Lovepedal Karl

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by sweetpea, Nov 11, 2005.

1. sweetpea

sweetpea Supporting Member

Man the clips sound really great! I hear Jimi, EC and even EJ in that box. Can anybody elaborate on the what settings they like for certain tones? And how does it sound going into a Fender inspired circuit via a strat? Does a wah still need a buffer circuit installed when the Karl is in use? I was hoping to boost it with my Timmy.

Thanks.:)

2. sweetpea

3. Guitarzan

Guitarzan Member

This is one killing pedal!! It works really well with the wah, no buffer needed. I use it with blackface style amps and it works amazing. Its really " alive ". Incredible touch response.

4. 20forSeven

20forSeven Member

I would probably buy one if it had an ac adapter and an led. Pedals without these two things are basically worthless to me since I would be using these pedals at gigs and I will not mess with batteries ever again, and it is helpful to know if your pedal is on or not at a live gig. I heard lovepedal doesn't put these on a lot of his pedals so he can charge less for them but he just raised all of his prices so go figure.

5. Priestunes

Priestunes Member

I did the unthinkable: I cut my Godlyke 9V adapter in two, drilled a hole in the bottom of my Lovepedal vibe, soldered it together again, and now it's always plugged in. Sean claims that cheap, non-duracell type batteries sound better than any power source with his pedals, but I kept forgetting to unplug and was wasting lots of 9Vs. The same could be done with the Karl, which I tried at a local store and am fully blown away by. Great, powerful, rich, full, balanced tone. Damn nice fuzz!

6. sweetpea

I may be in line for one and keep going back and forth between it and a Cot 50. And yes, I would like to make it adaptable for a pedal power 2.

7. cuz/karl

cuz/karl Supporting Member

I would highly reccommend carbon batteries.I've had one in mine for 6 months with out a problem & they sound WAY better then the PPII.

8. sweetpea

Carbon batteries it is. Thanks Cuz/Karl. From my little bit of research, I am wondering if you are indeed the catalyst for this particular Love Pedal? Do you hear any EJ in it depending on its settings? The pedal I am looking at does not have the outside bias pot or led.

Thanks.:)

9. cuz/karl

cuz/karl Supporting Member

Sean is soly responsable for the kARL.He was kind enough to dub it the kARL due to the conversation we had about the fuzz I was looking for.
    I had no hand in its design ,just a verbal discription of what thought would be cool.
    I'm no expert on EJ tone ,but I do hear early Clapton & some Jimi.
    But most of all I hear me,thats what I like about Seans stuff.
    No clones,just great tone & feel.Easy to find your own voice.

The BBB is a monster too,highly recommened.

10. Yek

Yek Member

The pedal does sound great. Is there any issue combining it with a wah or buffer?

11. Guitarzan

Guitarzan Member

It works incredibly with the wah. Here's a clip I did with the wah.

Karl Wah

12. sweetpea

Thanks you guys for all of the input. And thanks to you Cuz/Karl for the explanation on the Karls background. Now I just need to have it arrive for a sonic eval..................:)

13. Glenn Baren

Glenn Baren Member

To Guitarzan: Jeeze Dude nice Playing !!
    Glenn

14. Guitarzan

Guitarzan Member

Thanx man!!!

15. gkelm

gkelm Supporting Member

I like the clips I hear on Sean's site...but sometimes it's hard to tell what it's gping to sound like when I get it home. Would you say it leans more toward a smoother fuzz tone? For reference, or the Fulltone fuzzes, I like the Soulbender the best.
    Thanks.
    Greg

16. rawkguitarist

rawkguitarist Member

Well, actually Sean CONSTANTLY changes his prices. He does this to control the level of demand for particular pedals. The exact same thing department stores do with their products. He kinda promotes one pedal, backs off on another. Notice the "LIMITED TIME SPECIAL" on Karls.

I check his site every few days... always changes... try it, you'll see.

ALSO... about the LED's and adapters... I had a conversation with him just last night about this. He gave me an explanation about several pedals why he adds them or doesn't. One main reason, people use the wrong voltage or type of adapter, with his sensitive circuits (especially the BBB) it jacks them up.

RememberÂ… he makes this stuff out of his HOUSE.

17. rawkguitarist

rawkguitarist Member

PS. I've got a BBB and a Karl on the way. Can't wait to try them out.

Oh yeah... Josh kinda rocks. :AOK

18. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

Yeah I went to his site to buy a twin 60 and wamo it's $200.00 dollars now! And it was $150.00 the day before. The guy charges a good bit, I know everybody likes the pedals but I can't spend that much taking everybodys word for it for a boost. Everything is $200.00 or higher, except the Vibe. WTF! I really want to give these a try, but the prices have kept me from that.. I'm shure he has enough buisiness though...I still want to try the twin 60, but being I'm so happy with the Burriss Boostier, I can't spend $200.00 for another boost.. My wife would kill me!!

19. rawkguitarist

rawkguitarist Member

"Everything is $200.00 or higher, except the Vibe. WTF! "

What are you talking about man??

Vintage 1/2 Watt amp $119
    Cannibal 1/2 watt amp $119
    Vibe $155
    Karl $150

20. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

First off the karl is usually $200.00, it's on sale right now, and the 1/2 watt amps are amps, I'm talking about pedals. Believe me I want to buy from him, from the sound samples alone..