Lovepedal Hermida SNS Appreciation Thread Part Deux--The Ham Sammich Lives!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by la noise, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Jiminvan

Jiminvan Supporting Member

In these times a rare NGD post!

:banana:banana:banana:banana:banana

So far I like it a lot! Sounds great, plays fast and smooth, has my preferred skinny neck, and is in great shape for a '98. I need the wife and daughter to go for a long walk with the dogs so I can crank it up though.

Interesting how different the whammy feels vs. a Strat, and how much further off the body the top of the fretboard and strings are. Makes some things easier, but takes some getting used to. Love how you can just pop the whammy bar in and out once you have the set screw just right. That Leo...what a thinker!

2. RMosack

RMosack Supporting Member

Post from Glass Onion at the end of the previous page. 6:41 yesterday.

BluesBUSTER and Glass Onion like this.
  3. blues

blues Supporting Member

I have not been following TGP as much as I used too.

Thanks. Being hurt sucks. That's got to be rough.

BluesBUSTER, Glass Onion and RMosack like this.
  4. bbsomm

bbsomm Supporting Member

I had a '98 Legacy for awhile, that I ended up gifting to my dad. man, what a great feeling guitar these are

5. RMosack

The USA G&Ls seem to be consistently great guitars.

6. RMosack

And SAPD coincides with NGD as well as an ordered a NPD. .

I sold my 18th pedal since this COVID thing began. This time, it was the Fuzz 50 that didn't survive the shootout among the other silicon fuzz faces. Don't worry, the White Dragon and Black Glass OC42 are still here with the Buffalo FX to cover the germanium fuzz face ground. So that's the Sold A Pedal Day.

The white Page Telecaster just arrived a few minutes ago. I unpacked it and gawked for a few minutes, but I'm supposed to be working. From what I see, it's brand new. I bought it on Reverb as a "used" showroom model. I don't know if it's even been out of it's case. But can't complain about saving a grand! That's the New Guitar Day.

And the long awaited Buffalo FX Reticon Flanger finally showed up for pre-order today. Jumped right on that. I'm a sucker for the Electric Mistress thing. And if Buffalo FX can manage to do a modern version better than the others, I'm bumping things off boards. Everything that guy makes is great, so I'm hoping his flanger lives up to the expectations. No video demo, no clips, nothing. Just taking a chance.

My rationale for all of this is, "Look, I just sold my 18th pedal!"

Jakeboy, Big in Japan, JJO and 4 others like this.
  7. Glass Onion

Glass Onion Toneful truth seeker. Gold Supporting Member

Yep I am still hung up on it. He is a great friend. And that much negative mojo is not his style. He is a great guy.

8. Glass Onion

When I mean he is great guy. He would give you the shirt off his back for real. He is one of the best humans I have ever known. Helping him in and out of the car was breaking my hart because I know who he is. He is also a PHysicsl therapist and I joked he would have more empathy. But he already was a great guy helping people get through what he is now experiencing. And a friggin great player as well.

9. Glass Onion

If you have mojo and prayers in this already hard times. Zach Merchant could use the extra. If ya have the extra to give

bloobeastie, Lt Dak, yawiney and 7 others like this.
  10. LikeAMotherF

LikeAMotherF Supporting Member

He was in a band at 13? And they had a leader and digital effects and a board?

That's impressive!

I can't imagine tearing both quads at a trampoline park. Hell, I can't imagine tearing *anything* at a trampoline park. I'd be so pissed at myself!

It's one thing if you rip a tendon or break a bone doing something cool- you know, like saving a family of puppies from a burning house or something. But doing some recreational nonsense? Damn.

Last time I stepped on a skateboard, I was trying to show my son how to Ollie. I did a couple of bummy ones to demonstrate, then he went skating away to do his own thing. I decided that I was still sixteen so I attempted to Ollie up onto a park bench to do a grind.... and fell so hard on my face that my front tooth fell out! :eek:

You won't catch me doing anything "fun" that requires much more physical activity than running (jogging, really) or kicking a ball.

No trampolines. No skateboards. No baseballs. No skis. None of that.

To be honest, I'm not sure what a trampoline park is. But I can use my imagination.

11. BluesBUSTER

BluesBUSTER Supporting Member

I'm a big G&L fan, always saw the Legacy as being the next generation stratocaster. What the start would have been if Leo was still at the helm. There's a basis for that since the Legacy is Leo Fender's last "strat" design. It takes a little bit to get used tot he slightly different geometry - which I guess happens with all guitars - but once that's settled the Legacy is just wonderful. The '98 may be the first year with the 4 bolts neck. I've had both designs and for me there was no difference between the 3 and the 4 bolts on the G&L's. Congrats on a great guitar.

Last edited: May 21, 2020
  12. roquero

roquero Bold Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

It took me a couple of days, but I finally got through every possible combination the Gross Pedal offers.

I unequivocally LOVE it. It’s the most versatile pedal in my arsenal.

I listened to each pairing and toggle switch combination with a pen and notepad handy, jotting down 73 options that stood out to me among the couple hundred or so available (nothing wrong with the rest, but these were my favorites). Next to each option I made a note of how it sounded or of a recording it reminded me of. For example, one setting reminded me of the guitar tone of the opening riff of Bruce Springsteen’s “Cadillac Ranch” (it didn’t hurt that I was playing a pine telecaster!).

Now I see how Sean has made a career out of selling different tweaks on the Electra circuit. I can dial in convincing likenesses of Tweed, Blackface, Plexi, or JCM800 tones. A couple settings even produced some jangly Vox tones. And unlike the COT, the Gross has active tone controls to further tweak your tone.

Thanks for asking. I highly recommend the Gross pedal and wish I had found it sooner!

bloobeastie, Lt Dak, Blue Mel and 6 others like this.
  13. RMosack

You mean you aren't signing up for the risk-reward?

Let's see on one hand, you have extreme physical injury. On the other, you have ... bounce.

14. RMosack

Very cool. I was shocked when Joe Gore said that the thing has 25 different diodes. I figured 12 different diodes, at two of each, would be crazy enough.

15. Jiminvan

Jiminvan Supporting Member

Thanks!

16. Jakeboy

Jakeboy Member

. Done!

bloobeastie, HERSCHEL and Blue Mel like this.
  17. blues

blues Supporting Member

On the topic of pedals with a lack of sleep and surfing TGP I
    had a few thoughts. Something I already knew.

In general it is obvious how much the pedal market is overly saturated.
    You notice it more if your a member here.

Just look at the size and posts on the Effects,Pedals,& Things section.

I don't think any company that goes into business does not want to make a profit.
    This thread and others are example of this. Amps and Guitars too.

Even if your selling at a lower price it's ideal to make a profit. Your also provide
    a service to us tone chasers.

Looking back in retrospect I found my tone years ago. That's straight in or a pedal
    or two. I always go back to one to three pedals. One I sold a long time ago. This
    year I found one like the one I sold.

Having said that it did not stop me from buying many pedals over the years. It's
    fun and you never know you might find a different flavor that you like.

A few where gifts so I will never sell those.

It's fun and exciting. Speaking for myself I decided to stay with one company. That
    would be Lovepedal.

My father was a car mechanic. He worked for GM. He in jest would poke fun at the
    other big two. Deep down he probably meant it.

He told me he was a Chevy man. That was his thing. It must have rubbed off on me.
    More so working on cars with him after hours.

So I decided to stick with Lovepedal. Others may think why limit yourself? Part of it
    is I keep going back to those few pedals that make me happy. Others commenting
    on my tone was cool too.

I just bought a new guitar. That is one I keep going back too. Extra funds might slow me down. :crazy

I might have to turn in my gear page card. I have four guitars,three amps,and nine
    pedals. A few of the pedals where gifts so I will never sell those.

But I have been having a hell of a lot of gas for a Victoria Bassman. :D I let
    two of those get away in the past.

Having said all this I don't know if I will ever get of the merry go round. :dunno Sometimes
    it takes away the trouble of life for a period of time.

I may be off to scour the emporiums now. :crazyguy

18. HERSCHEL

HERSCHEL Member

Jim Marciano, Lt Dak, scatto and 3 others like this.
  19. Glass Onion

Whoops. My bad. I mistyped and twice at that. Woulda been 12 years ago not 22. Hahah. He’s good but not 13 in that level of band good. But these days
    lots of kids have way more skill than Most folks I know.

20. Oinkus

Oinkus Member

Bunch of 12 yo shredders around that are better then all of us put together I would think. There isn't any less traffic here at all from what I have seen , maybe just a little at rush hour. Every time I go out I see normal amounts , yesterday the grocery store parking lot was full end to end.