Lovepedal Lineup pt.2 (crunchy amp)

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by fatback, Sep 22, 2006.

1. fatback

fatback Member

Here's part two of the Lovepedal survey I started last week. Part 1 showed the pedals with ringing chords into a clean amp. For Part 2 I want to demonstrate how these pedals can help sculpt a lead tone when stacked into a light crunchy sound. To help my Princeton impersonate a meaner amp, I'm using a Valveboy tube od set to light gain before the amp.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3371266190514217440&hl=en

Since I forgot the subtitles on this one, here's the order I'm playing them in, with a few added notes:

COT50red - I like to use the COT50 at it's minimum setting when stacking in front of gain. I'll turn up the gain if I'm using it on it's own. At this setting the COT50 is not as pronounced as the other pedals in these clips, but it does add a really sweet upper midrange push and clarity that I really dig with single coils. :YinYang

Balance - more volume and a flatter eq than the COT. It's the perfect stack-mate before a turned down COT. :BEER

LO - This one is cutting and dynamic. It's not in the shot since it got kicked out of view of the mirror in the previous take. :jo

Purple Plexi - thick as a brick :hiP

Karl - the mutant! :messedup

Here's a flashback to pt. 1 of the lineup demos:
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6600051711951936504&hl=en

I made these two vids to give folks an idea about the sounds of the different Lovepedals. Of course these will all sound a bit different with other players and rigs, but at least you can hear them relative to each other.

cheers.
    :)

the fine print:
    (while I can understand the enthusiasm folks have for some of their other pedals, I'd much appreciate it if this thread could stick to the topic at hand. If you need to discuss how much you are liking another builder's pedal, please start a new thread or find one more appropriate. thank you. )

2. jazzandmetal?

jazzandmetal? Supporting Member

3. fatback

fatback Member

I just had it pointed out to me that the video opens with what appears to be a giant ear in the mirror that then quickly morphs into my foot. Most peculiar these fun-house mirrors.
    :p :crazy

J&M - The PP has been very addicting to play through. It brings huge body and girth to my fuzz/drive party. Sean told me that he would be making them in small runs from time to time. Stay tuned.

:AOK

4. jbro

jbro Silver Supporting Member

It looks like you cranked the knob on the COT all the way up with your foot before you turn it on, but your description says you're using the minimum setting?

Interestingly enough, I liked the LO best in your last video, but it was my least favorite this time around.

Nice playing and thanks for the videos, BTW.

5. fatback

fatback Member

Yup that's the magic of mirror-vission ;)

It is at the min. setting

6. jbro

jbro Silver Supporting Member

Haha, let's hear it for common sense! :crazy

7. jazzandmetal?

jazzandmetal? Supporting Member

I liked the purple plexi the best both times...followed by the balance.

8. usc96

usc96 Member

I liked the LO best this time. Of course, I started feeling like I was having a true flash back when you hit the Karl switch.:crazy

9. BudLite

BudLite Supporting Member

Put a sock on it.!! the foot that is.....nice playin :BEER

10. fatback

fatback Member

Ha!:D

So does anyone know where I can get some n.o.s. argyle socks. TSP (the sock page) is currently down for maintanance. :p

11. Enjoyer

Enjoyer Member

Try the dealer emporium at TKP (The Knit Page), Darn it!

12. Grant Ferstat

Grant Ferstat Some guy in obscure bands in a far away place... Silver Supporting Member

I'm really looking forward to getting a Purple Plexi now!

13. fatback

fatback Member

I forgot the pic.:jo

[​IMG]
    (L->R and with the settings used in the 2nd vid) cot50 (red), Balance, LO, Purple Plexi, and Karl.

cheers.
    :)

14. Stressfest

Stressfest Member

+1 :D