC tubes it was rolling it on. This is all in preparation of getting a new concrete patio. Hard work but it'll be worth it.

My wife is watching something on PBS so I'm going down to my music room for an hour. I've earned it. As far as the klone talk goes I also have a Tumnus Deluxe and after I got the vintage spec Mythical OD I said one of them would be sold. I still have them both. :facepalm I can make them sound identical but the Tumnus has the active bass and mids so it can change it's overall tone. I still like the VSMO better. It plays well with Lovepedals, too.

Jim Marciano, Hbom and Glass Onion like this.
  7. blues

blues Supporting Member

I was watching them put a roof on the church across the street from my house. It's like
    an A frame type.

It was a metal roof they were using to replce the old roof.

Those guys had to tie themselves off so they would not fall off. Scary looking.

Glass Onion and RMosack like this.
  8. Oinkus

Oinkus Member

I have had just about every crappy job you can have , framing is not even close to top of the list for bad during the summer. Laying a mile of sidewalks/wheelchair ramps in Alabama in the summer has to be near the top. Having to wear long pants and shirts at 105 or so and 90% humidity was brutal but just prepped me for a night in the kitchen standing over a huge grill. Heck being in the Food truck now is a piece of cake with the nice airflow he built into it.

stratohiker, Hbom, Wolfboy1 and 2 others like this.
  9. joevacc

joevacc Supporting Member

A few weeks ago a contractor friend asked if would help him with a roof.
    Three of us, the two of them, pro roofers. Let me just say ~ roofing is brutal! lol. They were beat to hell too!
    At 53 I was fine working long hard days but the problem was the hour ride home. Trying to get my sorry a$$ out of the car and in house was like moving a sack of rocks up hill!!!
    hahaha

Before TGP I was unaware of the Klon mythos. I remember reading that Jeff Beck played one but otherwise I was unaware of any other players who did.
    Here I learned all the stuff. heh. I bought the Mythical Overdrive and like it very much.

Recently I have been playing a lot more Fuzz than I ever had. I wonder who of you have trouble with buffers with Fuzz around?
    Some of my Fuzzes do not dig the Klone. I have a few #1 pedals now that I use when I play out but I could walk out with my Klone alone and be happy.
    That said, (to get in my lp love in) My Low Gain Mosferatu is now my favorite to bring a guitar, cords and nothing else. ;~)

stratohiker, Wolfboy1 and Glass Onion like this.
  10. abby_normal

abby_normal Member

Tonight i played my ES339 > Keeley Comp+ > Elephant Man > Flint 70’s reverb > DRRI. Also used my EchoPlexie for a bit. Just awesome. My ES hasn’t been out of the case in a while. Needs new strings, but man it’s easy and fun to play after using my Strat most of the time.

Wolfboy1, Hbom, joevacc and 4 others like this.
  11. Jiminvan

Jiminvan Supporting Member

See? Squashing Elephants! It works.

12. Oinkus

Oinkus Member

If I don't have a whole pedalboard when I go out I feel lost and nekkid. Now I have to move the Emu next to the SP Comp geez. Made some coffee ice cream last night , bunch of work but turned out OK.

Jiminvan and abby_normal like this.
  13. Wolfboy1

Wolfboy1 Grandpa but...Not Yet Old! Silver Supporting Member

I have never tried a Klon or Klone. I wasn't much into dirt pedals before TGP and after finding this thread no reason to look much outside LP line. However, I almost bought an ARC Effects Klone:
    [​IMG]

Saw Bergs demo one on Youtube and really liked it. Haven't pulled the trigger but I did get a KOT which I've hardly used.

14. Mike Duncan

Mike Duncan Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

^Fantastic pedal. I have one just like the one above. The Arc stuff is very good!

Wolfboy1 and AXXA like this.
  15. stevieboy

stevieboy Clouds yell at me Silver Supporting Member

Finally got over my cold enough to get to a jam last night, and took my new Tumnus Deluxe out for the first time, just it by itself so I didn't take any kind of external power. Plugged it in, didn't work! Some dork (meaning me) didn't put a battery in it. :bonk I'm so used to Lovepedals coming with a battery that I just didn't think about it, been plugging it in at home of course. My brain has been affected by the cold I guess along with everything else. That might have contributed, still pretty stupid though.

Oh well, I'm fine with no pedals, just was hoping to give it a try with a band. Another chance tonight.

16. Jiminvan

All this Klon/Klone talk...do you think maybe it's been too long since the last SNS!
    ;)

17. stevieboy

stevieboy Clouds yell at me Silver Supporting Member

We could have some more colonoscopy discussion I guess! :banana

18. Jiminvan

I'm at the dentist. We could talk about needles and drills...

AceBSpankin and Wolfboy1 like this.
  19. Oinkus

Oinkus Member

Colonoscopy way closer to topic then that other thing.

Wolfboy1, Jiminvan and bloobeastie like this.
  20. 4b454e

4b454e Supporting Member

Dang.

No
    Pedal
    Day