• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Lovepedal Hermida SNS Appreciation Thread Part Deux--The Ham Sammich Lives!

Glass Onion

Toneful truth seeker.
Platinum Supporting Member
Hot damn oh Amsterdam.
The Keely 30 ms in the effects loop of the 5150 III 50s is nailing the Tones of Balance and forward albums. Can dial back for 5150. Not everybody’s favorite Eddie foe sure. But I am close to that OU812 tone. That tone that had me jumping on the trampoline with an acoustic pretending to be the man.

I had a boom box in my second story window. And the back drive way was lower (the house was built on a hill). So I could jump high enough to be right ear level with the boom box when I was high.

first time in my life I have that tone at my fingertips and it’s fuh Kin glorious.

I have a house full of kids and a wife napping. I could crank it and maybe not disturb them but I am waiting for the moment when it is just me and the beast.
Rock ain’t dead damn it. Rock and roll will never die. But while I am alive. It will live.
Lord Thurisaz I wish you were one house over to come play man. I love ya. It ain’t gone. It is alive and loud.
Later some very heavy sounds will be made.

I am a kid reborn with the master maniacs tools in my hands.

peace love and loud to all my Lovepedal brothers.
It is gonna be a loud night.

Glass Onion

Toneful truth seeker.
Sorry to keep talking but.
I have a Duncan Custom Custom coming in this week to go in my 93 Strat plus. First real good guitar I ever owned. Played it for 15 years.
Ready to put it back in regular use. Already have a slant humbucker pick guard. Gonna use long screws and go into the body.
Got a week off from teaching and a few days before. Cooking for the family.

Glass Onion

Toneful truth seeker.
And Oinkus I may even treat them to some good spaghetti from your recipe. But only if they are worth it man.
That is labor intensive but worth every moment. Love ya and thank ya for the great recipes.

Oinkus

Always nice to be searching for a particular sound and finding it available with the gear you are using. Thought that the Keely 30MS would be a useful pedal when it came out just never got around to adding one to the fold. Keep on keeping on ! I am actually smiling about the enthusiasm and it really hurts my face ! I will turn my rig on tomorrow for a few and make some obnoxious noises just for you @Glass Onion.

RMosack

Silver Supporting Member
Well, I did a thing again! MF has had an onslaught of Excel Series D'Angelicos today. I resisted the first two, and it helped that they seemed to either sell out fast or it's a stupid deal of the HOUR thing ... not sure. But I bit on the third one! They seem to be marking various Excel Series models down about a grand for the SDOTD.
D'Angelico Excel Series SS Semi-Hollow Electric Guitar with Stopbar Tailpiece Cherry

View attachment 318811
This one was dropped from the $1799 it usually sells online down to $799. Laminated maple front, back and sides, center block, USA made Seymour Duncan 59 pickups with push pull coil splits on the ebony tone knobs, maple neck, Pau Ferrro board, 24.75" scale, hardshell case.

From what I understand, the Premier (bottom), Excel (mid range), and Deluxe (high end) series are all made in one of the "good factories" in South Korea. Schecter, BC Rich, PRS SE, etc. made there (I think!). The Excel tends to be a step up with USA pickups and a few other features.

My view here is I've missed the CS-336 I had to sell years ago to pay some lawyers (ugh!). Replacing that baby means over $3k, and even more for a fancy one. I also have wanted an ES-335/345/355 for decades. But again, we are talking $3k-$5k, depending on model. You could go Epiphone to scratch the itch. But one, this guitar kind of looks cool as hell. And two, the price is insane. A couple of gold Duncan 59s alone are going to run over $200. A decent hard case is $150. Figure it's worth the shot.
This came today. The actual guitar looks better than that stock photo. A deeper red that's a lot closer to this BC Rich picture below than that stock D'Angelico photo above. The actual guitar is probably halfway between the two shades.
1606018989064.png

Anyway, past the colors. The build, fit and finish are great. I'm sure the top must be a veneer. Makes sense since it's a laminate build just like most similar Gibsons. Can't see how thick, because the F holes are bound. Plays very well right out of the box. Oh, came in what looks to be a high quality case.

It didn't take me long to realize that, despite the guitar saying "Excel" on the headstock, the specs for this guitar are NOT the same as the D'Angelico site. Different neck inlays and the pickups absolutely do not split with push pull pots. So I wonder if they are even Duncan 59s. I'm guessing this is old stock from some previous year when the Excel had different specs.

I played around with it for about an hour and a half. Played very well. Neck pickup sounded okay. Both pickups together too. Bridge alone was kind of meh. Shame. It's beautiful and very well made. But I think it's let down by whatever pickups are in it. Probably not the Duncan 59s listed on the site. Will send it back. Oh well...

yawiney

Hey guys,
I hope your 2020 has been better than mine. I know it's been tough all over.

I've been out of the gear buying since being out of work, but all this staying at home has me wanting a better looper than my little Ditto. I may post something on the general forum but I value the opinions of people here more than the general forum. I know some people here have talked about loopers in the past when i ws a regular, specifically the Trio and Boonar.

I really miss playing live and I'm finally breaking down and thinking of getting something with drum tracks to play to.

As far as demos, I love the intuitiveness of the Pigtronix Infinity 2- (but no drums), I'm also considering the Nux loop core deluxe, Boss RC-5, EHX 22500, and maybe even the TRiO all of which have the drums.
The demo David Kotai of Pigtronix did for Infinity 2 makes me consider getting that and a Little Buddy drum pedal.

Also, if any of you feel inclined to let me know what happened to Sean and LP either here or pm i'd appreciate it.
Much Love,
I forget exactly how the goodnight song goes, but if you remember that you've been here a while.
Goodnight Yawiney, I love you, Goodnight.

Last edited:

Oinkus

My upgrade from the original Ditto was first the Ditto X2 and it worked fine until the switches stopped working. I am not going to buy another TC Electronics product again. Moved on to the MXR Clone looper and it works well for what I do , a quick clean rhythm to rip over. Has some extra features that I don't use and the sound is good.

abby_normal

If I didn't have my Trio+ pedal in 2020 I would gone nuts. So much better to practice with something keeping time and I can still get new stuff out of that pedal, even after three years using it. Yeah, it can get cheesy at times, but luckily I like cheese. By far my most used pedal ever. I have about ten surf tunes programmed on a card and I can run through them in about a half hour. I do wish there were was a dedicated surf genre, but I make do with the two styles that are available. Sad that the pedal will probably never be updated.

Oinkus

I can mimic the Eddie sound with more effects pretty well. Eb tuned HM Strat into the Prosonic , Lovepedal DL 1 short delay , MXR Stereo Chorus , 60s Reverb all in the FX loop. Xotic SP comp , Triskelion about in the middle of the range , Red Moon Tchula left side only. Not a ton of gain from the amp but 3 is more then most amps.

Glass Onion

Toneful truth seeker.
Hell yeah. That is a good recipe. The detune panned thing is a beast.

I got off on a tangent this morning.
Playing some 80s country. Alabama is in the house. So good “feels so right”.
Grew up on this cheesy country. But it beats what passes as country these days.
I am a Hank Sr. Willie Waylon Merle person. But grew up on Tanya Tucker. And Alabama and lots of others.
Alabama is such a great band fir hits. Kinda like Hal and Oats. Just too good to deny. Pop at its best.

HERSCHEL

FWIW, for my question above, I have poked around the net a bit. I've seen loads of responses. Some claim that Vintage burst has both a black outer an brown inner edge. Some claim Tobacco only has the brown. No idea if that's true. I've also seen some people claim that one of the colors has a red component, while the other doesn't. NOt sure which is which. But for every discussion forum or article I've found, there seems to be pictures that counter what is written.

My proposal to the question is this. Both have a yellow middle, but:
1) Tobacco has a brown edge
2) Vintage burst has either a black edge or black and brown edge

So the big difference would be tobacco only has that brown edge, and no presence of black. Any hints of red are just the brown and yellow colors mingling. Could that be right?
Huh, I always thought Tobacco indicated fading inside and out from brown while Sunburst indicated in and out from red.

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
Hey guys,
Also, if any of you feel inclined to let me know what happened to Sean and LP either here or pm i'd appreciate it.
Much Love,
I forget exactly how the goodnight song goes, but if you remember that you've been here a while.
Goodnight Yawiney, I love you, Goodnight.
We don't really know. There's been speculation that it might have to do with some legal problems. But he's never come forward so, I think most of us are disappointed but not going to guess about what's going on any further.

HERSCHEL

I found a custom 5E3 clone, now re-housed in a wooden cabinet ,on the verb, from a small shop, and I'm tempted but I have never heard of the "company", though $550 seems like a solid deal.

Trending Topics