Lovepedal Hermida SNS Appreciation Thread Part Deux--The Ham Sammich Lives!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by la noise, Mar 6, 2018.

1. BluesB@r

BluesB@r Member

Nah man, you're not an idjit, just a PedalCrazyFool :D

I think lots of us are F5ing more than usual after that instagram post

2. PedalCrazyFool

PedalCrazyFool Gold Supporting Member

That’s exactly right! He’s killing me!

3. BluesB@r

BluesB@r Member

While we're waiting can anyone recommend a good treble booster pedal?
    The closest thing I have to a treble boost is the Fuzzmaster
    I was thinking the beano boost, it seems to be brought up often around here

Big in Japan likes this.
  4. stevieboy

stevieboy Clouds yell at me Silver Supporting Member

Okay, SoCal report--

That's was not long after I went to sleep!

High around 60 here too, that's normal though

What's a basement?

It used to flood where I live and a lot, that was long before we lived here. Half a block from the LA River. But they paved it over, like in Terminator 2, no more flooding. Normally the channel is just a trickle, but in the rains it collects from all over, and it's the San Fernando Valley, valley meaning it's surrounded by mountains which of course have runoff when it rains. And the river is fed by streams that run into it from out of the mountains, that are also paved over and capable of carrying a lot of water. Terminator 2 was actually filmed in one of those streams, not the LA River itself.

5. ellsworthman

ellsworthman Supporting Member

I woke up to a leaky roof. Again. Contractor patched it up, planning to start replacement Monday. I hope. Half inch of freezing rain forecast for tomorrow. Ugh.

6. JackButler

JackButler Supporting Member

I just know I want something in burst and super smooth...

7. Jakeboy

Jakeboy Member

ok....I LOVE Treble Boosters! Have had a bunch but strangely enough never a Beano . I would recommend either a White Dragon or an OC42 as they both do the Rangemaster thing pretty well plus so much more....plus they so,understand great into a clean amp...,but...if you want a pure treble booster, I’llrecommend two that I like as alternatives to the much lauded Beano. LP doesn’t make a pure treble booster Rangemaster clone.
    I have and love a Monsterpiece Monsterdrive. An excellent Rangemaster clone.
    My current fave is a new one from a small builder I found in LA named Chris a Vincent. Look up Chris’s Gear Outlet on Reverb and read all about them. The one I recently got is LOUD and way gnarly.I LOVE it with humbuckers.
    If you find a Diaz Texas Ranger they are great too....lots of good treble boosters out there.
    I also find the middle position on the SST by Lovepedal to really side like a TB too, even though it isn’t...but a killer versatile pedal it is!

8. Jiminvan

Jiminvan Supporting Member

9. Jiminvan

Jiminvan Supporting Member

"Wow I opened a deep rabbit hole with my Tele pups question! What makes it tougher is that I'm talking a Nashville set not straight Tele. Not many off the shelf sets out there."

So I figured out that putting hundreds of $CAD into Frankentele by going Fralin or Lollar etc would be silly, or at least out of my comfort zone. Enter Bootstrap (no affiliation). Hand wound pickups from Ohio, with customization available, being built the day after I ordered them, at $45 US for a Tele set, and $14 more to add a Strat middle pickup. Even a real nickel-silver neck pup cover at that price. With $9 shipping to Canada. And they get good reviews even on TGP and TDPRI!

Here's to builders who take a fair modest profit and sell things based on cost not on mojo, snake oil, and "if it costs more it must be better". Perfect fit for this thread.
    :beer

10. outdoorpja

outdoorpja Supporting Member

Jakeboy, HERSCHEL and Jiminvan like this.
  11. BluesB@r

BluesB@r Member

Thanks @Jakeboy !
    I was hoping you'd answer, I think I may have read a post or two about your love for treble boosters ;)
    I'll check those out,
    Does the Monsterdrive or Chris's pedals work well with single coils?

Jakeboy and HERSCHEL like this.
  12. RiverDog

RiverDog Member

The Catalinbread Naga Viper is my fav treble booster. It's very popular because it's excellent!

13. BluesB@r

BluesB@r Member

Thanks, I'll check that out as well

Jakeboy and RiverDog like this.
  14. Gookiecrunch

Gookiecrunch Member

I tested that theory with my strat... compared a bunch of fenders some lollars and frahlins.. then I got the virgil arlos... no snake oil there.. they are amazing I'm very very happy I got them. Sometimes a thing is well worth the $. Cheap isn't always the way to go. Lollars and frahlins are great pickups... but theres a magic to the arlos to my ears. Only other pickups I'd like to try are the ron Ellis's. Maybe next month. (Not saying those pickups you got are bad by any means. Play what makes you happy I always say)

15. Fat tone79

Fat tone79 Supporting Member

16. JackButler

JackButler Supporting Member

Still use my old old burst E. This round I want something less gain.
    Wish there was seomthing that fell between a COT and low gain Zen...hmm this 64 custom deluxe is calling for it.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
    BluesBUSTER, Fat tone79 and HERSCHEL like this.
  17. amdowell

amdowell Supporting Member

You’ll like this then:

18. HERSCHEL

HERSCHEL Member

So what I'm hearing is you should have listened to me in the first place. ;)

I think there's more snake oil around pickups than almost anything else in guitardom. A good pickup is a good pickup, and it's not rocket science. I don't think there's a bit of quality difference between DiMarzio, Duncan or Bare Knuckles, for instance.

BluesBUSTER, Hbom, torourke22 and 2 others like this.
  19. outdoorpja

outdoorpja Supporting Member

4 knob brown/cream deluxe?

Hbom, eclecticsynergy and JackButler like this.
  20. grego7

grego7 has left the building Gold Supporting Member

Are you talking Lovepedal or any builder? If you're opening it up to any builders, I just had pickdropper [one of the guys behind function f(x)] build me a mini rangemaster. Has a 3 way toggle, so it does full frequency boost as well. Into an overdriven amp, it's fantastic. I also have his mini Klon (minitaur) and a mini Clusterfuzz. He does fantastic work.