Lovepedal Hermida SNS Appreciation Thread Part Deux--The Ham Sammich Lives!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by la noise, Mar 6, 2018.

1. PedalCrazyFool

PedalCrazyFool Member

I’m waiting on three things from the last SNS. The RR is one of them, but (and how bad is this?), I’ve forgotten what the other two are.

It’s really going to be a surprise when they come, as I’ll avoid the notices when they show up!

PGHRIDE, Hbom, abby_normal and 8 others like this.
  2. underdog726

underdog726 Member

I like a certain amp/overdrive tone, but I do change it up with wah,vibe and leslie pedals and volume and tone knobs. But the base tone is strat/fender amps.

3. gasman7

gasman7 Member

Same, ordered my RR early & by itself. It hasn’t shipped yet but I’m not worried either. SNS = No rules right?

4. LionVerse

LionVerse Supporting Member

Why even come to TGP with that kind of bad attitude.... :waiting

;)

5. MAGICboy

MAGICboy Gold Supporting Member

Been working on the RRs since Monday. Hopefully Thursday they will be tweaked in and on their way!

6. PedalCrazyFool

PedalCrazyFool Member

Normally I’m a take yer time kinda guy, Sean, but admittedly, I know this one’s going to be a winner and I don’t recall being this excited about receiving one from LP. BoneTender came close, though!

7. HaloMaster

HaloMaster Silver Supporting Member

What up guys, just got my vanilla mojo zen squared last night! Do you guys remember what the details were? Seems like the right side has a bit more gain than the left. The right side seems a bit more compressed. The left side seems more open and less gain. Any info would be great! I'm enjoying the pedal so far! So many settings! It also seems like each side has less gain than a normal zendrive. I'm guessing it's that way so they can stack.

HERSCHEL, bloobeastie and Wolfboy1 like this.
  8. RMosack

RMosack Supporting Member

I have both of the double Zens: Vanilla Mojo and the Black one. My recollection is this:

Vanilla Mojo Zen - Zen II:
    - White Zen Drive on the right, but lower gain than the stand alone White Zen Drive
    - Gold Zen Drive II on the left with pretty much normal gain

Black Zen - Zen II:
    - Black (i.e., "RF") Zen Drive on the right, but lower gain than the stand alone Black Zen Drive
    - Gold Zen Drive II on the left with pretty much normal gain

It took me a while to get used to just how low gain the right sides of the two double Zens actually are. But once I started thinking of it more as a low gain drive pedal (ala the Four Knob Deluxe) than as a Zen, it began to work for me. That side becomes a nice low gain flavor on its own or a sweetener for mixing with the other side. The Gold side on the left ends up carrying the traditional Zen heavy lifting with regard to gain and compression.

Hbom, abby_normal, R.L. and 3 others like this.
  9. ChicagoJoe

ChicagoJoe Member

Yeah, I mean, this is where I learned to turn on those aforementioned 7-8 pedals at a time in an effort to sound like a rawk god, and forsake practicing completely as I try to figure out where the excess noise is coming from. :huh

bassman00, Hbom, abby_normal and 8 others like this.
  10. Skip Reid

Skip Reid Supporting Member

White Dragon and Super Six SRV So *******naked are in the house.

So now I'm waiting on zero pedals from past SNS.

It's kinda sad. :(

Hbom, wackydude, abby_normal and 9 others like this.
  11. stratohiker

stratohiker Member

Of late I'm like the Fred Flintstone of pedals compared to you guys.
    Still enjoying my lone 50 bones purchase of an SST
    How many SNSs ago was it?
    I don't even remember
    :rolleyes:

DrewwerD, Hbom, abby_normal and 4 others like this.
  12. Jakeboy

Jakeboy Member

I am certain Sean will rectify that situation NLT Labor Day. ;)

That’s ok cause the SST is FANTASTIC.

DrewwerD, jpagey, Hbom and 4 others like this.
  13. stratohiker

stratohiker Member

Definitely been one of my favs.
    Simple to dial in, but effective

14. outdoorpja

outdoorpja Supporting Member

while biding my time anticipating a HPTT from last SNS, i've been putting together my pinecaster. all done but the tweaking and setup. MJT pine body in fiesta red over white (closet clean), early 80s USA Fender Bullet maple neck, Zhangbucker pups (Lollipop p90 neck and Tar Paper A3 bridge).

took me a little while to get the wiring down -- used 500k pots and added a parallel resistor to get the bridge pup less shrill. everytime i thought i was there with the wiring, i'd plug it in and have this massive ground buzz. went back over it all again, even swapped pots once or twice. repeated this whole fiasco multiple times. buzz still there. at a monumental point of frustration, i looked over at my soldering iron (still on), and finally had the thought... turned it off. ground buzz gone. :mad::confused:o_O

but she's beautiful. and sounds amazing. realllllly love David's pickups. this pair sing something heavenly in this guitar. very thrilled.

DrewwerD, Hbom, wackydude and 9 others like this.
  15. Sergio Rojas

Sergio Rojas Member

this 100%. Normally I'll wait. Still super excited, but for some reason, the RR is something I cannot wait to try and use! :D

16. Glass Onion

Glass Onion Toneful truth seeker. Gold Supporting Member

Anyone else ever have a ruptured or perforated ear drum.

Wife is a family medicine doc and has refereed me to an ENT who is going to see me next Monday.

Lots of puss and pain and loss of hearing.

Anyone got any suggestions or experience.

17. gasman7

gasman7 Member

Super excited, take the time you need!

18. gasman7

gasman7 Member

Not that I'll be able to sound anything like Chris Buck, but in case anyone hasn't seen this, thought I'd share. I saw this video after I passed up the RR the last time it came up & it made me pretty bummed to have missed it, it felt like the one that got away. When the July SNS opened with it I was all in...so yeah, I'm a little excited to get mine. The anticipation is fun too though and I have lots of other pedals to go through in the meantime, it's nice to have it to look forward to.

19. Wolfboy1

Wolfboy1 Grandpa but...Not Yet Old! Silver Supporting Member

Three times right ear. I think after the first time it made it more susceptible to further issues over the years.

First time was off a diving board, weird landing, kind of smacked the side of my head on the water trying to do a 2 1/2 flip. Rotational force and hard impact caused water to enter ear canal with sufficient force to rip my ear drum. This was arguably the worst tear, no puss, just pain and disorientation.

Second time was scuba diving. Descended too fast trying to keep up with friends and blew it out around 60 feet. Gradual thing building up to pretty bad pain then the inrush of cold spring water really disoriented me at first. Pressure obviously equalized and water in ear warmed up in a minute or two and finished dive with just a bad ear ache.

Third time was the worst pain wise. I was descending on a military flight. I tried like hell to clear it (val salva maneuver, swallowing, gum chewing). Nope, I had a cold and it just wouldn't clear. Long, slow descent seemed to last forever but nothing I could do except hope it would clear....nada. Hurt like hell but it was almost a relief after bursting.

Just in at Docs today. I caught some kind of infection from my 16 month old granddaughter 2 weeks ago out in Colorado on vacation. It's developed into bronchitis and my same right ear is still filled with fluid after flight home on August 4th. Doctor said "You know you got a bit of scar tissue on your ear drum?" and I of course, relayed this same dang story earlier today.....weird coincidence.

I have never had any puss or infections and only temporary slight loss of hearing. Mostly bad to severe pain on occurrence and intense disorientation the first 2 times in the water. My hearing is already iffy due to all the time I spent sitting next to jet engines and wearing headphones with the volume loud to make out HF, UHF, and VHF radio communications plus guitars and rock music.....it's a wonder I can hear much at all but, according to my family, I am way overdue on hearing aids

20. RMosack

RMosack Supporting Member

Congratulations. Looks great. Love the pickup combo.

I feel you on the noise issue. I fell victim to the EXACT SAME soldering iron buzz/hum issue just a few weeks ago on my partscaster Fat Nashville Tele. Luckily, I realized it before tearing out the wiring because I turned the iron soldering off in preparation of tearing it open. Phew!