Lovepedal Hermida SNS Appreciation Thread Part Deux--The Ham Sammich Lives!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by la noise, Mar 6, 2018.

1. HERSCHEL

HERSCHEL Member

I have two, and may take up an old offer on a third, if still available when I get done with my guitar projects. The Sunrise Drive is a really nice, low-gain, Bluesbreaker-type drive. He’s added a toggle to newer ones ala the JHS Morning Glory. It’s not a screamer, but it’s a great base tone or, if you play a clean intro, drops you nicely in the mix when the rest of the band kicks in. It stacks nicely, as well.

‘The Woodsman is more: a bit more of a mid push, substantially more gain, not a tubescreamer, but not quite a clear Marshall box either, IMO, but it goes well with my Marshall-esque amps. Think Red Zen gain territory but with a more Marshall flavor than cranky, hot-rodded Fender.

2. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

Dr. Scientist Reverb is great sounding, very quiet (quieter than the Lovepedal reverbs) and pretty darn flexible. For a straight up reverb, it's my go to.

Blue Mel, pedalpusher and HERSCHEL like this.
  3. scatto

scatto Member

Not sure if you mean the billet Dover or the chrome painted Dover SE, but that SE has eluded me every time. Played a buddy’s a while back and had to have it, but never could get my hands on one.
    Not sure how I feel about selling off any of my LP’s, but think it maybe time to take a family photo or two to commemorate. Hoping for the best @MAGICboy.

4. AXXA

AXXA Supporting Member

I actually won a Bear Claw Fuzz here on TGP, it’s solid. It can get loud, it can get fat, and cleans up a bit too. Kind of like a Bonetender with more of a Fuzz Face bent. It’s unique. Solid quality

5. BluesBUSTER

BluesBUSTER Supporting Member

I have the Muskrat, a screaming RAT with a clipping option for silicone asymmetrical or "turbo" LED's. Pretty good pedal, I would recommend it if someone is looking for this type of sound.

6. Jiminvan

Jiminvan Supporting Member

Cool..but like Jam and another one I don't remember that was posted recently they don't have a reverb pedal! WTF?!

HERSCHEL likes this.
  7. LikeAMotherF

LikeAMotherF Supporting Member

I haven't yet. But my interest has been piqued by the raffles @Snare227 has done. If I were looking to buy something that fell in the general category of something he produces, I'd definitely give his stuff first consideration. I appreciate the generosity he has displayed, and I'd like to show appreciation, if and when applicable.

8. abby_normal

abby_normal Member

I’m a reverb junkie and sorry I missed buying a 60’s reverb, but just before it appeared for the first time on an SNS I had bought an SA Ventris and was afraid I had too many reverb pedals. The only two I’ve kept are the Ventris and a Flint. I especially like an outboard reverb engine I downloaded that is as close to an outboard Fender Tube Reverb as I’ve tried. Even has a bit of a drip. The Flint I’ve had for a long time and nothing has replaced it yet. The Ventris is on my stereo board and the Flint is on my mono board.

9. Jim Marciano

Jim Marciano Supporting Member

10. Tabor

Tabor Supporting Member

Yeah, but a lot of small builders don't have every category of effect reflected in their catalog. Think of Basic Audio or Monsterpiece or Faceless or Spiral Effects etc etc... I think Sean got quite a bit of help with his Reverbs (and Delays) from people like Hermida and Mr. Black. Maybe Mr. Black could help DWC add a reverb to his lineup?

DCW does have a cool looking delay though; The Hands of Time. There's a standard version ($119), dual version ($169) and Chaos version with a soft touch switch to push the repeats to the max for oscillation ($129). I'd probably like to try the Chaos version but a dual delay is also handy...

11. PedalCrazyFool

PedalCrazyFool Gold Supporting Member

Well, my wife bought a car tonight, I’m out of the pedal market for a while!

:D

12. eclecticsynergy

eclecticsynergy Member

So the plain black lovepedal that says "Reverb" in Fender style script (with the footswitch labeled "standby") is the same as the 60s Reverb Nailed It?

And was that ever made in a version with trails? There's one listed that way on Reverb.

13. RMosack

RMosack Supporting Member

"60's Reverb TRAILS!- $75.00! × 1"

timibucktwo likes this.
  14. Oinkus

Oinkus Member

Yes that is one and the same pedal it has had both of those names but I am not sure if there is any differences between Nailed it! and Trails! 4 knobs black says reverb in the pic of @RevLoveShot. Tone knob is tied to the Verb knob. @eclecticsynergy my Avatar pic is the tubes in my friends Hovercraft Dwarvenaut 20 ,just chuckle every time I read that line there. Frikkin eels ,tried a test at the kitchen yesterday for a guy. Bossman smoked some Eels was pretty good stuff.

15. outdoorpja

outdoorpja Supporting Member

I'm pretty sure there was only one black-case "Reverb" version. Once listed as "Nailed It" and once listed as "Trails". I believe it's all the same version.

16. guitarmania

guitarmania Member

Hi all. I have both an Amp11 (original teal version) which I have mostly run at 18v. I also have an Amp808 which sounds great at 9v, but at 18v forget about it—I’m finding that at that voltage there is a significant amount of loud hiss especially with boost on and running it into other drives. I don’t experience this with my old Amp11.

I’m wondering is it safe to run the Amp808 at 18v? Is the loud hiss normal? Is the Amp808 designed to prefer the lower voltage?

Also is there a difference other than cosmetics between the regular light green Amp808 vs. the limited edition green sparkle?

Thanks for your help!

17. skywade

skywade Member

What LP is the favorite to stack with an OD11 for Blues Rock?

timibucktwo and Blue Mel like this.
  18. Big in Japan

Big in Japan Supporting Member

Any version of the Eternity or Kalamazoo is great for blues rock, but especially the Eternity Burst.

Blue Mel, Hbom and skywade like this.
  19. Big in Japan

Big in Japan Supporting Member

60’s Reverb Nailed It and 60’s Reverb with Trails are the same thing.

pedalpusher likes this.
  20. Pill's_Ghost

Pill's_Ghost Member

I appreciate the suggestion and no doubt the RV-500 is phenomenal. I've just never been interested in big be all end all units. I like collecting individual pedals and supporting different builders. I just bought a used 3 knob Reverb3 to compare it with my 2 knob version, see how much difference that tone knob will make on the 'verb. I like ambient verbs and delays mostly but like to keep one clean 'normal' verb and one clean 'normal' delay. So basically trying out my normal verb slot. I've got the Boss DD7 as my normal delay and it is fantastic. I don't go after Boss pedals very often but I really like that one!

pedalpusher and honkeyjim like this.