Lovepedal Hermida SNS Appreciation Thread Part Deux--The Ham Sammich Lives!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by la noise, Mar 6, 2018.

1. jpagey

jpagey Supporting Member

It’s not over

For $200 you could have a board with the Stinger, Valve Reamer, MK III and EPH-3

2. timibucktwo

timibucktwo Supporting Member

Maybe it’s just my imagination, but both of my hand wired LP’s seem to have less floor noise than others, and sound warmer than most, or maybe the visual appearance is affecting my aural sensibilities ;-)

3. timibucktwo

I’ll bet you could cover a lot of ground with that board.

Da Geezer, jpagey and Skip Reid like this.
  4. Trotter

Trotter Supporting Member

Sorry, I’m way outta the loop on these SNS sales these days.... does the 50% off coupon still apply?

5. Smacky the Frog

Smacky the Frog Gold Supporting Member

It's already discounted

6. timibucktwo

no

7. DrewwerD

DrewwerD Member

And yet... TAKE50 will still haunt my dreams.

8. Trotter

Trotter Supporting Member

Thanks. I had a handwired COT years ago. Seeing a new one at that price is pretty cool

Phil M likes this.
  9. Skip Reid

Skip Reid Supporting Member

Agreed. No one should pass up the opportunity to get these 4 pedals for $200, if they can afford it. That's a great core sound.

10. scatto

scatto Member

The Lil China is the most dynamic of all the COT variations I've tried (WF, Angus, Landau, Red). If i could only have one, the China IS IT!!!

11. Fat tone79

Fat tone79 Supporting Member

That Lil China and another eph3 for me I’m way over my limit but yolo. :D

12. Fat tone79

Grab the dual Zen it’s one of my favorites. Sounds great through everything.

13. Fat tone79

For 200 bucks you’re getting two awesome pedals.

abby_normal and Da Geezer like this.
  14. cber1517

cber1517 Supporting Member

In on the Lil’ China!

Happy Fathers Day everyone

15. Outtenbucks

Outtenbucks Member

Can you compare it to the other zens? I’ve only played an original with the tube in it, or the red zen from a couple SNS ago.

Fat tone79 likes this.
  16. Fat tone79

It has more gain than any other Zen and I have all of of them. It’s cool to set one side low gain and higher on the other.
    It also has a smaller footprint if space is an issue.
    Sorry man I’m not so great at describing things lol. Maybe one of the other guys can add some...

17. LikeAMotherF

LikeAMotherF Supporting Member

I've already gone in for the PP+, the Stinger, and the Voxland 'Suzzie'. I know that's child's play for most of you folks, maybe just a warm up. But I'm already in over my head.

My budget is short though because I've been trying to accumulate my 'grail' guitars lately. After a few years of buying/selling/trading guitars because they were 'cool' or I found them interesting/intriguing, I've decided to narrow my focus to the guitars and models that I've always wanted. I've had a mental list for years now of the guitars that I I've always lusted after, but for one reason or another I've put off buying. (Mostly $!) When I re-started playing again about 8 years ago, I had a list of 7 or 8 guitars that I felt would be everything I could ever ask for; while that list has changed a bit over the years, I've got my hands on 90-95% of my 'list'. Every time I pick up a guitar to mess around I feel *lucky* to have it (whichever guitar it happens to be). In the past, I was focused more on guitars in the $500-$1300 range. They were easier to save up for, and they were easier to sell- both personally, I wasn't as attached, and because there's just more serious buyers on the lower end of the $ spectrum. But while I dug pretty much every single one of the guitars that passed through my hands, I didn't have that sense of 'this is *the one*' or whatever it is that creates a bond with an instrument. They were fun, and amusing. But since I've set my sights higher, I've ended up with some really cool axes that just speak to me! And I'm not talking just more money- some of them were expensive, but some of them were at the lower end of my original spectrum- but figuring out *exactly* what it is you want, and then saving and waiting for a good deal to come up.

But yeah, I've moved some things around in the past few months, and I'm still in the red a little. So I can't go full hog like some of you! But I have found that one great guitar and one or two great pedals is much, much more rewarding than a bunch of 'cool' guitars and a ton of great pedals. But that just IMHO, FWIW, TIOLI etc etc

18. Phil M

Phil M Member

Yup, you right. Lil China incoming, too. I’ll compare the 2 and prob sell the plain one.

Wolfboy1, timibucktwo and scatto like this.
  19. outdoorpja

outdoorpja Supporting Member

Dang it I just rationalized myself into a Lil China. That brings me up to 6. AMP 808, 200 lbs, Brown Deluxe, SST, Bonetender, and Lil China. Good lord. I’m tapping out!

20. Fat tone79