Lovepedal Hermida SNS Appreciation Thread Part Deux--The Ham Sammich Lives!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by la noise, Mar 6, 2018.

1. abby_normal

abby_normal Member

I got a crown yesterday, an upper molar. They 3D printed it in the office and from start to finish it was three hours. I had a break while the crown was made, then fitted, then another break while they baked it. Way better than having two or three appointments to do the same thing. This new dentist is space age compared to my dusty old dentist who retired last year. Lots more $$$, too.

2. stevieboy

stevieboy Clouds yell at me Silver Supporting Member

I had a pedal! I may have had a battery kicking around in my bag too, but no time to put it in.

Jiminvan and 4b454e like this.
  3. hunter

hunter Supporting Member

See if you had a Klon all you need is a quarter to unscrew the 2 screws on the bottom, insert battery. Replace the 2 screws. 30 seconds. If you have a quarter. Though a nickel or even a penny will do. Unfortunately the KTR has lost that convenience.

hunter

AceBSpankin and AXXA like this.
  4. RMosack

RMosack Supporting Member

Let's talk Lovepedal Vox flavors!

I haven't seen anything Vox-like in the past couple years of SNS, but I understand that Sean used to make a few Vox-inspired pedals. Is anybody here familiar with any of them? I think I know of two, but I've never, ever seen any in the wild.
    - Englishman
    - Death of a Vox

(It's my understanding that the Englishwoman is supposed to be more in the vein of Clapton Marshall than Vox. But that's based on a youtube video I saw.)

If you know anything about these pedals, can you say how they differ? What each does or is intended to do? Which one for raging Brian May Queen Vox tones? Which one for lower gain Petty, The Edge or even Beatles Vox tones?

Would be really cool if one or both of these made some upcoming SNS appearances. Hint, hint, @MAGICboy !!!

5. 4b454e

4b454e Supporting Member

Yeah yeah ;)

6. Oinkus

Oinkus Member

I have The Bag of Everything and as long as I am alive I have time. Except I leave it in the trunk because it weighs around 200#. Had to have been bummed looking forward to a new toy and not getting to play with it ? Only Vox related pedals recently was that batch of billet Voxlands , Death of a Vox and a CoT in one pedal would shoot for that monster personally. Would buy that right now if I had money https://reverb.com/item/18664876-lovepedal-voxland-2018-silver-billet

Fretlessbaby likes this.
  7. LikeAMotherF

LikeAMotherF Supporting Member

I did roofing one summer, when I was 19 or 20. I remember climbing up a rickety ladder to a soggy, sagging roof. The guy who got me the job was going over what we'd need to do. Then he asked me if I had any questions.
    "Don't we need, like, harnesses or something?"
    So he handed me the cushion from an old, dirty, brown flannel couch. He said, "just sit on this. Make sure you set it down on some shingles. You won't slide off."
    "What about when I'm not sitting down? What if I stumble or fall?"
    "Don't stumble or fall."

Some of the best advice I've ever gotten. And since we weren't a 'real' roofing agency, we didn't have to pay for insurance or any of that other nonsense! That means if we worked really fast, we got paid a *ton* by the hour.

As long as we didn't stumble or fall.....

8. blues

blues Supporting Member

I thought the Voxland had a normal boost. Not a Death of Vox and COT in one pedal.

9. TroyHamilton

TroyHamilton Supporting Member

I know I’ve seen it before but 20 mins of searching and I haven’t found it.

Anyone have details on what the trim pots are in the Believe? Finally got mine plugged in today and sounds bad - clean sound but when the pedal is on its outputting a fizzy sound that comes and goes. Something doesn’t seem quite right but want to tweak before assuming a problem.

10. Moody Tuner

Moody Tuner Member

Did you buy one used? Mine came with the spec sheet. Honestly, I simply opened mine up and started twisting the trims until I got what I wanted out of it.

11. TroyHamilton

TroyHamilton Supporting Member

Ha! I knew I’d seen it somewhere, never hit me to check the box. :bonk

I bought it at the last SNS. I’ll find the box, thanks.

eclecticsynergy and Moody Tuner like this.
  12. Kevsonic

Kevsonic Supporting Member

I love my Centura and my Mythical Overdrive VS, but damned if the Elephant Man doesn't accomplish the same "enlivening" effect that those two do. Not exactly the same, but it fills the same role that I put klones in and I tend to set them up to be clean boosts most of the time.

joevacc, RMosack, Jiminvan and 2 others like this.
  13. blues

blues Supporting Member

That's a good way to put it.

Kevsonic likes this.
  14. abby_normal

abby_normal Member

I’ve wanted to try the tape delay before dirt thing and as it’s my wife’s yoga night I could turn it up for a couple of hours. After restringing my Strat my signal chain went Comp + > EchoPlexie > Blue BOA > Black Zen Zen > Elephant Man > El Cap > Flint > DRRI. Only used the El Cap to compare delay before and after, but played with the delay before for most of the time. The EchPlexie first was great, I kept the mix knob of the echo side around 12 o’clock or less and it sounded like I think I remember what a real Echoplex plugged into an amp was like. Also had the switch flipped so the delay was first in the pedal and stacking the drive side with the other dirt was great. Going to leave the order like this for a while to really play around with it, but I like it so far. Nice having the option of delay before and after. Also nice having the Zen Zen back in line after taking a month off from it. It’s a great drive pedal as is the BOA. The BOA is the only one that has stayed on the board since I got it.

Fretlessbaby and 19BCG87 like this.
  15. anxiousmofo

anxiousmofo Member

You are correct.

AceBSpankin, Fretlessbaby and blues like this.
  16. DrewwerD

DrewwerD Member

Geez guys, you know there an SNS on right now?

Slackers...

AceBSpankin, wackydude, AXXA and 11 others like this.
  17. timibucktwo

timibucktwo Supporting Member

I woke up to the IG notification, picked up the new AMP 808 by itself since when I went to the Shopify page found that everything else up I already have, description of this pedal made it sound too good to pass up on & I know I would be kicking myself if I waited & missed out on it.

18. groovington

groovington Member

19. outdoorpja

outdoorpja Supporting Member

ack! didn't get the email. but i got the AMP 808 :cool:

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  20. Oinkus

Oinkus Member

No email alert ?

ChicagoJoe likes this.