lovepedal Karl Fuzz 2 knob tell me about it

Strat58

Hi what is it ? a silicon Fuzz ? there is one for sale here in Holland, looks nice to use together with mine Eternity. Can you stack it ?
Thxx you for your time.
Peace Strat58

aaronblues

Silver Supporting Member
I like mine better without stacking, but your opinion may differ. Silicon, nasty fuzz that can do some ring mod/octave tones depending mostly on volume and playing technique. What i like about it is that it's not an "all-or-nothing" fuzz, like some of the trashier fuzzes. It can roll back fairly well on the volume dial, and has some cool subtle differences depending on what guitar you're hitting it with, and how you're setting the knobs.

cheers

Strat58

Hi thxx you for your comment. Is it just only a silicon Fuzz then, I have no use for a octave thing.
Peace Strat58

cuz/karl

Yep good discription.I asked for a fuzz that could do old Clapton & Gibbons tones but also could sound like the speakers were getting ripped from the frames when wanted,so there you have it.
As for not haveing a use for the ring mod stuff.Play one you might be surprised.

daacrusher2001

Silver Supporting Member
I just bought a used KF for $90. It's got the tone knob. The tone knob is subtle. I didn't notice much difference in tone from all the way left to all the way right, so I contacted Lovepedal about it. They said it's very subtle.

So I ended up leaving it in the middle and worked with the volume and fuzz knobs.

This is a great fuzz pedal. I was using a Les Paul and a 65Amps Elvis. Very clean amp - you can nail Cream, ZZ Top (Tush), or even things like Satisfaction. I'll try it with a strat tonight to see how it changes.

Warning - It takes some tweaking to get used to it. I turned the fuzz all the way up and I thought it was muddy. Too low had no punch and was a little muffled. It seems to require some balance between the guitar volume, amp volume, and then the two knobs on the pedal.

A little patience pays off with some great sounds.

Trending Topics