lovepedal purple plexi 800 vs emma reeza

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by spazmonkey, Mar 2, 2008.

1. spazmonkey

spazmonkey Member

Anyone here tried both of these pedals? I have a pp800 on order and am curious about the reeza....

2. spazmonkey

spazmonkey Member

3. cuz/karl

cuz/karl Supporting Member

I tried the Emma and PP100 next to each other.I liked the tone of the 100 better but wished it had more gain...well there ya go.

The Emma seemed a little fizzy and not as amp like.

I tried it through a RT66 set clean thru a z best cab & a paul.
    At home I use a RT66 almost crancked w/ an airbreak thru a 112 v30 closed back.

Thru a cookin amp I could keep up with my other guitarists modern channel on is Mesa dual recto w 212.:eek:

I don't use that kind of tone all that much but its nice to have.And that was with the gian set to 2:00

This is quickly becoming my favorite Lovepedal.

4. spazmonkey

spazmonkey Member

Dude, you RAWK!! thanks man, can't wait to get mine!!! thanks again!!

5. gang twanger

gang twanger Member

Is there a waitlist on those? Price? I've been trying to narrow the choices for that type of thing(Menatone KotB, CMAT Brownie, Plexidrive, etc.)

side note: Isn't it funny how we spend all kinds of money trying to find pedal that nails the sound of this or that Marshall, when we could have just saved and bought the real thing with the money we would have spent? Gotta love that instant gratification!

6. cuz/karl

cuz/karl Supporting Member

I think hes shifting them into tour pro production.
    Should be a little cheaper/quieter,more durable switch.

as for the side note: I had a Marshall and sold it for the 66,witch is basicly an old kt66 type marshall,but the PP800 gets me to more modern sound without haveing to lug another amp.

7. Jason Lynn

Jason Lynn Member

True, but the problem is....those Marshalls are sooooooo freakin loud. I have a 70's non master that sounds amazing but it's just not practical most of the time.