1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Lovepedal ProValve KICKS...initial thoughts

Discussion in 'Builder's & Retailer's Forum' started by turtleheadblues, Sep 5, 2008.

1. turtleheadblues

turtleheadblues Senior Member

Got some in stock in the store I work at today and spent some time with the ProValve into a 65 amps London 1x12 combo.

The London has virtually no gain and this ProValve lit that som bitch up!!!

I normally dont like high gain pedals as most just blanket the amp over and kill the amp natural overtones.

having that second channel for leads is a godsend, it is perfect.

The ProValve added tons of gain and ACCENTED the natural tones of the amp. Its like adding 2 natural high gain channels to a clean amp. This one def seems suited for a totally clean amp. SO much can be done with the vol knob on the guitar.

I absolutely fell in love with this one and will be gigging it soon. Pay deduct here we come. :banana

2. Groovey Records

Groovey Records Member

Jackson Heights Birthplace of Johnny Thunders
    hello where am I how did I get here where did everybody go

Wha Happen ?

I sure would like to hear it one day

3. big mike

big mike Consigliere Staff Member

Moved. As a dealer, you need to post such things in the appropriate area.

4. turtleheadblues

My goal tomorow is to get a vid clip of it ripping thru a 65 London.

5. todd richman

todd richman Senior Member

I am curious how it sounds too. I love the older handwired COT50's and wonder how the PV differs.

6. turtleheadblues

I had a customer come in today and was blown away with it. He said he had a Crunchbox that was now for sale after buying the ProValve. He cranked it thru a 65 London and ended up buying it. It really sounds like part of the amp. It just kills any other high gain pedal I have heard for a natural amp like high gain.