Lovepedal Hermida SNS Appreciation Thread Part Deux--The Ham Sammich Lives!

outdoorpja

Supporting Member
Hello Folks. Late to the game it seems, but I just picked up a big box Amp 11 in gold. Seems like it might be the SRV version? What would that entail? Thanks!
good score! i haven't had one, but i would guess a little more mids in the drive, and maybe a higher gain range. but i'm sure someone will chime in around here. my google results did come up with a couple youtubes of a comparison to the SRV version.

bbsomm

Supporting Member
Would there be any interest in setting up a "lovepedal club" for lack of a better name, where we could swap for say a week or two at a time, everyone gets to try the stuff they won't have a chance to now, and we are only out the cost of shipping.

to be clear, I'm not saying I would have time to run this, just throwing out an idea.

LikeAMotherF

Silver Supporting Member
Would there be any interest in setting up a "lovepedal club" for lack of a better name, where we could swap for say a week or two at a time, everyone gets to try the stuff they won't have a chance to now, and we are only out the cost of shipping.

to be clear, I'm not saying I would have time to run this, just throwing out an idea.
I've been thinking about something along those lines.

I think that when you do a PM, you can send to multiple people?

I was thinking maybe we should organize a private SNS, some Saturday night. We could each offer up whatever LP products we're not planning on keeping to each other. It could be trade based, or we could have a gentleman's agreement not to charge more than 10% of our purchase price. (Plus shipping!)

Or something like that.

It would need to be organized in a private space, however, so as not to run afoul of the TGP rules. And I'm in the same boat- I'm not sure I have the energy to organize something of that magnitude!

bbsomm

Supporting Member
I've been thinking about something along those lines.

I think that when you do a PM, you can send to multiple people?

I was thinking maybe we should organize a private SNS, some Saturday night. We could each offer up whatever LP products we're not planning on keeping to each other. It could be trade based, or we could have a gentleman's agreement not to charge more than 10% of our purchase price. (Plus shipping!)

Or something like that.

It would need to be organized in a private space, however, so as not to run afoul of the TGP rules. And I'm in the same boat- I'm not sure I have the energy to organize something of that magnitude!
I was part of a cigar board once that did an awesome "pay it forward" thing. essentially it would work like this. I would start, and the first person who said "mine" would claim whatever lovepedal I wanted to send them. They would then have the option of sending that one along, or keeping it, and sending a different lovepedal along to the next person. there are of course rules involved, like you can only claim a pedal once a quarter etc. That might be a fun way to do it.

Jiminvan

Supporting Member
I was part of a cigar board once that did an awesome "pay it forward" thing. essentially it would work like this. I would start, and the first person who said "mine" would claim whatever lovepedal I wanted to send them. They would then have the option of sending that one along, or keeping it, and sending a different lovepedal along to the next person. there are of course rules involved, like you can only claim a pedal once a quarter etc. That might be a fun way to do it.
Two somewhat easy ways to do this...

1. Mod's please tell me if I'm out of line, but why not just use the Emporium? We could all, on a pre-arranged date starting at pre-arranged time, start posting FS, FT, and WTB ads on the pedal Emporium, and agree ahead on a subject line intro like "RIPLP" or whatever, to make searching easy. In the emporium conversations can have more than one person so there's be a bit of a chance for back and forth but it wouldn't be as social as this SNS thread gets during a sale.
Problems:
- They'd need 100 mods on duty that night (assuming Emporium posts go through a mod before being posted)!
- Open to everyone on TGP including anyone who isn't in the spirit of the thing and wants to gouge, scam, etc. Not that that ever happens.

2. Skype/Zoom/etc: Hey it's COVID time right? We're all used to virtual hangouts now right? Anyone can set up a group chat, and for now they're free. We could have a hang, people could actually see the pedals for offer, etc. It'd be great. Easy to admin - if someone sets up a "meeting" the link can just be posted in this thread. It could even be sent by email to those who are no longer on TGP (calling LaNoise!) if people have a way of getting in touch with them.
Problems:
- Not sure what service allows unlimited (or at least enough) # of people in a group video call
- Bandwidth for some people

In both cases people can work out whatever payment method they trust, and we could have a gentleman's (gentleperson's) agreement on pricing, like my cost including original shipping plus outbound shipping, as a max (these are used pedals now...).

Could be a lot of fun!

blues

Supporting Member
With the original thread most of these
ideas were talked about. Save for the zoom idea.

Probably the best way to do it is just use email.

This was done in the past.

There was a list. It did not work out well for reasons that I don't think will happen
with the current crop of folks here.

The zoom idea sounds like a good alternative as well.

Last edited:

stevieboy

Clouds yell at me
Silver Supporting Member
If I was going to sell off Lovepedals, which I have no current plans to do, I wouldn't have any issue with charging going rates, and if they go up if Sean is in fact through making them (and I'm not sure he is but I don't know) I think we who have supported him as much as we have shouldn't be afraid to do that. or consider it gouging.

But, and it's a big but, anyone from this thread would get SNS like pricing. I couldn't say that in an Emporium ad of course, it would have to be understood.

Anyway, that's just how I would see it. I wouldn't expect anyone else to see it my way, in all or any part of that.

Last edited:

stevieboy

Clouds yell at me
Silver Supporting Member
I've been quiet here, not sure why, maybe just a little bummed MAGICboy and SNSs went missing. Still consider this a place full of friends.

Anyway, my only pedal activity is that I'm waiting on a Nocturne Brain El Pescadoro. Jr Barnyard plus reverb. That should a fun one. I still love my 60s Reverb--Nailed it! And it's the one pedal I use constantly--even usually use it when I'm playing my Accomplice which has reverb. The verb in the El Pescadoro isn't a spring type so that will be a different thing for me, I've always stuck to spring reverbs both real and simulated.

Fat tone79

Supporting Member
Hope everyone is doing well. Glad I kept a nice amount of LP’s. I pulled a few that I was selling off reverb awhile back. Can’t believe the site is down, anyway
I had a great time with the SNS’s and hanging out here with you guys. I’m happy with the ones I have and they aren’t going anywhere. :beer

Oinkus

Did I ever blab about that LP Standard with the factory Kahler I setup for my dipstick friend ? Locking Floyd nut and everything , recessed it was in sad shape but I cleaned it up and set it up correctly for the first time ever (early 80s model) a few years ago. Turned out pretty well you could beat on it hard as you wanted and it stayed in tune. Played good and sounded good but had a somewhat odd feel to it. Just reminded of it by @HERSCHEL post. it was eventually stolen by the guys kid and sold for heroin.Probably for less then a hundred bucks.

Wolfboy1

Grandpa but...Not Yet Old!
Silver Supporting Member
I have pretty much tried everything I wanted to and sold most of my excess stock (I feel quite lucky in that regard). Just parted with my Billet SSSRV and have one or two more to go (looked absolutely fantastic but didn't get used much and needed to pay for new guitar and GR-55). I might just hold on to the rest. Out of all the Lovepedals I have owned, at this point the only one I really miss is the Chrome Dover Drive I had, can't remember if I sold that here or Reverb. I might remember it as being better than it was, as I did sell it, but I think that's it. I still have around 15 or so that get used regularly or are different enough to use on occasion. It's been a blast and I will continue to be a regular here but something is not right about this whole situation. I am no longer expecting or waiting for another SNS, I wish Sean could have addressed this but no regrets, it's been a fun ride.

Jiminvan

Supporting Member
Did I ever blab about that LP Standard with the factory Kahler I setup for my dipstick friend ? Locking Floyd nut and everything , recessed it was in sad shape but I cleaned it up and set it up correctly for the first time ever (early 80s model) a few years ago. Turned out pretty well you could beat on it hard as you wanted and it stayed in tune. Played good and sounded good but had a somewhat odd feel to it. Just reminded of it by @HERSCHEL post. it was eventually stolen by the guys kid and sold for heroin.Probably for less then a hundred bucks.
Ouch.

timibucktwo

Supporting Member
Hope everyone is doing well. Glad I kept a nice amount of LP’s. I pulled a few that I was selling off reverb awhile back. Can’t believe the site is down, anyway
I had a great time with the SNS’s and hanging out here with you guys. I’m happy with the ones I have and they aren’t going anywhere. :beer
I have pretty much tried everything I wanted to and sold most of my excess stock (I feel quite lucky in that regard). Just parted with my Billet SSSRV and have one or two more to go (looked absolutely fantastic but didn't get used much and needed to pay for new guitar and GR-55). I might just hold on to the rest. Out of all the Lovepedals I have owned, at this point the only one I really miss is the Chrome Dover Drive I had, can't remember if I sold that here or Reverb. I might remember it as being better than it was, as I did sell it, but I think that's it. I still have around 15 or so that get used regularly or are different enough to use on occasion. It's been a blast and I will continue to be a regular here but something is not right about this whole situation. I am no longer expecting or waiting for another SNS, I wish Sean could have addressed this but no regrets, it's been a fun ride.
Both of these posts pretty well say it for me in that I’m not really planning on unloading any Lovepedals (even the ones I have two of), and I’ve appreciated getting to hang out with everyone here - although kind of regret that the whole LP silent departure is a bit strange (it would’ve been nice to be able hear something), but I hope Sean is well & things turn out for him wherever he goes from here.
Hope we find a way to stay connected somehow since other threads I’ve checked out on TGP seem to lack the camaraderie that I’ve found here.

Jim Marciano

Supporting Member
Spent a couple hours in the afternoon playing the Les Paul with my current three Zens and the Synergy OS module. Tried the Black Magic, the Red and the Black Zen-Zen II.

Thr OS module was hooked into my Mesa Mark V. Signal path was Les Paul into a Zen Drive into A-B box. One side to Mesa Mark V. Other side into Allen Encore (for Blackface Vibrolux tines). This way, when a Zen pedal was engaged, I could hear it into three clean channels: the Fat clean of the Mesa, the clean side half of the Synergy OS module, or the Encore.

Since I was playing a Les Paul, it was easy to get even the low gain right side of the Zen-Zen II to gain up.

The pedals are all really great. But after messing around with all three of them into all three clean channels, I came to the conclusion that the preamp module just does that Dumble thing better. Of course, better means it’s how my brain thinks it should sound. It does that blooming “chirp” thing that you expect.

The module sounds more like an amp ... because it is. Duh! The three band EQ, the Deep and Bright switches, plus the Rock/Jazz modes just allow so much tweaking. And of course, there’s a Volume, Gain, OD Level, OD Ratio and a Presence control.

Not sure if I will sell all three Zen pedals, since they come in handy for the other amps. Buy
But man, the OS module is the real deal. Wow!
i a little familiar with the synergy stuff, does the sny1 do anything, do you need it, or is it just a box to hold a module in?

Trending Topics