Lovepedal Hermida SNS Appreciation Thread Part Deux--The Ham Sammich Lives!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by la noise, Mar 6, 2018.

1. RMosack

RMosack Supporting Member

No idea. But I hope you feel better soon. That’s scary stuff.

2. RMosack

RMosack Supporting Member

Ouch. Sounds awful

AceBSpankin, timibucktwo and Wolfboy1 like this.
  3. Jiminvan

Jiminvan Supporting Member

Spent some time with the Accomplice Jr. today and my ASAT, and had some interesting results. It's funny that until now I thought my Carr Rambler could be made to sound blackface-ish, but not compared to the AJ. One interesting side effect of that is that a couple of pedals are sounding more "right" with the AJ: for example my TS9 and my HW Burst Eternity. It's not just about scoop (both the Ramber and the AJ have mid controls) so it must be something else - the sag of a tube rectifier, the earlier breakup of the AJ vs. the Rambler, etc. At any rate, this amp loves the TS and the Burst E and also the OD side of the Amp 11. I have a lot of pedals to audition with it still! Nice problem to have.

BTW I also spent some time with the RR today and for those who are waiting: it really does sound like the posted video above. That clip is very representative audio - even through the speakers in my monitor!

4. Jiminvan

Sympathy to G.O. and Wolfboy and their eardrums!

5. LionVerse

LionVerse Supporting Member

Yup but I was lucky and it was just minor. Pain and loss of hearing but no drippy stuff for me. It was mostly just time to let it heal.

HERSCHEL, timibucktwo and Wolfboy1 like this.
  6. ⬡ fuzzhaus ⬡

⬡ fuzzhaus ⬡ Member

Seeking advice from the experts...
    Bought 6 LPs from the last 2 SNS weekends, and 5 of them are spectacular. Particularly fond of the Amp808 and Les Lius.
    Unfortunately the Lil China that I received a couple weeks ago was dead on arrival (passes signal in bypass, total silence when engaged). I'm sure its just a bad connection somewhere, but that's over my head.
    Any advice on how to contact @MAGICboy and team? I've tried to email twice about a week apart and haven't heard back (just the autoreply that the email system is strained). Is there a phone number? Should I just send it back with a note?

HERSCHEL likes this.
  7. LionVerse

LionVerse Supporting Member

He has said that he's had a lot of trouble with his email lately but usually a PM or tagging him here gets a fast response.

HERSCHEL and GeorgeNada like this.
  8. Jiminvan

:banana:banana Gold Tchula shipping notice! :banana:banana

Soon I will lose my Tchula Tcherry!

9. outdoorpja

outdoorpja Supporting Member

10. Lt Dak

Lt Dak Supporting Member

Got the box of awesome a few days ago, haven't had the chance to plug in yet. Just got shipping notice for coternity stack. Awww yeahhhh.

11. Wolfboy1

Wolfboy1 Grandpa but...Not Yet Old! Silver Supporting Member

Okay I finalized my mini-board!

Everything has a purpose and works great for any gig and especially rockabilly/surf stuff with that True Spring. I added the Wampler Ego mini, great little addition for the rockabilly stuff.

[​IMG]

12. Big in Japan

Big in Japan Member

Great board!

13. Skip Reid

Skip Reid Supporting Member

Man Glass you have had a rough last month. I hate that. I know you feel awful. I sure hope you get that taken care of very soon. We are all thinking about you.

Hbom, Jakeboy, bloobeastie and 6 others like this.
  14. Jiminvan

Nice! This (and all my raving) should be an ad for EBS Flats.

15. stevieboy

stevieboy Clouds yell at me Silver Supporting Member

Probably most similar to the Reverb Deluxe and the 60s Reverb. Though not the exact same controls. Sean could comment, I suspect that that he evolved the latter two from the Princetone. But that would make the Princetone the original!

If only there was someone who had a Princetone and a 60s Reverb and could compare the two. Oh wait, that could be me! But I haven’t, just been playing the 60s Reverb since I got it. Got a pretty busy day today though. Maybe tomorrow.

16. ChipOnly

ChipOnly Supporting Member

Man, I can never time the SNS right, I always miss them....there's a mailing list I'm not on, right?

More importantly, I ordered a Lovepedal Shampooie from the used department of a big box guitar store website recently, on a lark. I can't find hardly anything online about it. Anyone have any experience? It's got a SENS control, what's that do? Thanks in advance for any light anyone can shed.

17. Oinkus

Oinkus Member

My friend got his 200#s and Cot/Eternity and he is just beyond thrilled. Calls me up during lunch and I can hear him grinning from ear to ear. Played until midnight and that is crazy he has 2 youngins under 10. He doesn't even have 20 pedals yet and he thinks he has more stuff then he can ever play. I have him running 2 amps and a looper for rhythms and I told him to make sure he turns everything on at once ! He is probably progressing in his playing for the first time in at least a decade because he is having so much fun and is getting GOOD sounds out of his guitars and amps. If I can just get him to use the metronome every time he plays we might teach him how to count to 4 one of these years ? Very happy camper enjoying his Lovepedals a little more than he should maybe.

18. stevieboy

stevieboy Clouds yell at me Silver Supporting Member

Try the 7 or 8 ambient type pedals all going at once. Not only don’t you have to practice, you don’t even have to play.

19. Glass Onion

Glass Onion Toneful truth seeker. Gold Supporting Member

Yeah my wife said just yesterday if I was a horse I may have already made the trip out behind the barn with a pistol.

Thanks for the kind words.

Hbom, bloobeastie, Wolfboy1 and 6 others like this.
  20. Lt Dak

Lt Dak Supporting Member

Darkly funny.

I may have missed it, but how's that spider bite doing?