Lovepedal Hermida SNS Appreciation Thread Part Deux--The Ham Sammich Lives!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by la noise, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Fat tone79

Fat tone79 Supporting Member

I didn’t like the Black Valve Reamer too much. My Analogman Silver is just sick it works with every backline I’ve used on the road.

2. Moody Tuner

Moody Tuner Member

It’s a great score. Congrats.

3. Moody Tuner

Moody Tuner Member

I’m not a tube screamer guy but my black VR sounds great to my ears. I run it through fender guitars and amps.

HERSCHEL, jpagey and Sergio Rojas like this.
  4. jpagey

jpagey Member

I have a Valve Reamer it’s great - better than a 808 and SD-9 ...lots of gain and the tone is much better than the Ibanez pedals

5. Lt Dak

Lt Dak Supporting Member

It's hard to pick a favorite "line" of drives so far.

I think as an all a rounder, I prefer the zen, followed by the amp11.

I have a bunch of zens, small box white and big black amp11s (amp808 is a different thing IMO), and an E burst and kanji 9.

I like the black zen and black a11 the most at the moment. The only one of the lot I haven't cared for is the Kanji 9, but it may just not like my amp.

HERSCHEL, Hbom, gasman7 and 2 others like this.
  6. Wolfboy1

Wolfboy1 Grandpa but...Not Yet Old! Silver Supporting Member

HOLY SH*T!!!!

There are 44 pedals up!!!!!

7. Lt Dak

Lt Dak Supporting Member

Almost feels a little like a punishment. :D

8. stevieboy

stevieboy Clouds yell at me Silver Supporting Member

Didn't get a chance to answer your question before you caved, though I don't think my descriptions of drive pedals are worth a lot. It's a good one, the amp side fits into the general LP Fender family nicely, does have plenty of gain if you want. Any drive pedal is just going to come down to how it fits your tastes and rig, don't think I could help with that--but then you got one coming so you'll be all over it!

The reverb side is quite good. As a spring reverb junkie (not too hung up on drip though :dunno) I really ordered it for that. I said a week or so ago that I could have stopped getting reverbs after a couple of particular ones, and that's one of them--that was when I was talking about getting the 60s Reverb anyway! But I really wanted a standalone reverb from Sean's side of the Sean/Alf continuum, so I couldn't resist and I'm very glad I didn't. Hadn't thought to compare them yet, maybe I'll give that a shot later today. Sean says the 60s is similar to the one in the Reverb Deluxe, I'd guess those are somewhat different than the Princetone's but not way apart. We'll see!

9. Fat tone79

The Zens are my favorite too.

HERSCHEL and Lt Dak like this.
  10. RockAltVintBluesSoul

RockAltVintBluesSoul Supporting Member

Hey, what about me? Congrats @Oinkus ! I got one too! Mine came with a 50-bone tag-team partner who was already in the cart. Thanks so much @MAGICboy!!!

I was definitely not getting more pedals last Friday or the sale before since I have so many and still working through them all for guitar/amp fits. But it seems as though I have about 8 new pedals to try over this time period. Not sure how this has happened and yet, I am really hoping the chrome Vintage Modern somehow pops back up. Really want to grab that one for my older son. Don’t want to admit who the other 8 were for. :hide2:hide:hide2

11. timibucktwo

timibucktwo Supporting Member

I apologize! Didn’t see you scored one too, so double congratulations!
    Hope you get your chrome VR, too.

12. Fat tone79

I grabbed the BC178 yesterday looking forward to it!!

13. RockAltVintBluesSoul

I ask the High Priestess @Fretlessbaby for permission, but I suggest we dub today SME... Sunday Morning Epicpalooza! Totally amazing range of pedals available this morning. Really unbelievable, and so much fun for everyone to be able to find something new to try, even those who have been at this a long while. It is amazing that @MAGICboy has made so many incredible pedals. Thank you, thank you so much for such a great sale!

14. Figaro

Figaro Supporting Member

:agree
    A Gold Zendrive and either an Amp 11 or Amp 808 can cover all the gain levels I need.

Of course... having what you need is great but having more than you need is better, so I have a few more! :D

15. abby_normal

abby_normal Member

That's a lot of temptation on that there Shopify page. Never seen that many at once since I've been here.

Anyone care to comment on the 4 knob brownface Deluxe? I have the 2 knob Deluxe 5E3 and a HPTT. Is it different enough from what I have? I know, I know, it's only 50 bones.

16. 4b454e

4b454e Member

I was wondering if someone hacked your login ;)

17. Moody Tuner

Moody Tuner Member

I recently received the brown face and have had the 5E3 for a long time. the brown is less compressed and more open, very low gain. It’s a totally different thing to the 5E3 IMO. Others can weigh in.

18. stevieboy

stevieboy Clouds yell at me Silver Supporting Member

Brown Deluxe is a fairly low gain pedal, unlike the other two you mentioned. I and I think most here tend to use it with the gain all the way up, and it's still pretty low. Nice as standalone boost, I know others here like to drive some of their other pedals with it.

19. 4b454e

4b454e Member

Good grief. There’s like 20 pedals, then the t-shirt, which is AVAILABLE - then five more after the shirt

What in the Sam Hill is going on here?!? :rotflmao

20. RockAltVintBluesSoul

Oh, and I ordered the Germanium Dover Drive the first time it went up. Very excited for that one.