Lovepedal Hermida SNS Appreciation Thread Part Deux--The Ham Sammich Lives!

BluesBUSTER

Supporting Member

Oinkus

Just doing fake stereo from most any chorus into 2 amps is a game changer for sound improvements. Having done a fairly recent switch replacement I have to say I am a huge fan of the Lehle switches. Worth the time and effort in my not so humble opinion. I am tired of buying cheap chinese crap that doesn't last.

Rob303

Supporting Member
I may order a tweed drive pedal in the next few days here. I was holding out for a Les Lius, but I'm thinking impatience will get the better of me soon enough, even though there's really no need to hurry.

I was also looking at a couple of BearFoot pedals. There's so much I like about them: sound, selection, company seems great, Don seems like a good guy from his interactions here, etc. I just really hate the crayon-looking print. :anon
I’ve had a Les Luis and an actual Tweed Deluxe. The Les Luis is cool but the old Catalinbread Formula No 5 really does tweed extremely well.

Jim Marciano

Supporting Member
Say @eclecticsynergy you almost got lucky, and didn’t know it. o_O When yall started talking VFE pedals a while back, I was clueless. Since you are one of our working musicians, I decided to try a Merman (on your want list). My plan was to mess with it and if it wasn’t over the top, I would sell it to you for a reasonable used price.

Welp, I love it. There are so many textures in that box. Of course, my good luck stuck it to you man. Because you mentioned the Alpha Dog, looks like I may have a distortion pedal in my future. Also, maybe some interest in the Tractor Beam? Peter R. must have changed the name or quit making it? Can't find. Wish I was just starting in pedals and knew about Lovepedals AND VFE’s. Top shelf stuff.

All of the newly tweeked VFE's will likely be great. But is there a must have next one from the peanut gallery?

i emailed peter a while back and at the time he was doing his kickstarter and he said he was cleaning up the designs to license vfe pedals for someone else to build, it was supposed to be this fall but its probably delayed, last week he said he was selling the last of his prototypes on reverb, so he is probably done with his updates and redesigns...so i wouldn't pay a ridiculous price for a vfe pedal at the moment

Jim Marciano

Supporting Member
I may order a tweed drive pedal in the next few days here. I was holding out for a Les Lius, but I'm thinking impatience will get the better of me soon enough, even though there's really no need to hurry.

I was also looking at a couple of BearFoot pedals. There's so much I like about them: sound, selection, company seems great, Don seems like a good guy from his interactions here, etc. I just really hate the crayon-looking print. :anon
I'm in the middle of a bearfoot tourbox right now and the goldilocks od ( sparkling yellow overdrive) is really fantastic, it does have 2 modes a tweed side and a low gain plexi side, I'm not really bonding with the plexi side, but the tweed is excellent, it gives me everything i want and none of what i don't, i can dial in plenty of bass without it flubbing and a nice treble without it getting harsh, i mainly want lower gain stones like tones but it can also get overblown neil youngish tones as well, i will have a video on youtube next week of my very poorly filmed demo

RMosack

Supporting Member
I'm in the middle of a bearfoot tourbox right now and the goldilocks od ( sparkling yellow overdrive) is really fantastic, it does have 2 modes a tweed side and a low gain plexi side, I'm not really bonding with the plexi side, but the tweed is excellent, it gives me everything i want and none of what i don't, i can dial in plenty of bass without it flubbing and a nice treble without it getting harsh, i mainly want lower gain stones like tones but it can also get overblown neil youngish tones as well, i will have a video on youtube next week of my very poorly filmed demo
Congrats. I've done two of their tour boxes before, but somehow missed out on that one. Loads of fun. I guess they've parted ways with Bjorn, but the pedals are always great.

Jim Marciano

Supporting Member
Congrats. I've done two of their tour boxes before, but somehow missed out on that one. Loads of fun. I guess they've parted ways with Bjorn, but the pedals are always great.
As i understand it the disagreement was that bjorn wanted to mass produce Chinese built effects and bearfoot wanted to continue handmaking effects...im sure there is more to it but i think that's the cliffnotes, i think he is going to do another box after this one probably with eq, comp and mini vibe, he started a thread somewhere

RMosack

Supporting Member
As i understand it the disagreement was that bjorn wanted to mass produce Chinese built effects and bearfoot wanted to continue handmaking effects...im sure there is more to it but i think that's the cliffnotes, i think he is going to do another box after this one probably with eq, comp and mini vibe, he started a thread somewhere
I think @LikeAMotherF gave some of the story in the thread a ways back. Or maybe I read something in another thread. I recall somebody stating something to the effect that Bjorn didn't like the Bearfoot practice of changing a component or two and selling alternate versions of his designs. Sort of like, he would make a Yellow This or That, and they would change a resistor and sell it as a Dark Yellow This or That.

Jim Marciano

Supporting Member
I think @LikeAMotherF gave some of the story in the thread a ways back. Or maybe I read something in another thread. I recall somebody stating something to the effect that Bjorn didn't like the Bearfoot practice of changing a component or two and selling alternate versions of his designs. Sort of like, he would make a Yellow This or That, and they would change a resistor and sell it as a Dark Yellow This or That.
yeah i have read that there was a disbute about some money as well...but its none of my business lol and I'm glad that both are doing well and there are a lot of avenues to buy the pedals, this is my 3rd bearfoot tourbox and I'm originally from st louis so i love bearfoot, some of the one controls sound excellent as well

Blue Mel

Silver Supporting Member
Peter from VFE is doing a limited release of his designs but - for what I know - the list may be closed.
Another great pedal brand. I have a few and they're excellent.

Peter's a teacher. Depending on the pandemic/reopening situation, he might be inclined to revive the side business in the coming months.
I think the possibility exists that he could do a run of pedals this Fall. I wouldn't mind an Alpha Dog, or maybe a Merman.

You right about not paying inflated price (for 'old' VFE) right now @Jim Marciano . What got me to jump was the limited redesign, hand wired list being open for a short period of time this Summer. I bought from Peter directly for $200. He was assembling at his facility. Got to choose enclosure & knob & graphic color. Then he assembled the “New” internal design one at a time. I got into the list just in time, thanks to the info. posted on here.

Peter R. is very timely and honest with his emails. Straight forward. His video states that the redesigns are close to all completed (every pedal). They will be available to the public soon as possible. He will not build them personally, but if his name is on them – I completely trust his word of quality. Be patient for what's coming grasshopper, as Jim said.

RMosack

Supporting Member
yeah i have read that there was a disbute about some money as well...but its none of my business lol and I'm glad that both are doing well and there are a lot of avenues to buy the pedals, this is my 3rd bearfoot tourbox and I'm originally from st louis so i love bearfoot, some of the one controls sound excellent as well
Agree completely. Bearfoot and One Control both make great stuff. I need to get into the next tour box again.

RMosack

Supporting Member
Anybody know viable options for really, really short patch cables? Like just an inch or two?

I'm looking for something that can plug into those close packed loop switcher jacks. Some switchers, like the One Control Crocodile, have loops that have an in, send, return and out jack. So, to use loop 8 and loop 9, you have to plug into the IN of loop eight from the neighboring looop 7, then the SEND/RETURN bit, the OUT of loop 9 right into the IN of loop 9.

I can make little tiny cables, but it's a real PITA. Hoping somebody makes them.

Trending Topics